Arsenal vs Chelsea

Kieran.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm much more optimistic of this game than I was 2 months or even 1 month ago. The question is how much have the guys left in them and how much are they going to save for Barcelona. 2 huge games are successfully behind us after tremendous efforts. On the other hand, they have saved enough steam earlier in the season, when they resembled nothing more but pedestrians. Now it's time to off-load that energy in the remaining games for a hell of a spurt. Some mild rotation will be necessary I feel, Sturridge and Torres should play a big chunk.. it would be ideal if Lamps and Mata got rested too, but it's unlikely that both of them will.

Ah yes, I've forgotten. That is a problem, because one of either Cahill or Terry could do with a rest.

Sam Hutchinson to the rescue :)

Why not? Liverpool did it. Jack Robinson and John Flanagan started against Arsenal and played fantastically well. And its not like Hutchinson is very young or anything

Why not? Liverpool did it. Jack Robinson and John Flanagan started against Arsenal and played fantastically well. And its not like Hutchinson is very young or anything

You couldn't throw Hutch into the deep end like that, We're not Liverpool at the end of the day, and Van Persie would, more then likely, tear him to shreds to be fair to the lad.

You couldn't throw Hutch into the deep end like that, We're not Liverpool at the end of the day, and Van Persie would, more then likely, tear him to shreds to be fair to the lad.

fair enough but hutchinson would be a better option at RB than Bosingwa imo :D

& in what position are l'puke in the table??? No I don't want RDM emulating anything from queen kenny. Let l'puke finish in 10th. I will gladly take 4th.

& in what position are l'puke in the table??? No I don't want RDM emulating anything from queen kenny. Let l'puke finish in 10th. I will gladly take 4th.

tht was last season. wen king kenny was ridin high. also it was that 1-1 drw with 2 stoppag time pens. hutch could be bettr than bosingwa but yeah, its a risky move fr tomoro

Are players really so tired? sure they will be fairly tired but I mean seriously everyone's played 65 games a season for about 8 years, we shoulda got battered by barca, yet we stood firm against them and won. Look at the way Barca played against us, one of the best displays i've ever seen from any team attacking wise albeit got no luck, they've played more games than us and play pretty much the same team each week and they looked as fresh as the 1st game of the season. We have got fresher players but in a game against Arsenal away, we have to play the best team, i would hate to lose to them again. Losing to them sickens me more than anything on this planet.

Yes, they lost at home to Wigan, we shoulda dropped points at home to Wigan, Liverpool lost at home to Wigan, Man Utd lost against Wigan. Arsenal will be fresher, more desperate to win after losing at home on Monday, they wont want to lose 2 home games in a row and a win against us tommorrow will clinch em a UCL spot and most likely the top 3. If we lose tho and Yids win, it's good night to us, we need to avoid defeat.

I've had a bad feeling about the last 2 games and we've won both amazingly in the way we did it but i really can't see us doing anything tomorrow if we rest players. We'd have no chance. Come on guys, 2 more games with the full team, 2 more HUGE games then we can rest a couple against QPR. I'm not saying we're nailed on to beat QPR but we can beat them with a weakened team. Arsenal, we wont.

Are players really so tired? sure they will be fairly tired but I mean seriously everyone's played 65 games a season for about 8 years, we shoulda got battered by barca, yet we stood firm against them and won. Look at the way Barca played against us, one of the best displays i've ever seen from any team attacking wise albeit got no luck, they've played more games than us and play pretty much the same team each week and they looked as fresh as the 1st game of the season. We have got fresher players but in a game against Arsenal away, we have to play the best team, i would hate to lose to them again. Losing to them sickens me more than anything on this planet.

Yes, they lost at home to Wigan, we shoulda dropped points at home to Wigan, Liverpool lost at home to Wigan, Man Utd lost against Wigan. Arsenal will be fresher, more desperate to win after losing at home on Monday, they wont want to lose 2 home games in a row and a win against us tommorrow will clinch em a UCL spot and most likely the top 3. If we lose tho and Yids win, it's good night to us, we need to avoid defeat.

I've had a bad feeling about the last 2 games and we've won both amazingly in the way we did it but i really can't see us doing anything tomorrow if we rest players. We'd have no chance. Come on guys, 2 more games with the full team, 2 more HUGE games then we can rest a couple against QPR. I'm not saying we're nailed on to beat QPR but we can beat them with a weakened team. Arsenal, we wont.

I'm with you on that mate. I've said before that at this stage each game is like a cup final and the boys will want to play every minute. Can't lose to le arse again.