Barcelona vs Chelsea

termninja

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

defend for your lives for the first 45 minutes, if they get one , for some unknown reason they keep getting more. keep the score 0-0 for the first half (albeit our counters) and wait for them to make a sub to go all out. COME ON CHELSEA.

Do think that Guardiola will probably start with his 3-3-4 against us by playing Tello & Alves both out wide to stretch us.

Don't think that'll do them much good if we play with 4 holding midfielders like we did at SB. Honestly, Pep never struck me as a tactical genius.

Don't think that'll do them much good if we play with 4 holding midfielders like we did at SB. Honestly, Pep never struck me as a tactical genius.

They would surely look stretch us because we'll be playing and most likely defend very narrow and make the center area very congested.

Hah you got that right.

It's more like: " Andres, Xavi, Cesc pass it around, Dani run on that wing, Messi do your thing, rest of you pass to Xavi, Messi, Cesc or Iniesta when you don't know what do to, keep the possession high and try to win" :D

Such a shame Sturridge is not playing well at this moment in time.

I would have been been excited at the thought of having the Sturridge of earlier in the season on the right against Adriano, especially when we get the ball and counter.

They would surely look stretch us because we'll be playing and most likely defend very narrow and make the center area very congested.

I think that one of the things that frustrated Barca the most on wednseday is that we, for most of the game, tried to contain them and force them to make side passes instead of crowding the player in possession. The latter kind of pressure is what barca want teams to play against them since it leaves spaces on the far side of the defense and since they thrive on playing passes in tight areas. This is why I believe that we won't mind too much if they choose to play more on the wings, in fact that is where we should try to force them, imo.

Real beat them on Nou Camp by 2-1. They seem to be in a bad period, but this might motivate them, because the League is as good as lost, so the UCL remains their last chance to save the season. Kind of our situation.

Anyway, they had possesion, obviously, but they didn't create many chances. They also proved again that they're in big trouble when they have to defend so we should try more, specially that they will attack us the whole game.

We just need brain, heart and balls for this game. It's not that hard!

dsdsdsdsaaaaaaaaaaaaaq.png

Haha the Barcelona fans are so funny. They're saying that Guardiola gave it up on purpose because he knew that Real are going to win the league anyway, so he focused on the game against Chelsea. :D I wonder what's next. Maybe the aliens will be responsible if they don't get through.

Another thing: we need to be more careful with the freekicks we're going to get on Tuesday. They are really bad when it comes to defending in this kind of situations.

Especially in nou camp where the pitch is realy big, they will try to stretch our defense even more.

They will create chances against us and hopefully they are as wasteful as they did against us and Madrid.

If we start more attackingly football, surprise them and somehow score goal. That would mean, we would be probably in final.

Barca looks bit miserable, but every match is something else. Hope we can go to final.

Barca struggled big time today against a Real side that played the same way we did. Possession was like our game, 70-30 ish and yeah, Barca created some chances but never really looked comfortable. I don't know if this is in our favour or not tho as Barca won't want to slip up in 3 consecutive games but we'll certainly get a boost if Robbie and the lads sit down and watch that game. We need to play the exact same way and do the same job Real did today then we might sense some very unlikely glory.