The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

typical arsenal. botch a 1-0 vs 10 men and then do not even try to make up for that in the away game. such a bunch of tossers. i mean i have seen performances like that from us too this season and it angered me but for arsenal no one even lifts a lid because that is what we have seen from them for the last 13 years. 

23 hours ago, Pizy said:

For the love of all that is good in this world, please don't let Liverpool win the final. Please!

If I have to read more about how "special," Liverpool is as a club and the romantic atmosphere at Anfield, and how unbelievably "brave" their players are I'm going to hang myself. 

Nothing gets the football media wanking themselves more than when Liverpool are doing well. Even Man United. It's nauseating.

Hopefully Madrid are ultra motivated to make history by three-peating and Ronaldo raises to the occasion again. He was awful against Bayern in both legs. 

Why do you still read media, 4/5 of the "news" is bs anyway. Problem solved :D

8 hours ago, communicate said:

The problem is when you watch them play, it is hard to consider them to be one of the best team ever. I'll take pep barca or bayern treble winning team over this team any day. They are not dominant at all. I am not talking about possession but in term creating chances and limiting opp chances. It feels like they got lucky so many times and get away with many things. Bayern absolutely battered them over two legs, they also can easily lose against juventus. 

Although they will win ucl 3 times in a row but they also only win la liga once during that time. 

Their liga record is awful tbh, they got lucky in CL over and over again. But luck isnt just given, they do have very strong mentality and never give up in CL games.

I know we won it and will probably be in it next year but the Europa League is the ugly sister to the Champions League. If you get knocked out of a competition that should be it your rewarding mediocrity. A half fit Costa is streets ahead of Morata and Monreal is absolutely diabolical the only other person worse than him with crosses is Dracula

I see Real Madrid showing their class by not giving Barca the pasillo (guard of honour) today.

ZZ says its not down to him!! And its Barcas fault for starting it! They never gave RM one when they won the club World Cup!

While I dont ant them scouse gits to win it I really dont like the RM option neither.

I like Varane but he was lucky not to get sent off then. He put his leg right out in front of Messi and pushed himself over. Then started shalong his head cause he wasnt given a free kick. OR was it because he realised he fucked up and let Messi score?

Why was Ronaldo subbed at 1/2 time? Missed it

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Atletico work so damn hard it's beautiful to watch. They never leave anything behind, they just run themselves into the ground and get their rewards.

Wonderful side.

Great team with a great manager.

People slag their playing style off but they know they aren't Barcelona or Man City so play to their strength and are "killers" when they get chances in front of goal. Just shows that you can be very competitive and win playing a less expansive style if you can get that aggressive, every man working for each other attitude ingrained into your team and have that reliability that you know you might only get minimal amounts of chances but trust that you can be clinical with players like Costa, Griezmann, Gamerio etc up front.

I'd take Simeone here in all fairness but I think Sarri is going to be the main choice to try go another way with the playing style. Simeone would get everyone working incredibly hard and although it may not be a quick process I think he could be a success here. Although he is similar to Conte and Jose which is maybe another reason why we are looking at Sarri or Enrique firstly but I think he's got another side to that Conte and Jose teams are quite reactive where as Atletico in some games I have seen are very proactive, get in the oppositions faces and don't let them settle. Also big games you wouldn't see us shirking challenges or playing poorly, he'd tear right into players regardless if they were Hazard or Bakayoko or Cahill without hesitation. Love watching how animated he gets on the side line too, just goes mad as fuck.