The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

WHAT A GAME!!! for the neutrals which most of us are not :) ... I wanted City to win it because they are clear better team than Spurs but then u have to give it to Spurs without Kane & with luck they hit 3 at City which not many have done ... It had everything that a blockbuster movie needs. 

Moving away from that game, I feel Liverpool would beat Barca over the 2 leg. 

I wanted City to win, but I tell you what VAR has just taken away every little of joy you can show now, or at least for me anyway.

When Sterling scored, or thought he did, I didn't even jump up, my little lad did, literally everything is under review and now I feel as if everything is going to be ruled out for one reason or another.

The game is well and truly fucked.

39 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I wanted City to win, but I tell you what VAR has just taken away every little of joy you can show now, or at least for me anyway.

When Sterling scored, or thought he did, I didn't even jump up, my little lad did, literally everything is under review and now I feel as if everything is going to be ruled out for one reason or another.

Better this than having unworthy winners.

Just hope we never have a moment like that! To go from a high to a low so quick! No thank you 

Do admire Klopp for what he's done. To built a team which are in the semi final for the 2nd year and challenging for the league as well.. Playing the football they are and losing so few games this season. Their signings all seem to be working so well even if was some doubt seeing how much money was spent on some players. It's paid off. 

Shame we never got him.. 

13 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

HAPPIEST MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR ME!!!!  FUCK YOU FRAUD COACH! Three seasons in the row they got knocked out by weaker team. Monaco, Liverpool, Tottenham. He only needs another billion to spend to reach final. His celebration and then face after offside was priceless. Without VAR he would win it again like in 2009 against us or Arsenal in 2011.

PEP is not a fraud coach. He won the league last season and has city very competitive. 

You can say about the money but look at us and united we also spend some good money and look how we are sucking. 

At the end of the day city are still in a better position then us. And pep has done great for city. 

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I feel the same that was so heartbreaking. VAR really suck out the joy out of the game. 

12 minutes ago, Fernando said:

PEP is not a fraud coach. He won the league last season and has city very competitive. 

You can say about the money but look at us and united we also spend some good money and look how we are sucking. 

At the end of the day city are still in a better position then us. And pep has done great for city. 

That's it. You can spend as much money as you want doesn't mean they'll play well together. Still work to always be done.  Like you said we've spent a lot of money just recent years it's been on the wrong people. 

8 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yes it's understandable someone who looks at it from a neutral perspective. For fans that have supported for a long time, it's like rivalry between Barca/Real, City/Rovers, Boca/Plate, stuff that will never go away. It doesn't eat us completely and is just a thing that means we want our rivals to lose.  But yes I understand, you've probably got a favourite team in Slovenia and I don't mind their rivals winning. Basketball is big in the broken up Yugoslavian nations and it's like I don't mind Serbia or Lithuania winning at basketball.

Im no neutral, Im a Chelsea fan since I was 11. I have not seen it all, but enough to absolutely hate Pool (2005), United (2008), nevermind all the league games. When we play, I want them to lose worse than when we play other teams, but when its not releated to Chelsea, I dont care. I wont be affected in my country if Pool wins, because there are few Pool fans and whoever wins, the coverage will be about the same for any team. Idealy I dont want english team to win CL because we were the last to do it and it will ruin it. But Id much rather see us get back to the top than hope year after year Pool or United doesnt win it. 

I can however imagine you guys getting those yerk press tossed in the face all the time, never mind all Pool fans chat about it all year.

That said, we are not realy competitive this year with Pool. When we go toe to toe, trust me Ill be hoping for their downfall. 

P.S. no I dont have favourite team in my country, football is shite here and completely one sided. The only club I actualy support is Chelsea. Also Lithuania didnt belong to yugoslavia, but I know what you meant. Yugoslavia nations are always massive rivals, but whenever someone wins, there is nothing but big respect from everyone. When we won euros in 2017, croats, serbs etc all cheered for us. But during games, its always mad rivalry. 

Its how I view stuff. When we play rivals, I want them to die haha. But if they play well and not releated to us, I will applaud them. 

It doesnt make me a neutral or any less  Chelsea fan. 

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Im no neutral, Im a Chelsea fan since I was 11. I have not seen it all, but enough to absolutely hate Pool (2005), United (2008), nevermind all the league games. When we play, I want them to lose worse than when we play other teams, but when its not releated to Chelsea, I dont care. I wont be affected in my country if Pool wins, because there are few Pool fans and whoever wins, the coverage will be about the same for any team. Idealy I dont want english team to win CL because we were the last to do it and it will ruin it. But Id much rather see us get back to the top than hope year after year Pool or United doesnt win it. 

I can however imagine you guys getting those yerk press tossed in the face all the time, never mind all Pool fans chat about it all year.

That said, we are not realy competitive this year with Pool. When we go toe to toe, trust me Ill be hoping for their downfall. 

P.S. no I dont have favourite team in my country, football is shite here and completely one sided. The only club I actualy support is Chelsea. Also Lithuania didnt belong to yugoslavia, but I know what you meant. Yugoslavia nations are always massive rivals, but whenever someone wins, there is nothing but big respect from everyone. When we won euros in 2017, croats, serbs etc all cheered for us. But during games, its always mad rivalry. 

Its how I view stuff. When we play rivals, I want them to die haha. But if they play well and not releated to us, I will applaud them. 

It doesnt make me a neutral or any less  Chelsea fan. 

Sorry, when I meant neutral, I meant watching on TV etc. I am not saying that as a way of saying attending fans are 'somehow better', just that you learn to despise those teams through interaction with their 'fans'. Like I said Liverpool in the 70s were for instance known for holding people down and slashing their backs with Stanley knives. In the 80s in Europe they stormed en masse into designer Italian shops and stole thousands of clothes -that was how the Football casual look started. They murdered 39 Italian fans. They stole tickets out of the hands of children. They poured faeces and urine onto other fans heads. Arsenal and spurs I have seen their fans do appalling things. Yes Chelsea fans did bad things as well, I am aware of that.

What I am saying is that you would be very hard pressed to find any Chelsea fan that has experience of regularly attending matches to favour 'Pool' in any match or ever call them 'Pool' for that matter. :)

That's the problem. The coverage... Think if was more balanced to each team be okay but there's always that extra OTT if it's Liverpool or Man U. Maybe the bigger fan base who knows but it becomes a bit stupid. 

We win and there's a small hype but nothing quite like it.  Anything positive we do half the time gets somehow turned slightly negative. 

Then the annoying fan base lol. 

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Sorry, when I meant neutral, I meant watching on TV etc. I am not saying that as a way of saying attending fans are 'somehow better', just that you learn to despise those teams through interaction with their 'fans'. Like I said Liverpool in the 70s were for instance known for holding people down and slashing their backs with Stanley knives. In the 80s in Europe they stormed en masse into designer Italian shops and stole thousands of clothes -that was how the Football casual look started. They murdered 39 Italian fans. They stole tickets out of the hands of children. They poured faeces and urine onto other fans heads. Arsenal and spurs I have seen their fans do appalling things. Yes Chelsea fans did bad things as well, I am aware of that.

What I am saying is that you would be very hard pressed to find any Chelsea fan that has experience of regularly attending matches to favour 'Pool' in any match or ever call them 'Pool' for that matter. :)

I see, sorry about the missunderstanding. 

Yeah from that point I completely understand your pov.

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

That's the problem. The coverage... Think if was more balanced to each team be okay but there's always that extra OTT if it's Liverpool or Man U. Maybe the bigger fan base who knows but it becomes a bit stupid. 

We win and there's a small hype but nothing quite like it.  Anything positive we do half the time gets somehow turned slightly negative. 

Then the annoying fan base lol. 

Chelsea will never get the love and wankfest that the mancs and scousers get, thats the harsh reality, and of course it translates to refs against us, media, pundits, fucking FA, etc. Its a complete utter joke tbh, but fuck all of them

28 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

So another angle shows Llorentes goal came off his arm. We need VAR to monitor VAR.

dont forget how var screwed us in the 1st leg of the COC semi final against Spurs, you should see how it works in the portuguese league, VAR is a joke

In a way its needed cause been so many stupid mistakes and missed moments. At same time it's not without fault though. Does take away some magic as when a goal is scored there's always that wondering. If goes for obviously good.. If against a pain pain. 

13 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

VAR is wank, it's going to ruin everything about football.

In ten years time it will be a non-contact sport......FUCK VAR

I was arguing with my mate, he said last night it was more exciting.

Thing is, in five years time it will have killed off all spontaneous passion. Fans wont celebrate goals because they know they have to wait 5 minutes to know whether the goal stands or not.

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

I was arguing with my mate, he said last night it was more exciting.

Thing is, in five years time it will have killed off all spontaneous passion. Fans wont celebrate goals because they know they have to wait 5 minutes to know whether the goal stands or not.

I didn't celebrate last night for the City for that simple reason, and as time goes on it will get to a point where others in stadiums and at home simply do the same.

It's the worst thing that can happen in football and I stand by my opinion.