• Essien
    • Malouda
    • Kalou
    • Sturridge
    • Torres
    • (SUB) Mikel
    • (SUB) Mata
    • (SUB) Cole

I found Malouda to be actually alright. Nothing spectacular, but some good passes and movement.

Only positive was Bertrand's performance.

Really? Did you forget that we fielded a reserve team basically and that we played against Barcelona in mid week and Spurs before that? You can't expect us to win every game, especially with such a tight schedule. Lads did well, worked hard and kept a clean sheet.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the circumstances, I think we did pretty well. Exceptional defensive performance (Bosingwa included, despite one mistake) and the goalkeeper was solid too. No complaints with the contributions of Mikel, Malouda, Essien or Oriol, yet the front three were all very, very poor.

Cech - 6 - can't fault him for his performance. Criminally untested by the Arsenal players though, but a couple of fine saves.

Bosingwa - 6 - solid performance bar that one mistimed clearance. He showed great positional awareness and discipline and I certainly won't criticise him for that showing.

Terry - 7 - superb showing from the skipper, did nothing wrong at all. Perhaps should have done better with that headed chance though.

Cahill - 7 - as per JT, Cahill has demonstrated in the last two games he is indeed Chelsea quality. Brilliant once again.

Bertrand - 7.5 - my choice for man of the match. Although he was once again a little conservative in his forward movement, he was very good defensively. Our LB role is sorted.

Malouda - 7 - actually very impressed with him today. He was our brightest attacker and his work rate was phenomenal. He was given a disciplined role and he did well.

Oriol - 6 - very much a standard game from the young Spaniard; no frills, although he looked shaky at first. Grew into the game.

Essien - 6.5 - no Lampard or Meireles meant a lack of drive in the midfield, but Essien did well to occasionally supply it. A fair performance defensively as well, solid game.

Sturridge - 4 - woeful today, that ridiculous volley from the half-way line epitomised the fact he is far too inconsistent and that RDM is absolutely right to have him on the bench.

Kalou - 5.5 - criticise him all you like, but he battled away and whilst he often made the wrong decisions in terms of passes in the final third, he at least worked to get himself into those situations.

Torres - 5 - hard to criticise a man who works hard for the team and has little service, but he seemed generally disinterested today. No wonder why Didier is preferred at present.

SUBS

Mikel - 6 - solid when he came on

Mata - 6.5 - in his brief cameo he created more in 15 minutes than the rest of the team combined had contributed in 75. So, so important to this team.

Cole - 6 - made no mistakes when he was on the pitch.

Overall happy with the performance and the point. We will take six points from QPR and Blackburn, and I think if we can at least draw away at Anfield, should we beat Newcastle then 4th is not too distant a target. However FA Cup and UCL should now be our priorities.

that's it then. RDM had the balls to place all his eggs on the Champions League

if it pays off, he'll get the job but if it doesn't he'll be criticised. unfortunate situation but that's how it is

one of the worst premier league games this season and not just chelseawise. if drogba is actually injured and nando's gonna play then goodbye munich. i would prefer playin a six man midfield instead of torres. another thing- sturridge sucks.

Did we read the wrong match notes ? we need a 0-0 on Tuesday. To me this is a much more important game than Tues , i know people have hope of us winning the CL. But our best chance of playing in the CL next year is getting 4th.

The only winners today are spuds and Newcastle. now were hoping for them to slip up again.....

But our best chance of winning CL is this year not next year

I thought Malouda, Romeu and Essien were ok today and Bertrand was MOTM by far but Terry and Cahill were also class too. Still fucking pissed off at Sturridge. What a greedy cunt he is.... and when he actually passed it went to an Arsenal player most times.... fucking useless if you ask me. I see why Robbie barely plays him

Very forgetable game today but a good point for a much changed team. Sturridge has clearly learnt nothing whilst watching from the sidlines but torres was pretty useless too so not fair to single him out. Mike dean must be on commission for yellow cards shown. Bring on barca

I nearly fell asleep watching that load of rubbish. The thing that pissed me off was both teams played not to lose the game and that was terrible. Arsenal should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, Terry and Cahill were there for the taking they were knackered after facing Messi and co. The stadium was a inner city library and i can't blame Torres for anything in this game even though I'm his biggest critic, the players behind him were rubbish. Bosingwa and Kalou have done really well for themselves because in all honesty they are Wolves standard players. Malouda is finished and Sturridge is really pissing me off. Oh and finally Mikel has recaptured his form and he has been brilliant recently and Bertrand is our new first choice left back next season !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed with everyone. I was looking forward to seeing Sturridge get a chance and prove himself to RDM. It was an utter Fail from Sturridge. He trys to hard. Shoots when he needs to pass, passes when he needs to shoot, runs when he needs to hold up the ball, overdribbles, shoots from ridiculous distances and angles, when he elects to pass (once in a blue moon) it's a nothing, lazy pass....He is STILL overall a selifsh player. He belongs on the bench untill he can prove otherwise. After this performance I hope everyone sees that he should NOT Start against Barcelona.

Don't know why there is a lot of pessimism?

Compared to the mess we was in 4 - 5 months ago I pretty much lost hope!

We are playing the arseholes at home with basically our second string.

We are in the fa cup final, and 1 nill up against Barca in the Champions league semis.

Sit back tonight watch el Classico hope for some dirty tactics and messi get injured. Lol.

After seeing the line up wasnt confident at all but we managed to get a point at least which is more then expected espically at the end! Crap game and really no finishing but still...werent a reapeat of last time hurrah!!!

Just seems even 5th place looking less likely at the mo but just needs to focus on our results...and we played Weds..Arsenal didnt.

Thank god for the crossbar though!