• Essien
    • Malouda
    • Kalou
    • Sturridge
    • Torres
    • (SUB) Mikel
    • (SUB) Mata
    • (SUB) Cole

After Spurs lost to QPR it looks like or point away at the Emirates is a decent one and keeps us right in contention for a top four place. The performance was solid, though unspectacular. We looked good defensively, Cahill and Terry look an impressive partnership and Bertrand was excellent at left back, he looks like a ready made replacement for Cole (though he could be waiting a long time, judging by Cole's display against Barcelona)

But there were also negatives. The main one is Daniel Sturridge, I understand that he is a fairly young player and he is playing in a position that isn't the one he favours but that does not excuse his mind boggling decision making, the amount of time he takes on the ball is ridiculous, several times there was an easy pass on which could have resulted in a good scoring opportunity but Sturridge hesitates for so long. I had high hopes for him but he is going down the Kalou route of no return.

Speaking of Kalou, hard working? Yes. Energetic? Yes. A bit lucky? Yes. But he too had chances to make more happen in front of goal and failed.

Torres worked hard, buzzed around the Arsenal midfield when they were on the ball but never looked like getting anything out of Vermaelen or Koscielny, after Drogba's two powerhouse performances against Spurs and Barcelona, Torres was never going to be able to compare and this was the type of game in which we could desperately have done with the big Ivorian.Hopefully the great man will be back for the second leg in the Camp Nou, he will be needed.

Anyway I'll end on a positive. Im glad Romeu got a game, he did well. Essien did quite well in midfield too. That we can go away to a tough place like the Emirates and start without so many of our regular starting 11 and still get a draw is a positive sign in my books. It looked like a fairly decent point that has been turned into a good one by Spurs losing to QPR.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a point behind spurs and 4 behind newcastle with 4 games to go. spurs are screwing themselves over and all we have to do is win our 4 games somehow especially the one against newcastle. we had a golden oppurtunity against tottenham and today verses arsenal and we well kinda screwed up both. now we gotta win the newcastle game and get the champions league spot

OR JUST WIN THE CL AND END ALL THE DRAMA.

COME ON CHELSEA.

YOU can NOT be serious???

I very much am

extremely lackluster performance. we couldnt string together an attack to save our lives. this was a must win game beforehand and didnt see any urgency going forward what so ever.

if Arse would've won today it wouldn't have been an unfair result at all. as Arsene Wenger said we were basically sitting back in the 2nd half playing with 3 defensive midfielders, did we create any proper chanes in the 2nd half?

once again we're saved by Spurs not getting any points either but sometime you just have to stop relying on other teams being shite.

and I do NOT consider a draw at the Emirates as a bad result but I was much disappointed in the effort, approach and attitude to this game

regarding Torres, I also believe that a £50m should be able to show some more individual "flashes of brilliance" and be able to create some goalscoring opportunities for himself but he played 90+ mins today and wasnt supplied with a SINGLE quality pass or cross to set him up

shocking

as Arsene Wenger said we were basically sitting back in the 2nd half playing with 3 defensive midfielders,

1. Who listens to what Wenger says? he's a cunt.

2. 3 defensive midfielders? who was the 3rd? surely not Malouda?!

I very much am

extremely lackluster performance. we couldnt string together an attack to save our lives. this was a must win game beforehand and didnt see any urgency going forward what so ever.

if Arse would've won today it wouldn't have been an unfair result at all. as Arsene Wenger said we were basically sitting back in the 2nd half playing with 3 defensive midfielders, did we create any proper chanes in the 2nd half?

once again we're saved by Spurs not getting any points either but sometime you just have to stop relying on other teams being shite.

and I do NOT consider a draw at the Emirates as a bad result but I was much disappointed in the effort, approach and attitude to this game

suggest you look at the fixtures AND results for this month...they are way above anything we were entitled to expect

I don't understand how Torres has only got 4 PremierLeague goals in 41 games. I know his finishing has been poor and the players around him like today are absolute shit but for fucks sake 4 goals in 41 games :blink: ???? I can't blame him for today because the players around him piss me off even more. Come on Fernando !

Agree and disagree... He gets no service, yes... But his work rate on the ball is like he is scared to fuck up...

I would rather see him dribbling into the box into defenders and taking wild shots than his scarcity tactic...

He just doesnt have the hunger, it's not confidence anymore...

He needs to have the confidence that if he fucks up than his teammates have his back and encourage him but clearly Danny hates him...

Idk, I could rant all day about this but the point is, his name is Fernando Torres and we all know what he is capable of, but it doesn't look like he knows that anymore...

Agree and disagree... He gets no service, yes... But his work rate on the ball is like he is scared to fuck up...

I would rather see him dribbling into the box into defenders and taking wild shots than his scarcity tactic...

He just doesnt have the hunger, it's not confidence anymore...

He needs to have the confidence that if he fucks up than his teammates have his back and encourage him but clearly Danny hates him...

Idk, I could rant all day about this but the point is, his name is Fernando Torres and we all know what he is capable of, but it doesn't look like he knows that anymore...

Yeah Sadly he seems finished. Torres + 25 Million for Falcao would be ideal. Although unfortunately I can't see it happening, especially since Torres has been included in the photos for Chelsea's new kit.

If you have Kalou, Malouda and a hugely out of form Sturridge, along with Mikel and Essien, how the hell is he even going to get a chance to score. He goes out of position and looks for the ball because nobody is good enough to give him the service he needs. I hope he leaves us for his sake because he's not the Striker we look for, we have the target man who's commanding like Drogs, the lone man, Lukaku will hopefully turn into the next Dids, we're ruining Torres' career. If we had 2 awesome wingers like Hazard and Sanchez with Mata in the middle, he would struggle to score less than 20 goals a season. I feel sorry for him because there's absolutely fuck all he can do.

I think he'll stay and next season with hopefully 2 world class signings around him he'll finally do himself justice and repay the faith given to him from us. We need to world class players or we'll keep dropping behind. They both need to be wingers.

If you have Kalou, Malouda and a hugely out of form Sturridge, along with Mikel and Essien, how the hell is he even going to get a chance to score. He goes out of position and looks for the ball because nobody is good enough to give him the service he needs. I hope he leaves us for his sake because he's not the Striker we look for, we have the target man who's commanding like Drogs, the lone man, Lukaku will hopefully turn into the next Dids, we're ruining Torres' career. If we had 2 awesome wingers like Hazard and Sanchez with Mata in the middle, he would struggle to score less than 20 goals a season. I feel sorry for him because there's absolutely fuck all he can do.

I think he'll stay and next season with hopefully 2 world class signings around him he'll finally do himself justice and repay the faith given to him from us.

Exactly, he doesn't fit into Chelsea's tactics. Hope he leaves cause I don't see him leading the line for Chelsea and his skill set will only get worse season by season.