• Essien
    • Malouda
    • Kalou
    • Sturridge
    • Torres
    • (SUB) Mikel
    • (SUB) Mata
    • (SUB) Cole

Kalou, Malouda, Sturridge were all soooooo disappointing. Kalou was so damn wasteful.

No point excluding Torres from that list. He doesn't deserve to escape criticism after a horrible performance just because he cost £50m and is one of the highest paid players in the team.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No point excluding Torres from that list. He doesn't deserve to escape criticism after a horrible performance just because he cost £50m and is one of the highest paid players in the team.

I think that he tried, at least. and the he suffered from the poor display of the other attackers. But yes, he was disappointing as well.

We did what was necessary considering 4th is becoming a real stretch and all the players would rather focus their energy into beating Barcelona to reach the Champions League Final on Tuesday. So really, I'm not complaining at all about the shocking display in front of goal because we were sublime in our back 4.

It was worth getting a point, because truth be told Arsenal needed the win more than we did. I'm one of those that carries forth the opinion 4th is now gone.

and look on the bright side, if we don't get fourth the Europa league would be a bell of a competition for the reserves to get match experience in, that's what id do anyway

I think that he tried, at least. and the he suffered from the poor display of the other attackers. But yes, he was disappointing as well.

A £50m forward should be able to adapt.

Its pathetic that we he should need £100m worth of 'service' :doh:

Front 3 cost us the win, they were all awful, apart from them the rest were excellent, couldn't fault the display. When i looked at the line ups, i woulda taken the draw but the way the game panned out, we really could've won it. If we played the first 11, i'm pretty confident we woulda won but at least that game's out the way and another point gained. Must also say that Arsenal were very poor considering the line ups.

We need QPR to win today so badly now.

All in all i am happy with the performance and the result. Give Robbie the fucking job Roman!

Anyone else think Romeu had a good game? for a player who hasn't played in ages i thought he did very well.

He lost the ball a couple times, but he also made some good interceptions and quick passes like he usually does :yes:

and look on the bright side, if we don't get fourth the Europa league would be a bell of a competition for the reserves to get match experience in, that's what id do anyway

Exactly. I see a wonderful, consistent, defensive display*. With this squad too, I'd take a draw, considering the hiding we got at the Bridge.

*Aside from Bosingwa that is.

I know this has been said a million and one times but seriously, Bosingwa, Malouda and Kalou have to go. There might be some ppl taking the piss and joking saying they are hard working whatever but this game showed how shocking they all are and that they all need to piss off. A good left winger in that first half woulda made Arsenal pay but what we had was crap bluntness in that final 3rd. Glad the season's almost done.

Proud of the boys today. Clearly we rested some players ahead of the Nou Camp clash, and yet we still got a point. Truth be told we needed all 3, but at least Arsenal may not qualify now. :D Overall I saw a splendid defensive effort (where were those under coach DVD, I mean AVB?), which is exactly what we need to replicate in the next match, which will be the biggest match of the last 3 years for our lads.

That said, Torres, Malouda, and Sturridge all showed today why they do not deserve to start against Barcelona.

With the draw and the performance as a whole, I am very happy considering we rested about 8 out of our 10 starting outfield players ahead of the Barcelona clash. In fact, I'm almost giddy to think that our boys will all be fresh while most of their starters will go through a draining battle in 2 hours' time.

Torres continues to play crap yet still gets more support from the crowd than Didier. A lot of the time it is like he is blameless for everything. He was shocking today and his work rate very poor. Sturridge was also awful and should spend the next 2 weeks alone passing a ball against a brick wall until he can actually kick a football to somebody else's feet

to be fair to Malouda he does get a lot of unfair criticism. I thought he looked good going forward today and on most occasions his hard work was ruined by Kalou doing something stupid. He does always try and you have to remember that without him we certainly would not have won the double. He was very positive today and was interacting with the fans at corners which shows that he does care.

Torres continues to play crap yet still gets more support from the crowd than Didier. A lot of the time it is like he is blameless for everything. He was shocking today and his work rate very poor. Sturridge was also awful and should spend the next 2 weeks alone passing a ball against a brick wall until he can actually kick a football to somebody else's feet

to be fair to Malouda he does get a lot of unfair criticism. I thought he looked good going forward today and on most occasions his hard work was ruined by Kalou doing something stupid. He does always try and you have to remember that without him we certainly would not have won the double. He was very positive today and was interacting with the fans at corners which shows that he does care.

Agree except what I highlighted. His work rate was good. Done lot of back tracking and runs but he just didn't get the ball, though yes, he should've done much better in the game considering his name, wage and status.