The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Nah... Barca, Atletico and PSG are top3 favorites. 

Shitty have to be in there too

I think Bayern take out Victimpool, but would not list either as potential winners

and no way I am I already assuming Juve are out, they are more than capable of beating AM by 2 or more, as it is at Turin

also

if Lyon scores once

Barca needs 2 to go through

twice, 3, etc (I am NOT saying that will happen btw)

15 minutes ago, communicate said:

Not surprised with Ajax results. For anyone who have watched Real this season and also last season. They looked quite bad most of the time. They got away last year in UCL by scoring timely goal. 

Its also not a surprise for anyone who has watched Ajax this season. They made Bayern Munich look like Sheffield Wednesday few months ago. The team might be young and inconsistent (which explains why it is 2nd in Eredivisie) it has an incredible amount of talent in it

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Shitty have to be in there too

I think Bayern take out Victimpool, but would not list either as potential winners

and no way I am I already assuming Juve are out, they are more than capable of beating AM by 2 or more, as it is at Turin

also

if Lyon scores once

Barca needs 2 to go through

twice, 3, etc (I am NOT saying that will happen btw)

Shitty will choke against any good tactical opponent. 

Its IMO between Atletico and Barca. Experienced teams who are growing in form.

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Shitty will choke against any good tactical opponent. 

Its IMO between Atletico and Barca. Experienced teams who are growing in form.

I am not ready to count out the others I mentioned, but I respect your opinion

I HATE Barca so deffo hope they do not win (they are probably already favourites for next year, especially if they land de Light and one of the 4 top strikers (Icardi, Dybala (although Messi may block them) Werner or Jovic) out there.

,Same hate for Bayern (although love for them v the scouser scum) and obviously Victimpool, Spuds and Manure (potentially the 2 biggest nightmares, as if Spuds or Manure win the CL and finish 5th or 6th in the EPL, and Arsenal wins EL and finishes 5th or 6th) and we finish 4th in the EPL we are OUT of the CL as only 5 EPL teams can go and the cup winners are automatics. (The odds are HUGE against that happening, but wont rest easy until they are both out of the CL (especially Spuds as they are more likely to finish 5th or 6th than Manure IMHO) or Arse is out of the EL)

I would love to see Ajax, AM, Juve (I had them as favourites, but they are in deep site at home) or PSG win the CL (PSG mainly because Buffon and I think they might pull back a little at that point in terms of trying to buy the world, lol).

8 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Real were heading for an undeserved qualification, then Courtois bottled.

the entire team bottled

they were outplayed in Amsterdam too

Ajax got fucked via VAR there, it should have been 2 2 going into Madrid

but justice was done

Modric and Varane have been shit since their huge WC's

as predicted Marcelo hit 30 and fell off a cliff

Ramos is washed up

same for Benz

Bale is a fraud, one of the most overrated players in last 2 decades

Asensio is overrated as well

Nacho is a thug hack

Diaz a bust

Casemiro looks bored half the games, no longer has insane drive he did for last 3 years, he needs a transfer to refresh

and they barely play one of their best players (Isco)

Carvajal even has been up and down

Kroos is only consistent player they have, and he is a system gem, not a pure out the box revolutionary type

wow Ajax just wow :clap:, never imagined this scenario, Real got spanked at home by Ajax, this team is definitely on the up, amazing from the dutch team, it reminded me of the Ajax team from the 90's, Real are simply a mess right now, they are reaping what they sowed for letting Ronaldo and Zidane leave. The champions league never ceases to amaze.

To be honest Ajax were very unlucky to lose in the first leg, not only that but Real's form has been nothing short of shambolic.

The team talk for Ajax must of been simple...Go and enjoy it, score and the crowd will be after them.

Fucking great they are out.

8 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

they are reaping what they sowed for letting Ronaldo and Zidane leave. The champions league never ceases to amaze.

If you watched Madrid game last season, you will understand it has nothing to do with Ronaldo and Zidane. They looked shambolic both side of the ball last season yet they scored timely goals in UCL. Winning 3 UCL in a row is an impossible feat but their record in La Liga is pretty poor.