The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

4 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Gabriel Jesus is better than any of our attacking players not named Hazard or Morata. And so is Bernado Silva and he's a squad player. They're miles better than us on individual quality. You can't discuss comfort in possession and resistance to press without aknowledging the stark difference in quality between both sides. All these things flow from each other, and ultimately revolve around technical quality. They aren't isolated qualities.

Meh. Gabriel Jesus is nothing that special to me at this moment. Obviously he's very young and will probably develop into a special player but for now he's benefitting massively from the service he gets from brilliant teammates. It seems like 99% of his goals are easy tap ins. It's a skill to always be in the right place at the right time but he's not scoring worldies or anything.

As far as technical ability goes, Willian, Pedro, Hazard, Cesc are all excellent technically yet still we struggle against the press. Kante and Baka are tanks and they struggle against it.

Think it comes down to training and philosophy rather than the quality of players. Pep probably has his players working endlessly on this stuff and it shows. 

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

When you look on an individual player basis I wouldn't say they're miles and miles better than ours. The likes of Sané, Sterling, Jesus, Fernandinho, etc are all good players I wouldn't consider any of them top class. Their tactics from Pep and their system is just outstanding. They only really have Silva and KDB (+ Aguero when he actually plays) who are truly world class.

I have to disagree, their player is much better than us.

In midfield Silva, Kdb absolutely trump our midfield and that is not even close. Yes we have kante but he is more of a destroyer and pep does not like to play with ball winner.

At front, hazard and morata are great but they have sterling,sane, silva,jesus and aguero. In this city team, the most important player are Silva and KDB hence pep like sane and stering together to provide width. Both of the are really fast and have no problem to stay out wide. 

At the back yes we may have better gk and CB but at lb/wb position no way. I wish we sign mendy and walker.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Meh. Gabriel Jesus is nothing that special to me at this moment. Obviously he's very young and will probably develop into a special player but for now he's benefitting massively from the service he gets from brilliant teammates. It seems like 99% of his goals are easy tap ins. It's a skill to always be in the right place at the right time but he's not scoring worldies or anything.

As far as technical ability goes, Willian, Pedro, Hazard, Cesc are all excellent technically yet still we struggle against the press. Kante and Baka are tanks and they struggle against it.

Think it comes down to training and philosophy rather than the quality of players. Pep probably has his players working endlessly on this stuff and it shows. 

Kante and Baka are not great technically. Cesc is very unathletic and we always know that he struggle against press. Those are your 3 key midfielder not great against pressing. I don't get how can you compare us with City whereas city has two WC midfielder and fernandinho who people forget was actually more of a box to box player rather than a holder or a destroyer.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

This City Napoli game tonight has all the potential to be an absolute cracker of a game. If there is one team who can beat City right now it's Napoli.

Sarri is a fantastic tactician in attacking football. His love for technical players all over the team and pressing football is exactly how I love football

Just now, Pizy said:

Spuds haven't even been great here. They've been much better at other points this season. Real Madrid have been awful and Spuds clinical.

Spurs looked timid against United but here they are, taking the European champions apart. Weird...