The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

37 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

If PSG have all their firepower fit come February, it's going to be hard to stop them.

they can hardly all play. And football is a teamsport. Against top opposition they will still be struggling defensively. They might have a great attack but are rather average in midfield and underwhelming in defense. Today was jsut Brugge one of the worst teams in the tournament.

19 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:
they can hardly all play. And football is a teamsport. Against top opposition they will still be struggling defensively. They might have a great attack but are rather average in midfield and underwhelming in defense. Today was jsut Brugge one of the worst teams in the tournament.

I presume Real Madrid have similar calibre players? [emoji849] 

Look at the midfield Liverpool reached TWO CONSECUTIVE CL with. PSG have been their own worst enemy in the last few years, so I don't see the "shortcomings" you do.

31 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think they learned from mistakes and now with Hererra and Gueye they finally have balance in midfield. 

14 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think they learned from mistakes and now with Hererra and Gueye they finally have balance in midfield. 

not exactly breathtaking palyers but admittedly the best dm options that were avaiblable in the market, still they prefer to have Marquinhos playing over both in DM.

they only have one decent defender in Meunier. Bernat flopped big time at Bayern and can't defend, Kipembe ist just a poor player, Thiago Silva is 35. City will beat them any day  they keep 2cbs on the field.

they only have one decent defender in Meunier. Bernat flopped big time at Bayern and can't defend, Kipembe ist just a poor player, Thiago Silva is 35. City will beat them any day  they keep 2cbs on the field.

I have to laugh when you slag off PSG's defence and wax lyrical about City, when they have a worst defence. On current options available, Mendy is the only defender that would get into PSG's back four.

This notion of City begin the some above the rest is hilarious. Quarterfinals will be waiting for them. [emoji1]

10 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Completely disagree, they have upgraded a lot in the back 4 and MF the past 2 years. If they are healthy I think this may be their year.

In no order, the strongest 5 CL teams (Laporte out FUCKS Shitty atm, but they will grab a CB like Skriniar or another in January)

PSG . I love their team when healthy.

Barca (on a roll now that Messi is back)

Juve (Sarri is such a tosser, he is now back to super flexible tactics again, cunt)

Shitty (IF they fix CB)

Bayern (along with PSG, my two dark horses, PSG even more)

Lesser shots

Bindipperpool's lack of depth is a big issue, if they had even half or two thirds (let alone all) of our injuries,  they would be ratfucked. No EPL title and smashed out of the CL. They are so thin on so many utterly key areas.

Atletico Madrid,  Simeone needs to sort their offence 

Real Madrid, still a hot mess

Even lesser shots

Us

Inter Milan

Borussia Dortmund

Napoli

Ajax

Spuds

Lyon

RB Leipzig 

Zero chance for all the rest

15 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Average midfield?? 

Verratti - Gueye

Marquinhos 

Are as good as anybody for big game. 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Completely disagree, they have upgraded a lot in the back 4 and MF the past 2 years. If they are healthy I think this may be their year.

In no order, the strongest 5 CL teams (Laporte out FUCKS Shitty atm, but they will grab a CB like Skriniar or another in January)

PSG . I love their team when healthy.

Barca (on a roll now that Messi is back)

Juve (Sarri is such a tosser, he is now back to super flexible tactics again, cunt)

Shitty (IF they fix CB)

Bayern (along with PSG, my two dark horses, PSG even more)

Lesser shots

Bindipperpool's lack of depth is a big issue, if they had even half or two thirds (let alone all) of our injuries,  they would be ratfucked. No EPL title and smashed out of the CL. They are so thin on so many utterly key areas.

Atletico Madrid,  Simeone needs to sort their offence 

Real Madrid, still a hot mess

Even lesser shots

Us

Inter Milan

Borussia Dortmund

Napoli

Ajax

Spuds

Lyon

RB Leipzig 

Zero chance for all the rest

I guess we have to disagree on something from time to time, would be boring otherwise^^

My issue with PSG is that Tuchel is a difficult character who handled the egos badly at Dortmund when it mattered most and I can see him and guys like Icardi having a real hard time when the results do not go their way. They have a brilliant squad, no doubt about that and probably made the best possible fixes but I when all the teams listed are of full health, at least pool, city, bayern, maybe atletico have a better defence and juve, city, bayern, arguably barca, maybe even us (RLC/Mount-Kante-Jorginho will be immesne) have a better midfield as well.

Just now, communicate said:

Average midfield?? 

Verratti - Gueye

Marquinhos 

Are as good as anybody for big game. 

Verratti and Gueye are very similar. Marquinhos is not really that good a DM for me.

Also their team lacks height. Not sure if that will be an issue, but teams might target that and tuchel also uses zonal-marking at set-pieces.

Anyway for all the individual quality we have seen last season how Teams like Spuds, Liverpool, Ajax overcame on paper superior oppositions by fighting, team spirit, never-say-die-attitude etc. In the CL, esp in the absence of an über-dominant team like Peps Barcelona you can really cause an upset with the listed qualities. It might not happen again, but the last few seasons we have seen way more upsets than in those before.

Last, PSG have their occasional fuck ups even in a weak French league and that is typcial for Tuchel teams. I would never label a team that is prone to this as CL favourites.

27 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Verratti and Gueye are very similar. Marquinhos is not really that good a DM for me.

Also their team lacks height. Not sure if that will be an issue, but teams might target that and tuchel also uses zonal-marking at set-pieces.

Anyway for all the individual quality we have seen last season how Teams like Spuds, Liverpool, Ajax overcame on paper superior oppositions by fighting, team spirit, never-say-die-attitude etc. In the CL, esp in the absence of an über-dominant team like Peps Barcelona you can really cause an upset with the listed qualities. It might not happen again, but the last few seasons we have seen way more upsets than in those before.

Last, PSG have their occasional fuck ups even in a weak French league and that is typcial for Tuchel teams. I would never label a team that is prone to this as CL favourites.

Btw give me a better midfield than

Veratti - Gueye 

Marquinhos 

For big game? 

I can see psg winning ucl. I put them below city and pool, but honestly it is difficult to predict ucl. Luck and injury play big factor. It is a knockout competition afterall. 

Spurs vs city was an upset but not a big one. Pool vs barca was not an upset. Pool was the better team. Before the game and in game. The only reason, I gave barca a chance was because barca their no 10. He is just a joke.