The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

4 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah that makes perfect sense Johnny. Gattuso ! the beast. We have that midfield mix of technical and physical now with Cesc and Kante. Back to that 2004 team the defence was paramount in the success Cech, Ferreira, JT, Carvalho and Gallas -the midfield -as you say a mix of physical and technical in terms of fat Frank, Maka, Essien and the underated Tiago. The wings run by speedy Duff and brilliant but legs made of ice Robben. cutting inside to allow the fullbacks to overlap. and up front Gudjohnsen and deadly Drogba. I don't think I was ever more in awe of my team apart from the 1970 lineup. Mind you they aint bad now :cig:

if i had to choose one Chelsea team from the last 20 years, it would definitely be the one from 2004-2006, it had everything: pace, power, technique, ruthlessness, never say die atittude, very solid at the back and dangerous in the middle and in attack, damn time flies so fast, now its time for a new dinasty. Cheers

For me, what was sweeter than Juve deservedly going through to the semis, was the tantrums the catalans were throwing at not getting the usual bullshit decisions that they always get. The entitled twats were absolutely furious that a ref was not giving them calls for their diving and going down too easily and play acting and I loved every single second of it! :D 

38 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

For me, what was sweeter than Juve deservedly going through to the semis, was the tantrums the catalans were throwing at not getting the usual bullshit decisions that they always get. The entitled twats were absolutely furious that a ref was not giving them calls for their diving and going down too easily and play acting and I loved every single second of it! :D 

Players were terrible indeed, but camp nou and fans...brilliant scenes at the end.

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Players were terrible indeed, but camp nou and fans...brilliant scenes at the end.

I've massive respect for the Catalan Barca fans and the club itself for what it signifies for their are and its people, but players like Busquets and Neymar are a disgrace. 

20 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Some of the line up choices from Tuchel were questionable. They backfired within minutes. 

Questionable lineup choices is the main criticism against Tuchel. He's a very tactical manager, sometimes to a fault. Sometimes you just have to decide on something and trust that it'll come together instead of over analyzing. 

Ousmane Dembele. I've said it time and time again but I don't care, I'll say it again. What a talent. A born footballer. And a player that comfortable with both feet, whether he's controlling the ball, dribbling, passing, shooting, whatever, is simply ridiculous. If all goes well, that's one of football's future superstars for sure.

Dembele-Mbappe-Hazard. Never happening but I can't stop fantasising about that front three from time to time.

Ousmane Dembele. I've said it time and time again but I don't care, I'll say it again. What a talent. A born footballer. And a player that comfortable with both feet, whether he's controlling the ball, dribbling, passing, shooting, whatever, is simply ridiculous. If all goes well, that's one of football's future superstars for sure.
Dembele-Mbappe-Hazard. Never happening but I can't stop fantasising about that front three from time to time.

I'd be worried about consistency with those three. Hazard doesn't exactly deliver game after game right now.

43 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'd be worried about consistency with those three. Hazard doesn't exactly deliver game after game right now.

Same with Dembele. On his good nights, he looks like one of the best young footballers in the world, but he can also completely disappear.

Still, for a kid his age, he has more good nights than bad nights.

Oh, please. You can't name me three players who perform with greater consistency than Eden. Hazard has played at a very high level throughout the season and has been decisive from start to finish. I can't take you seriously, or anyone, if you actually think there are players out there who perform at their best game after game.
That front three isn't for now but for three years from now. If Mbappe and Dembele were to join in addition to the current front three, I'd faint. Twice.

Three years is a long time. A bit early to be targeting a youngster that's effectively just broken on to the scene, despite bright performances already.

I can't compare Hazard to the two freaks in the game, but there are a few players that produce on more regular basis than Hazard around Europe IMO. I'll use Sanchez as an example of someone that seems to always offer something in every game in a team that isn't exactly special.

I'm as much of a Chelsea fan as the next person. However, I call it how I see it.

Three years is a long time. A bit early to be targeting a youngster that's effectively just broken on to the scene, despite bright performances already.

I can't compare Hazard to the two freaks in the game, but there are a few players that produce on more regular basis than Hazard around Europe IMO. I'll use Sanchez as an example of someone that seems to always offer something in every game in a team that isn't exactly special.

I'm as much of a Chelsea fan as the next person. However, I call it how I see it.

I think you proved his point by saying there "a few" players that produce more regularly. A few is tiny amount for all the players in Europe. Also, only naming Sanchez proves his point as well. There's not many...And even then, just like every footballer, Sanchez goes through spurts.

I think you proved his point by saying there "a few" players that produce more regularly. A few is tiny amount for all the players in Europe. Also, only naming Sanchez proves his point as well. There's not many...And even then, just like every footballer, Sanchez goes through spurts.

I used him as a more consistent player than Hazard. He isn't the only one either

I would not say he is much more consistent than hazard, if at all, but that is my opinion. Are there any others you think are more consistent?

Of course it isn't factual.

Neymar & possibly Dybala based on this season. I can't be bias

21 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Sanchez has been weak, for his standards, for months. No way has he been more consistent. Yes, he's scored more goals. That's what he does. Hazard beats him in plenty of other areas and has without a doubt been the better player over the entire season.

Dybala suffered a dip in form in the first half of the season and was poor for his standards. Only started to perform like the talent he is in recent months. So never Dybala over Hazard. Neymar has impressed a lot but has also been very frustrating with his tendency to overdo things.

Even Ronaldo hasn't been up there with the very best. 5 goals against Bayern is incredible (even if a bit luck was involved with two offside goals) but that doesn't turn his worst season since his breakthrough at Utd into a typical high level and consistent Cristiano Ronaldo season.

Hardly any player in football in 16/17 can match Hazard's level of consistency, let alone trump it. Messi has been the best by far for me, and Thiago is another player who's been stellar. But many of the elite and world-class bracket have had issues or simply haven't been that consistent. And no one performs at their best game after game. The expectations concerning consistency has taken a ridiculous turn and has become completely unrealistic.

Your bias argument is moot because you don't know me. So yeah, not having that.