The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

33 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

They may be the best in the world, but they only play Bundesliga. But I would say that Pool and PSG could beat them.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

a fully fit PSG would be the main team that could trouble them

I think they would smash the dippers, they have the fullbacks to match-up and their pace at the wings is immense, they would take advantage in midfield too

this is all based  to a wee bit on them finally getting fully healthy

they are insanely deep when fully fit 

so is PSG

the dippers are so not deep

they will run out of luck eventually with injuries

their bench is dogshit compared to other top 10 teams on the planet

they have zero backup fullbacks unless you slide one of their starting CB's (Gomez) over to Rb (they have zero Lb backup period), and then they only have 2 decent CB's left, as Lovren is shit

Milner would have to be played out of postion and he is 34 and nearly spent

CMF is their deepest postion with Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Lallana is shit at AMF, and no backup (unless you slide Ox in, but then you are down to only Keita and the ageing out Milner again

they have zero backup DMF's (Henderson would have to slide there, which fucks up their entire MF)

all they have for backups at the entire front three are

the meh Divock Origi

the thoughtfully unimpressive Takumi Minamino    

and the worse Xherdan Shaqiri  

that is literally their entire bench (plus the meh backup keeper Adrián)

the club is insane if they do not strengthen

and they are ageing, they have 3 seasons left for their front three at peak (max)

if VVD and say one of Salah or Mane go down now

toss in one of the fullbacks getting a knock as well or simply run into the ground (Robertson most likely)

and they are

FUCKED

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

ffs

I just looked at Bayern

last 25 games

24 wins, one nil-nil draw (RB Leipzig)

16 wins on the bounce since the draw

78 goals for 16 against

last loss was 7 months ago

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

best team on the planet by a mile atm

and they are doing that with a makeshift CB group due to crazy injuries

I also fancy them to win it but tbh they did not play any top10 European club this season.

I wish we have Super League instead of CL.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

a fully fit PSG would be the main team that could trouble them

I think they would smash the dippers, they have the fullbacks to match-up and their pace at the wings is immense, they would take advantage in midfield too

this is all based  to a wee bit on them finally getting fully healthy

they are insanely deep when fully fit 

so is PSG

the dippers are so not deep

they will run out of luck eventually with injuries

their bench is dogshit compared to other top 10 teams on the planet

they have zero backup fullbacks unless you slide one of their starting CB's (Gomez) over to Rb (they have zero Lb backup period), and then they only have 2 decent CB's left, as Lovren is shit

Milner would have to be played out of postion and he is 34 and nearly spent

CMF is their deepest postion with Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Lallana is shit at AMF, and no backup (unless you slide Ox in, but then you are down to only Keita and the ageing out Milner again

they have zero backup DMF's (Henderson would have to slide there, which fucks up their entire MF)

all they have for backups at the entire front three are

the meh Divock Origi

the thoughtfully unimpressive Takumi Minamino    

and the worse Xherdan Shaqiri  

that is literally their entire bench (plus the meh backup keeper Adrián)

the club is insane if they do not strengthen

and they are ageing, they have 3 seasons left for their front three at peak (max)

if VVD and say one of Salah or Mane go down now

toss in one of the fullbacks getting a knock as well or simply run into the ground (Robertson most likely)

and they are

FUCKED

And they still beat Barca 4:0 with Origi and Shaqiri.

just saw this, smdh

Fallen German giants Hamburg suffer promotion choke

Former European and German champions Hamburg SV have missed out on promotion after a spectacular implosion on the final day of Bundesliga 2 season.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/fallen-german-giants-hamburg-suffer-promotion-choke

One of the biggest clubs in Germany, Hamburg were relegated from the top flight for the first time in 2018 and will spend a third successive season in the second tier after suffering a 5-1 home defeat to Sandhausen on Monday (AEST).

Hamburg went into the game only needing a point to qualify for the promotion play-off spot which was taken by Haddenheim, who finished in third spot despite suffering a 3-0 defeat to Arminia Belefeld.

The ex-German champions were the last team to have played every season of the Bundesliga since the league was founded in 1963, until "der Dino" as it's affectionately known were finally relegated after a number of close calls.

Haddenheim will now play Hamburg's bitter rivals Werder Bremen in a two-leg promotion/relegation play-off.

Robin Gosens again with a great goal vs Koulibaly and Napoli. He would fit us like a glove
I have watched him play against Lazio and he was very bad defensively, but he was class going forward. 90% of chances that Lazio had came through his side and that makes me think he may not be the right one.

So I am not so sure what to think about him. Obviously a big improvement because our LBs suck both defense and offense, but I would prefer an allround LB.

Just now, killer1257 said:

I have watched him play against Lazio and he was very bad defensively, but he was class going forward. 90% of chances that Lazio had came through his side and that makes me think he may not be the right one.

So I am not so sure what to think about him. Obviously a big improvement because our LBs suck both defense and offense, but I would prefer an allround LB.

He had a bad day vs Lazio defensively but overall he is a grinder also at the back. He is obviously more of a wingback. I think you could say he is basically a fast, more physical Alonso with better crossing. The problem is there are very few lbs who are good on both ends. The only ones who are remotely close to that are Hernandez and Sandro

He had a bad day vs Lazio defensively but overall he is a grinder also at the back. He is obviously more of a wingback. I think you could say he is basically a fast, more physical Alonso with better crossing. The problem is there are very few lbs who are good on both ends. The only ones who are remotely close to that are Hernandez and Sandro

What about his football IQ? I would take a fast, more physical Alonso version of Alonso that can cross and has some football IQ. Alonso and football IQ does not fit together

QUOTE OF THE DAY

“I want to finish the last year of fifth grade, considering how my parents have been breaking my b@lls for 30 years” – Gigi Buffon says he will be going back to high school when he retires. Now if ever there was a documentary series that would be worth watching …

Thumbs up if you like algebra …

3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

What about his football IQ? I would take a fast, more physical Alonso version of Alonso that can cross and has some football IQ. Alonso and football IQ does not fit together

I would say not special but smarter than Alonso. He is more of a combative type who commits to. challenges early and is forceful and tenacious in that. More English than Italian in his style you could say but usually does not commit stupid fouls like Alonso. Overall he is a pretty smart lad so I am sure he can learn.