The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

https://www.goal.com/en/match/chelsea-u19-v-ajax-u19/lineups/ex7qwm44jxv6lr2m8qpsddd61

If you click the link above, you will see the lineups when our U19 played Ajax U19 in the UEFA youth league 3 seasons ago roughly around this time. Game ended 1-0 to us. Look who was in the Ajax lineup that day. Both goalscorers tonight: De Ligt and Van de Beek who have now proven themselves on the biggest stages of all. Shows how amazing their structure is and the amount of faith the have in their youth system. You only have to imagine if some of our players in that lineup had swapped teams on the day, what may be their fortune right now. Big credit to Ajax and backing them all the way. Hope they can pull of something special and win UCL :clap:

3 minutes ago, Stats said:

https://www.goal.com/en/match/chelsea-u19-v-ajax-u19/lineups/ex7qwm44jxv6lr2m8qpsddd61

If you click the link above, you will see the lineups when our U19 played Ajax U19 in the UEFA youth league 3 seasons ago roughly around this time. Game ended 1-0 to us. Look who was in the Ajax lineup that day. Both goalscorers tonight: De Ligt and Van de Beek who have now proven themselves on the biggest stages of all. Shows how amazing their structure is and the amount of faith the have in their youth system. You only have to imagine if some of our players in that lineup had swapped teams on the day, what may be their fortune right now. Big credit to Ajax and backing them all the way. Hope they can pull of something special and win UCL :clap:

and you will probably never see any of our guys there ever play in the cl. I think while our youth teams are brilliantly coached, they are coached to be successfull and not for the players to move up in the first team. If this were to be the case there should be a coherent philosophy from first team to youth teams. but as we are switching the system of the first team every year with the coach there really can not be any consistency. 

Brilliant performance by Ajax. Ucl semifinal after besting juve n rm at their ground is not a small feat. 

But If city beat spurs, it is going to be a fun game between two possession oriented team. I see city going to final. 

On the other side of the bracket This barca team is just so vulnerable at the back, they will get destroyed by Liverpool front 3.

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

and you will probably never see any of our guys there ever play in the cl. 

Tammy Abraham next season at Chelsea, no doubt :) I’m positive about Tomori, Sterling and Dasilva too, they time may come in 1-2 year too.

Ofc it’s easier at Ajax to use these players, Eredivisie is pretty much an U23 Championship.

I think we are improving. Against Liverpool there were three academy products of ours on the field, two started. I can see us heading the good way. I really hope we stop buying over 30 medicore players like Giroud and use academy players instead. 

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

and you will probably never see any of our guys there ever play in the cl. I think while our youth teams are brilliantly coached, they are coached to be successfull and not for the players to move up in the first team. If this were to be the case there should be a coherent philosophy from first team to youth teams. but as we are switching the system of the first team every year with the coach there really can not be any consistency. 

Because we don't have first team philosophy so it does not make sense to play the same way. Teaching kids Conte and Mou system where we play in a very low black with 5 defender will be too result oriented for youth development. 

But comparing us to ajax is impossible. Dutch league is very weak. Ajax can keep bringing their youth to 1st team every year  and they will do ok in Dutch. In epl where you have top talent everywhere, you can forget challenging for title. 

18 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I think we are improving. Against Liverpool there were three academy products of ours on the field, two started. I can see us heading the good way. I really hope we stop buying over 30 medicore players like Giroud and use academy players instead. 

This. Our biggest problem is signing mediocre player from outside rather than use our academy for squad/rotation player (drinkwater, Zappacosta for example). I don't care about getting our youth to become 1st team, it is difficult to get that kind of talent. 

Well done Ajax. Amazing football, they completely owned Juve in the midfield. 

Imagine if Ajax went in this game thinking they dont have as good team as Juve and they can only get result if they park the bus. Still cant believe some were saying we dont have team good enough to match Pool and our only chance was to park the bus. Ridiculous.