The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

They did play well but the scoreline was 3-0, but unfortunately the ball must hit the net.

I hope Barca score first at Anfield just to drain the fucking life out of that fucking hideous stadium and fans.

amen to that, ffs pls no magical european night at Anfield bullshit

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

They did play well but the scoreline was 3-0, but unfortunately the ball must hit the net.

I hope Barca score first at Anfield just to drain the fucking life out of that fucking hideous stadium and fans.

I wouldnt argue on the scoreline and yes Barca won it convincing but Liverpool played well is what I was referring to. Honestly thats what u want to see in a semi final or final. 

Now as far as preferences goes, thats a different thing :)

I tell you what is ironic, the Liverpool fans on Twitter having a go at Suarez for goading their players and generally being Suarez...all the things he did when he played for them that they worshiped him for.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I tell you what is ironic, the Liverpool fans on Twitter having a go at Suarez for goading their players and generally being Suarez...all the things he did when he played for them that they worshiped him for.

That is how he play everywhere. He is an agitator and I honestly think we need some of that

5 minutes ago, communicate said:

That is how he play everywhere. He is an agitator and I honestly think we need some of that

I love him me, proper nasty workhorse. That first goal last night...the point and then the quick sharp movement was sublime.

16 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Messi might very well the reason Argentina never won a world cup recently IMO. Messi basically made the team selection himself resulting in them leaving Dybala and Icardi out of the team often not even featuring Agüero or just Higuain. With that strikeforce alone a good manager would make more of it that the few goals they scored at world cups. Messi choked it just as he did the Copa America finals they lost because of him.

But IMO international football is worthless assessing the quality of a player. Overall the quality in international football is just poor and the competitons are obviously corrupted. I regard world cups as some kind of holiday showcase tutorial. Entertaining but of no footballing value. 

Nah it does not matter if you have Dybala, aguero Messi, even if if I give you Ronaldo, Messi, hazard in one team. It means absolutely nothing in international football. 

International comes down to who has the better defense and can you knick goals. 

France won wc not because they have Griezmann or mbappe. It was because of kante, varane, umtiti, pavard and hernandez. 

Even when Portugal won euro, Ronaldo wasn't even the star of that team. They played ultra defensive and just try to knick goal at the other end.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

I love him me, proper nasty workhorse. That first goal last night...the point and then the quick sharp movement was sublime.

He is annoying, dirty but we need a bit of that. Our player are too nice. They are too honest. I miss Costa. He is a bit like Suarez just a bit crazier I think. 

20 minutes ago, communicate said:

Nah it does not matter if you have Dybala, aguero Messi, even if if I give you Ronaldo, Messi, hazard in one team. It means absolutely nothing in international football. 

International comes down to who has the better defense and can you knick goals. 

France won wc not because they have Griezmann or mbappe. It was because of kante, varane, umtiti, pavard and hernandez. 

Even when Portugal won euro, Ronaldo wasn't even the star of that team. They played ultra defensive and just try to knick goal at the other end.

That Argentina team were nothing but bottlers who couldn't handle the pressure put forth on them by the federation. Messi and Mascherano were the only ones who could. So many under performers. 

If anything, Messi dragged that team to three consecutive finals (WC 2014, Copa 2015, Copa 2016). You need luck in cup competitions and Argentina had zero. Only Messi. 

Dybala has looked horrid for the national side. With or without Messi. Messi also isn't the reason why Icardi isn't in the team. It's because of his ego and lifestyle/baggage. NO ONE likes him and his wife is hated in Argentina. 

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Its already being sort of mentioned so hopefully not! Be so unbearble! 

Barca fucked it up against Roma last season after the 4-1 win in the 1st leg, the difference this season is there is no away goal for Pool, and Barca have the personnel to score at Anfield, i just hope they finnish the job and no more stupid surprises.

I still don't understand fuss about Liverpool. Even among our fans here. They are closer to our, Tottenham, Arsenal level than City's. Luck and refs gave them at least 15 points in the PL. They lost four away games in CL. 

I still don't understand fuss about Liverpool. Even among our fans here. They are closer to our, Tottenham, Arsenal level than City's. Luck and refs gave them at least 15 points in the PL. They lost four away games in CL. 
You lose one league game all season because of luck?

Hate all you want, but give credit where it's due.

They would have gone through/reached ET in all their CL matches had they been knockout (thus far), so their defeats have little relevance when it comes to the bigger picture.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

You lose one league game all season because of luck?

Hate all you want, but give credit where it's due.

They would have gone through/reached ET in all their CL matches had they been knockout (thus far), so their defeats have little relevance when it comes to the bigger picture.

That and they're 20 something points ahead and with a 41 goal difference over us. It's only when you look at it realise how far we've gone really. 

They have got lucky in some games definitely but no where near our level. 

Saying that hopefully tonight can play at our level.