The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Wow, this is a night to remember, a real CL-classic.

I still have to get used to this VAR.. It's so strange that the whole stadium is celebrating, City players are in heaven, Spurs players in hell and two minutes later it's suddenly decided it's not a goal and the ref didn't even rewatch it.

Maybe there should be a rule like two minute warning in NFL so the refs would be obligated to rewatch such important cases in the endgame. For the supporters sake at least. I had to look after replays online bc in the live coverage noone knew what happened.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

if they can knock out Real and Juventus, then they need to eliminate Spurs, no excuses. Can you imagine the headlines if Ajax win the whole thing? i would love it

I think Real and Juve were overly confident. Spurs won't be. It's the opportunity of their lives, they will do their best in 180 minutes.

I think it's not bad news for us, Spurs will be busy and their squad is very little.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

We never forged deals nor manipulated deals with club sponsors to escape Uefa regulations. 

we still have repeatedly violated rules for close to a decade

these bans are far from being sorted

more shit is coming out

our board is corrupt

maybe not as bad as shitty, but 2 wrongs don't make a right

Yeah I get the feeling Liverpool will blitz Barcelona and kill them from the beginning. 

Barcelona got a weak defense. 

Ajax vs Spurs should be interesting. But I'm going for Ajax. 

So Liverpool vs Ajax in the final more then likely. 

Just now, Fernando said:

Yeah I get the feeling Liverpool will blitz Barcelona and kill them from the beginning. 

Barcelona got a weak defense. 

Ajax vs Spurs should be interesting. But I'm going for Ajax. 

So Liverpool vs Ajax in the final more then likely. 

i wouldnt discard Barca just yet, the last time they reached a final was in 2015, they have unfinished bussiness in this competition, they have the winning culture and the know how to get it done, and when you have Messi in your team anything is possible. Cheers

@Miguelito

They got to a final last year already by playing super football. Pep chockes every year and they play like fucking mercenaries all the time. Nice football yeah, but I dont find any real passion in that team, bar maybe Aguero. 

They made it work with the likes of Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson. Not that I like those players at all, but Klopp managed to make them work because he created a proper team. All Pep is doing is spending cash to have 2 world class players in each position and when it doesnt work, he spends twice more on new replacement. Klopp could do the same with Wijnaldum, Fabinho or Keita who sucked in the start but he actualy managed them brilliantly and now they are key players. 

I simply prefer Pool style over Pep style. I already was big fan when he managed Bvb (first time I actualy realy wanted another club to win CL beside Chelsea) and now he made Pool play that way if not even better. Their front 3 are a joy to watch, they came as good players, but together they evolved so much its crazy. Pep is plain and simple a choker on the other hand. I already disliked him after they defeated Chelsea in most cheated game ever. And ever since, he prooved he isnt anything truly special. In bayern, he won mickey mouse league, sucked big time in CL and same with City where he spent shitload of cash to dwarf the likes of burnley because he has two starts for each spot in attack. 

Just like a spoiled kid. 

Seriously dont understand whats so special about Pep City. Sure they did follow Pep philosophy well, but he bought the league and in CL where teams actualy try to fight back, he gets destroyed every year. Last year he lost to Pool, this year to Spuds. Tells you enough how strong he actualy is in tough games even against english teams. He scored those PL records because he beaten low table teams. 

Its pretty clear that Pool and even Spuds are better side in competition.

Everything about Psg or City is whats wrong with football nowdays. Obviously money is key, but they are literaly buying all there is. Kudos to Klopp who actualy spends alot on couple players and makes them work to perfection. No backup superstars, no replacing them after a season if they suck. And they are reaping the rewards. 

That said, City plays nice too, tacticaly stupid but still nice. However there is no enjoyment in that team due to reasons mentioned above

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Son was so stupid to get that yellow

it may come back to knock them out (hopefully)

Btw can we buy him somehow? 

Kane is and always will be spuds loverboy and will play whenever fit. Maybe Son decides to move and what better than moving to club from same city with guaranteed starting #9 role :D

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

@Miguelito

They got to a final last year already by playing super football. Pep chockes every year and they play like fucking mercenaries all the time. Nice football yeah, but I dont find any real passion in that team, bar maybe Aguero. 

They made it work with the likes of Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson. Not that I like those players at all, but Klopp managed to make them work because he created a proper team. All Pep is doing is spending cash to have 2 world class players in each position and when it doesnt work, he spends twice more on new replacement. Klopp could do the same with Wijnaldum, Fabinho or Keita who sucked in the start but he actualy managed them brilliantly and now they are key players. 

I simply prefer Pool style over Pep style. I already was big fan when he managed Bvb (first time I actualy realy wanted another club to win CL beside Chelsea) and now he made Pool play that way if not even better. Their front 3 are a joy to watch, they came as good players, but together they evolved so much its crazy. Pep is plain and simple a choker on the other hand. I already disliked him after they defeated Chelsea in most cheated game ever. And ever since, he prooved he isnt anything truly special. In bayern, he won mickey mouse league, sucked big time in CL and same with City where he spent shitload of cash to dwarf the likes of burnley because he has two starts for each spot in attack. 

Just like a spoiled kid. 

Seriously dont understand whats so special about Pep City. Sure they did follow Pep philosophy well, but he bought the league and in CL where teams actualy try to fight back, he gets destroyed every year. Last year he lost to Pool, this year to Spuds. Tells you enough how strong he actualy is in tough games even against english teams. He scored those PL records because he beaten low table teams. 

Its pretty clear that Pool and even Spuds are better side in competition.

Everything about Psg or City is whats wrong with football nowdays. Obviously money is key, but they are literaly buying all there is. Kudos to Klopp who actualy spends alot on couple players and makes them work to perfection. No backup superstars, no replacing them after a season if they suck. And they are reaping the rewards. 

That said, City plays nice too, tacticaly stupid but still nice. However there is no enjoyment in that team due to reasons mentioned above

absolutely spot on, agree

4 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i wouldnt discard Barca just yet, the last time they reached a final was in 2015, they have unfinished bussiness in this competition, they have the winning culture and the know how to get it done, and when you have Messi in your team anything is possible. Cheers

oh for sure Barca have to be the favourites atm

but other than Manure

3 of the 4 teams I hate the most in the world are riding a magic carpet atm