The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Just now, DYC. said:

Damn. If I was a betting man, I would've made real money.

My thoughts exactly. Was going to bet on Mbappé scoring and a 3-1 victory for Monaco but I forgot..... -.-
Bet on Neymar and Suaréz scoring so the Barca victory over PSG var sweet for me :D

City won't win the Champions League within the next 10 years at least. They've got such a pathetic return for all they've invested. They for sure have played the sexiest football in England since they became top dogs, but their yield is so very low.

Just now, Yeboii said:

My thoughts exactly. Was going to bet on Mbappé scoring and a 3-1 victory for Monaco but I forgot..... -.-
Bet on Neymar and Suaréz scoring so the Barca victory over PSG var sweet for me :D

Scary. I was thinking 3-1 and an Mbappe goal as well. Good for you on the Barca bet, my fellow Chelsea man.

I'm so happy. Monaco is life this season.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Shame. Thank goodness for Leicester.

I wanted Monaco to get through, but I can see why you would rather see city do well.

How does exactly a nation's teams progress affect the amount of teams we can get into the UCL?

I know that if a country does bad, it can lose a spot, but I don't know exactly how it works. What sort of progress should we want from other English clubs to benefit ourselves from it?

7 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Scary. I was thinking 3-1 and an Mbappe goal as well. Good for you on the Barca bet, my fellow Chelsea man.

I'm so happy. Monaco is life this season.

Yeah they are amazing this season! The new Dortmund so to say, everyone's darling in Europe.

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

That was an impeccable first half display. 

Take a bow Mbape, Benjamin Mendy, & Bernardo Silva. 

KDB has been complete shite tonight. Man has lost the ball so many times, and been so uninspired in his play. Wow.. what a fucking half of football. 

De Bruyne improved so much in centre midfield. Always did envision him as an #8 at Genk. He's a fantastic #10, but you need to build your team around him in that position. Whether that's a recipe for succes... I doubt it.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I want 3 players.

Mbappe (PRIORITY!! incredible talent, only 18, makes runs off the ball like costa and has Thierry Henry esque ballcontrol) 

Mendy> Alonso (bcos of speed and better fantastic crosses)

Fabinho >>>Matic in attack (he can provide Matic tackling and better passing, better attacking movement, better at holding the ball under pressure)

I desperately want Fabinho. But as a wingback. A player with his composure out wide would improve Chelsea's midfield play so much. Sound defender as well. And he's of course familiar with that role as a former fullback.

CM has more options to pick from.

Yes yes its bad for english football as whole and city will be more relaxed to focus on league, but we are 10 points ahead and they would never reach semis of CL with such attitude. I dislike Pep and his style, city today played nothing like english team. IMO with these fancy play, neither Arsenal or City wont see top of CL for ages.

Monaco deserved it far more, great generation of young people.

I hope people saw why I prefer Lemar to Silva. Silva is much like a lesser Eden, but Lemar is skilled too, no nonsense, hard worker, runner, makes all the linkup look easier than it is. Silva dwells on ball and dribbles left and right making people go crazy, but Lemar makes a pass or two and Monaco is already in front of goal. Both are wonderful, but since we play alot without the ball, you saw Lemar everywhere in second half, while Silva was almost invisible.

Bakayoko needs to learn how to pass and keep the ball better, but a tidy defender and physical presence.

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Yes yes its bad for english football as whole and city will be more relaxed to focus on league, but we are 10 points ahead and they would never reach semis of CL with such attitude. I dislike Pep and his style, city today played nothing like english team. IMO with these fancy play, neither Arsenal or City wont see top of CL for ages.

I hope people saw why I prefer Lemar to Silva. Silva is much like a lesser Eden, but Lemar is skilled too, no nonsense, hard worker, runner, makes all the linkup look easier than it is. Silva dwells on ball and dribbles left and right making people go crazy, but Lemar makes a pass or two and Monaco is already in front of goal. Both are wonderful, but since we play alot without the ball, you saw Lemar everywhere in second half, while Silva was almost invisible.

Bakayoko needs to learn how to pass and keep the ball better, but a tidy defender and physical presence.

But who is the better right winger?We need also creativity in our football and the matches that I saw from Silva this year is that showed me that he had a lots o creativity.How creative is Lemar?

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Lemar is not a forward for me. Very much a midfielder. But a much lesser player on the right.

Left midfield in a flat midfield four suits him perfectly but he could possibly adapt to a LWB position as an offensive wingback. But then again, Hazard and Lemar on the same flank is most likely too vulnerable defensively.