The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

46 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Hopefully Spurs get a win.. Scrape through and out they go. I don't fancy meeting them and be sodding annoying if they beat us again. 

Spurs have zero chance of beating Barca at Camp Nou, I want them to lose the last 2 and PSV to beat Inter after Inter has clinched 2nd. Spurs crash out totally, PSV into EL

We have big problem with Victimpool too. As it stands they could easily drop down into EL

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Spurs have zero chance of beating Barca at Camp Nou, I want them to lose the last 2 and PSV to beat Inter after Inter has clinched 2nd. Spurs crash out totally, PSV into EL

We have big problem with Victimpool too. As it stands they could easily drop down into EL

Know we won it that way but do think once your out your out. Shouldn't have a chance elsewhere. 

Joao Cancelo, what a great fullback, playing on wrong side (at LB) and still dominating

Set up the only goal so far with a SUPERB cross

enrages me TBH

makes Azpi (Azpi is only truly great as a CB in back 3, he is simply too limited offensively to be a great RB in an expansive team) and Alonso (grrrrrr) look like shit every-time I see him play, superb offensively and his defence is getting close to Azpi level when he has to (he has had multiple rock-ribbed tackles in this game)

another HUGE fuckup by the board, as there was multiple seasons (4 now) we could have gotten him for a really good price

same for Alex Telles at LB

those two should have been our starting fullbacks for last 2 or 3 years 

they are just wonderfully progressive players and more than decent on defence

they would rip the EPL up, same as Shitty (and now Victimpool) are doing with their FB's

SMDH

A Man City Champions League ban could lead to fifth Premier League team replacing them

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11571649/a-man-city-champions-league-ban-could-lead-to-fifth-premier-league-team-replacing-them

The fifth-placed Premier League team this season could play in the Champions League in 2019/20 if Manchester City are banned from European competition, Sky Sports News has learned.

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has promised action "very soon" after it was alleged City had used sponsorship deals to circumvent Financial Fair Play regulations.

The Premier League champions have not commented on Cerefin's pledge to take strong action on what he called "a concrete case".

Having been found guilty of breaching FFP rules in 2014, City would most likely face a ban from UEFA competition.

In turn, that would open the door for the competition's fifth-placed team to replace them, provided Pep Guardiola's side finish in the top four.

Article 4.08 of UEFA's 'Admission criteria and procedure' states: "A club which is not admitted to the competition is replaced by the next best-placed club in the top domestic championship of the same association, provided the new club fulfils the admission criteria."

City were previously fined £49m for contravening FFP four years ago but avoided a more severe punishment then had the fine reduced to £18m.

snip

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Joao Cancelo, what a great fullback, playing on wrong side (at LB) and still dominating

Set up the only goal so far with a SUPERB cross

enrages me TBH

makes Azpi (Azpi is only truly great as a CB in back 3, he is simply too limited offensively to be a great RB in an expansive team) and Alonso (grrrrrr) look like shit every-time I see him play, superb offensively and his defence is getting close to Azpi level when he has to (he has had multiple rock-ribbed tackles in this game)

another HUGE fuckup by the board, as there was multiple seasons (4 now) we could have gotten him for a really good price

same for Alex Telles at LB

those two should have been our starting fullbacks for last 2 or 3 years 

they are just wonderfully progressive players and more than decent on defence

they would rip the EPL up, same as Shitty (and now Victimpool) are doing with their FB's

SMDH

Cancelo made a run off the ball, beat his marker for pace, the pass was made to him and he dribbled his marker and put an accurate cross for Mandzukic to score. Alonso cannot do anything that Cancelo did for that goal ,We have Giroud and Morata who are good with headers but no fullbacks who can do their jobs in attack. It's very frustrating honestly.

We are lucky that Borussia Mönchengladbach isn't in the EL. Great team this year, 2nd in Bundesliga (just above Bayern and under Dortmund, who are running away with it atm) very well rounded squad and have multiple top talents They crushed Stuttgart just now, 3 nil. Benjamin Pavard for Stuttgart hurt himself on an own goal and went off.

GK Yann Sommer

CB Matthias Ginter German national team starter sometimes, out atm with fractured orbital socket (ouch!)

CB Nico Elvedi superb young Swiss CB, he and Ginter form a great partnership

DMF Denis Zakaria (superb young Swiss MF, played farther forward today, I have rated him for years)

CMF Florian Neuhaus   great young German MF, scored his first Bundelsliga goal today, also assisted on another

CMF Jonas Hofmann super solid CMF, like a poor man's Koke

LW  Thorgan Hazard  16 games, 11 goals 7 assists, one of the hottest players Europe atm, would love to see him come back if Eden leaves

Secondary Striker Lars Stindl  still a good link up player, like a poor mans Mario Mandžukić

CF Alassane Plea   yet another great young French striker   14 games  11 goals 3 assists, I saw some mention him as a target, cannot disagree

I would say they are the best team not in Europe, then Lille

deffo worth a watch if you get a chance, they play entertaining footie