The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

14 hours ago, LAM09 said:

That match was dreadful. Still remember Luiz & possibly Oscar crying at FT.

It certainly meant a lot more to some of the squad.

the other horrid big (these were European) finals and semis were

2008 Moscow on pens (obviously) :(

and the 3 super cup losses

this year to the dippers (pens)

the 2012 crushing by  Atletico Madrid, the Falcao hat trick

and the 2013 loss to Bayern (fucking pens)

plus the 2005 CL semifinal nil 1 loss to the bindippers (we would have won the CL that year, we were the best team in the world, still guts me)

and the 2007 CL semifinal loss, again to the fucking scousers, on pens again!!

2009 CL semifinal loss to Barca     Iniesta !!!!!!!!!!! 93rd minute!!!!!  FUCKK Tom Henning Øvrebø!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2004 CL semifinal loss to Monaco (not so bad as Monaco got smashed by Mou's Porto in the final, and the rest was history)

2014 CL semifinal smashing by Atleti again and was at the Bridge, so humiliating (at least not pens!)

we have BAD luck!!!:rant:

used it all up in 2012 CL run

11 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Slavia very nearly made it 2-2 against Barcelona. Shame but a very nice display in Prague.

Slavia played Cluj (btw greatest city in Romania by a mile where I hope I can relocate soon) in the CL Q play off and although Cluj is a well run club with a great manager, former Chels Dan Petrescu, we knew they were not going to play CL football if Slavia was to maintaint their Europa League campaing form. And they did. Cluj missed some huge chances in Prague and a penalty in Cluj and overall it was a pretty balanced tie and frankly pundits and football people in Romania were a bit dissapointed, they thought Slavia was there for the taking. But their matches so far v Inter, Dortmund and Barcelona prove they are very organised and play with a lot of guts, press very, very high something unusual for small team from this part of Europe. We are used to Czech team, Polish, Romanian, Serbian etc. to park the bus, but Slavia are really having a go every time. 

3 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Asano for Partizan is very promising. Wouldn't be surprised if he would be bought by a team like Ajax or Dortmund.

He didn't do shit in Arsenal and Bundesliga. Can't even make a difference in our league. Trust me, after Chelsea Partizan is my favourite club. 

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He didn't do shit in Arsenal and Bundesliga. Can't even make a difference in our league. Trust me, after Chelsea Partizan is my favourite club. 

I'll take your word for it. In this game he looks promising at least. If he always plays like he does today he would do well in an Ajax or a Dortmund.

19 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

give me one player off Partizan

I would grab the 18yo CB

Strahinja Pavlovic