The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Congratulations to the glorified Tony Pulis on beating a bunch of 20 year olds while playing beautiful, free flowing attacking football. Loved the celebrations too, definitely a trophy Mourinho craved for and always talked highly about.  

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

giphy.gif

Is that not a valid concern? If ourselves and United are after the same player and they offer 100k more than we do where is that player going?

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

For all his faults and crap..still capable of winning Finals/trophies..shame but not unexpected..be annoying if they win the super cup seeing as we tried twice in a row and failed..

Been there, done that. Mind you, I think they've already won it too.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Is that not a valid concern? If ourselves and United are after the same player and they offer 100k more than we do where is that player going?

I understand money is a factor but it's not the be all and end all, is it? There are still other things that have to be taken into consideration - e.g. getting sufficient game time, style of play, manager, competing for trophies. On top of that, how many players can United really spend big money on anyway? Even with seemingly endless supply of money, there's only so many players they can buy and let's not forget their squad is bloated right now. They can't possibly fit everyone into the team. And for the record, that GIF was a reply to you mentioning that same old concern in like the entire forum!

Had they made the top four, I'd have been fully behind a United win tonight. As they did not however, Chelsea had something to loose from a United victory so I was backing Ajax. Ho hum, we don't always get what we want.

Only upside for me is that Jose has won another trophy. Pleased for The Special One.

suddenly win europa league is almost the same thing that win Champions league lol

Makes me confused see Mourinho and United players celebration so effusively this title in a club that won a lot of more important trophies.

When Chelsea won the EL i stayed happy but only this. Is a shit trophy. 

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

It is a concern. Mou can sign any available player in the world. I'll be surprised if we can outbid united.

I said it in the beginning of this season, people who does not rate this united team this season is either united fans or Mou fans. They are loaded, but they have under performed big time and they will spend crazy money again next season.

My fear has come true, Mourinho's arrogance will continue. I have mixed feeling about it, happy and angry for Mourinho. Angry for the way he embarrasses himself, happy that he has it in him.

Well Europa is a pretty decent trophy, we can't deny that. It  gets United back into Champions league, and gives them money(how much money do United get?) also now that United have CL they will also be able to attract the players they want. This summer City, United and us all will be competing to get good players. It will be really interesting. I just hope that we don't cheap out and get the players Conte wants to sign so that we can properly compete in all the competitions. 

Next season will be very interesting and competitive if United, City and us get kind of players the managers want.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Can he get anymore embarrassing?!

9 hours ago, Jason said:

:lol::doh:

Pathetic!!! F***ing Disgrace!!! ... He is a Legend here but these kind of acts just keeps lowering his status. 

Just win it, lay low and move on ... That would be sign of a good manger instead he just keeps barking over and over again as listed below in his comments on the Europa League. 

'I don't want to win the Europa League. It would be a big disappointment for me. I don't want my players to feel the Europa League is our competition'

- Jose Mourinho upon returning to Chelsea in 2013

'It's the only competition that Manchester United have never won and it would be great to close that circle and say we are a club that won every single competition in the football world.'

- Jose Mourinho on Wednesday ahead of Manchester United's semi with Celta Vigo