The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Benjamin Pavard suffers injury in Bayern Munich training! (Updated)

Depending on the severity of his injury, Pavard could be out for the Champions League. Update: Sky Sport reports he will be out three weeks.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2020/7/26/21338998/bayern-munich-benjamin-pavard-injury-champions-league-joshua-kimmich-alvaro-odriozola-hansi-flick

massive injury

Kimmich may have to go back to RB, which fucks up their MF

or they will have to use the not trusted Álvaro Odriozola

7aea2813d2b52e1f42e5e71c17fb770c.png

On 24/07/2020 at 8:24 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah hasnt been great. I think from the off Sarri was in a difficult job because the age of that Juventus squad is very high and he is very intense about playing one way which demands a lot of pressing and emphasis on only playing the one style. 

Think any manager trying to radically overhaul a playing style like that with say 3/4s of their best footballers 30 and over was always going to be a difficult task. Sarri is more of a 433 manager and you can see he has tinkered with resorting to a 4312 to accommodate Dybala as well, despite only really using it earlier in his career at Empoli, he has always been more preferable of 433.

Plus on recruitment: Aaron Ramsey was a really odd addition, dont get me wrong good player, can get goals but don’t see what he would of brought to Allegri’s Juventus side when they announced it in January never mind Sarri’s. I dont think he is at that level or even if he was, he needs to be built around more and afforded a bit of freedom to thrive, he is never going to get that at Juve with CR7 and to a lesser extent Dybala. I can understand the signings of Rabiot and de Ligt, Rabiot is a good player, left footed, play on the left side in that 3, was very consistent for PSG over the years, capable of keeping the ball, winning the ball and breaking the lines and then hes in his peak years where as Matiudi, Khedira, Pjanic are all 30 or over. But even now hes being mentioned as a potential sale. De Ligt was a great addition for an aging backline obviously and Demiral is another promising player who can grow into a really good CB. The sale of Cancelo and signing of Danilo as well, odd. I dont think they’ve helped themselves in the transfers either as they are normally very shrewd. Arthur is a clever signing, proper talented player and will be a huge asset for them. 

Personally think Allegri did similar to what Zizou did at Real, just let the players have a bit more free reign and play a bit more freely as they pleased as opposed to following a hugely stricter approach with huge emphasis on playing the ball out every time, pressing without it, to that way which managers like Sarri, Pep, Bielsa etc like to use.

Honestly with the recent links, I do think Pochettino would be the man best suited for rebuilding Juventus’ squad. He did a very good job at Spurs in that regard IMO as well as giving them a clear identity despite a lack of trophies. Juventus is all about winning though but they took Sarri who isnt a huge winner in regards to trophy’s, just the one here, so I think Poch would be their first choice if they do get rid of him. Weird sacking a manager after winning a league and buying him a 70m player to be the figurehead of a vital part of his team though. Do think he will maybe have the luxury of another season though I dont think it would look good on Juve if they did sack him after winning a league despite some ups and downs but they might not be able to wait to sign Poch.

real quality analysis

46 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

How could they ruin Inter's kit? I love their kit. If I wasn't a Chelsea fan, I would buy one of their old kits...

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Nike is either great or shit

no clue why they made those zig-zag stripes