The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

They want to be competitive in Europe again. How did that work our for Pep?  

Bayern are spending big now, so it seems like the the best possible match with all things considered.

Couldn't see Nagelsmann jumping ship already & their ideal choice isn't leaving Liverpool.

True. And Mou could indeed build a monster there if given the funds. Just an odd match considering they've always appointed classy, progressive, attack minded managers. Going for the opposite of that is weird but I suppose they'd take the gamble to get back to the top.

Just now, RoyalBlues said:

As if Arsenal board and fans is better than us or MU, lol. Sorry, but no way he is going there. 

I could see him wanting to go there (still lives in London, they have a decent group that could be made into a contender with the right coach and a couple of CB's) but I can't see Arse's ownership or fans going for him. Just the opposite of their club ethos.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I could see him wanting to go there (still lives in London, they have a decent group that could be made into a contender with the right coach and a couple of CB's) but I can't see Arse's ownership or fans going for him. Just the opposite of their club ethos.

He was linked with Spurs a few weeks ago as well. Think just rumour rumour. He's going everywhere 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think he will only want to manage a club that can provide certain budget of his standard. His history proved it. So that reason alone, make Arsenal out from the race imo. 

Mourinho wont get the Bayern job. Their president Uli Hoeness doesnt like him one bit and has criticised him numerous times. Max Allegri would be the most logical and smart appointment. Or they could make an approach for Pochettino or Nagglesmann but think that wouldnt be easy for them midseason.

26 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Immobile is on fire, what a header.

14 goals, 13 in the league

having a monster year so far

never understood why we did not go for him years ago

he has suffered on some shit Lazio sides

he turns 30 in February, so no way he comes now

14 goals, 13 in the league

having a monster year so far

never understood why we did not go for him years ago

he has suffered on some shit Lazio sides

he turns 30 in February, so no way he comes now

He hasn't exactly delivered outside of Italy. Some players just thrive in certain situation.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He hasn't exactly delivered outside of Italy. Some players just thrive in certain situation.

this is true, football is so hard to compare leagues at times

thats what makes transfer business so risky

I try to look at physicality and game IQ (in fast paced games, which do take place often even in a slower league like Serie A), as they are attributes that can and should hold up no matter where you play

they one time (and he was not a must buy for me, but I was very happy we did get him at first) I ignored the game IQ, was Bakayoko and we all know how that worked out

the player I DID want (besides the obvious choice of superhuman Mbappe) off that Monaco super team was Bernardo Silva, I almost cried when Pep got him

my dog, would he be a RW beast under Lamps :(

I wish the EPL would swap refs with Serie A

the are far better with calls and far better looking, lolol

all of these are different refs in Serie A

Image result for GIANLUCA MANGANIELLO

and

Image result for GIANPAOLO CALVARESE

'and

Image result for DANIELE DOVERI

and

Image result for MAURIZIO MARIANI

and