• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-------------Torres---------------

Kalou-------Mata-----Sturridge

--------Essien--Romeu----------

Bertrand-Terry-Cahill-Ferreira

--------------Cech-----------------

I know this isn't what we're going to see but a good starting lineup nonetheless and the most important players would be rested for Barcelona 2nd leg. At least Cole, Bosingwa and one of Lampard/Mikel/Meireles will come in for Bertrand, Ferreira and Romeu but one can always hope.

Romeu should start this match. I really don't know why he is isn't playing. At the press conference RDM was hinting that their won't be too many changes. Mata could be rested, we could bring him on as a sub if needed. Drogba needs to be rested for sure. Same with Lampard. Essien is not the player he used go be but I think he can still do a decent job against Le Arse. Rest Ramires, Meireles (or Mata), Drogba, Lampard, and Mikel

I also agree with a previous Post. If Sturridge doesn't start this game it's grim signs. Under RDM he has become a squad player and if it continues like that I think he'll be on his way soon.

Drogba really has to play, he scares the shit out of Arsenal but i just fear that Torres will play and have another mare like he did in the home game. Arsenal play the same way as Barcelona so it will be a very good time to play them, it'll be like a practice session for Tuesday and i really hope we can beat them. Cole also must play.

Cech

Bosingwa - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Essien - Mikel - Meireles

Malouda - Torres - Sturridge

It will probably be the team and it will probably get beat but it's a squad game and they have to chip in.

______________Torres________

Ramires________Mata_________Sturridge

_______Lampard______Essien_____

Cole_____Terry______Cahill____Bosingwa

______________Cech___________

barcelona has an important game. chelsea needs to play with the best team. the game is too important. if we should lose, then we have to win the champions league. otherwise we are not qualified for next season.

Cech

Bosingwa - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Essien - Mikel - Lampard

Sturridge --------------- Kalou

Torres

Sturridge is a must, he's the most freshest man we can play, if Kalou plays he can tracks back for Cole and Essien will provide good cover for Bosingwa. We have a lot of momentum and Arsenal will have seen how disciplined we were against Barcelona.

Also, they'll be without Benayoun, Arteta & Wilshere. Their midfield will look weak.. They'll try to get Diaby fit, Ramsey will play and they'll probably have Gervinho on the wing. The game will be won in the centre of the pitch, so we have to dominate there.

I think some people may be overthinking this. The priority is the CL. Think about it, we have a very ligitimate shot at getting through against the best club in the world and playing in the finals of the CL. The discussions about the importance of the Arsenal game are all revolving getting into the CL next year, and of course that's a goal too. But let's not always be planning for the next year. This year we have a real opportunity in the CL, and we have to keep that at the top of the priority list. Plus, as another poster said, even if we do lose to Arsenal that doesn't mean CL hopes are dashed, not by a longshot. When you get the chance in the CL, you take advantage of it. The time is ours to do exactly that.

We have more chance coming 4th than we have winning the ucl. Tottenham are looking like losing every week, we need to get this 4th spot because we'll be very lucky to get away with a good result at the camp nou. Just because we won, doesn't mean we're nearly through. We need to at least get a point at the Emirares.

Le Arse just lost to Wigan. We have points to work with now. If we beat them and win our next one, we are one point back!

We need some rotation to happen, but still field our strongest available lineup for this one, IMHO.

Torres for Drogs perhaps?