The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Of the 11 highest, 8 were Pep teams, one was Conte (top spot), one was Mancini (10th), and one was ZZ (tied for 5th). Mo also had the 13th highest.

CIES Football Observatory

n°264 - 27/05/2019

Highlights

More and more points needed to be champions

What is the percentage of points needed to win the title in the five major European leagues? Issue number 264 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post answers this question for the last twenty seasons. The analysis reveals a progressive increase in the percentage of points achieved by champions.

On average, big-5 league champions obtained 69.9% of points for the five-season period between 1999/2000 and 2003/2004. This percentage went up to 73.9% during the following lustrum, to 77.7% between 2010 and 2014, and again up to 80.5% for the last five seasons. This reflects an ongoing trend towards competitive imbalance.

The record figure overall was registered for Juventus in 2013/14: 89.5% of points. At the other extreme is Olympique Lyonnais in 2002/03: 59.6%. All 2018/19 big-5 league champions achieved at least three quarters of points: from 86.0% for Manchester City (second highest score in the English Premier League history) to 76.3% for Barcelona.

wp264360x240.jpg?crc=3864750960

Highest % of points achieved by big-5 league champions, since 2000

wp264a.svg?crc=431882014wp264b.svg?crc=454219293

16 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I won't be watching a second of that game in Madrid tomorrow night, not a chance.

You can run but you can't hide from it mate. Whoever wins, you're never going to hear the end of it. 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

You can run but you can't hide from it mate. Whoever wins, you're never going to hear the end of it. 

I'm on a no news channels or sport channels ban for 1 week, twitter either.

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Bored of it already and hasn't been played yet. Seems to be so one sided as well.. Here's klopp. Here's so and so.. Oh look this is what happened with Barcalona.. Blahhh blah blah blah blah blahhhhh

Spurs definitely aren't the media darlings. 

now imagine if Spurs win, it will be a media meltdown

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

now imagine if Spurs win, it will be a media meltdown

Not as much if Liverpool win. Considering Man City won the league and all mostly heard of is how they came 2nd blahhh.. Yeah they did well but they didn't win. 

Shame both can't lose.. And no world Cup this year either! 

Still mehhh least we won! 

My hate for Liverpool breaks every limit and MAYBE if I was living in London I'd have rooted for them, but since I am not and European media holds Liverpool in a bubble, I hope for a Spurs win to keep my sanity intact. Going to be a long month of June should Liverpool win it and I won't touch any sports channel nor newspapers, they will even make special TV studios and dedicated programmes I am about to vomit just thinking of it. Whereas should Spurs win it they will talk tomorrow for the whole day and Monday they will go back to rapes, murders and bimbos marrying 80 year olds sugar daddies.