The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

6 hours ago, DYC. said:

I still remember Kalou getting fouled in the box by Samuel. Right before half-time if I remember correctly. I was livid. Would've changed the tie.

I witnessed all the ties vs Barcelona but I don't hate them at all. Strong opposition, great games. Both good times and bad times. I thoroughly enjoyed the rivalry that was built in the mid 00s. Game at the Bridge in 09 hurt bad but for me it was more about Chelsea's own doings in the end. The players should've converted those glorious opportunities and advanced to the final but they failed. It happens but it's still a form of failure.

Moscow hurt even more than that game for me. Drogba's red card, JT's slip, Anelka's pathetic attempt. Pff, I wanted to see my guys in blue win it so bad. From 04 to Moscow, Chelsea came so close to getting to the final, only to lose because of microscopic details in most knock-out matches.

This walk down memory lane reminds me of how badly I want a proper CL win. I need to see it happen. Chelsea Football Club. Not just the winners of the Champions League, but the best team in world football. I believe.

:clap:Well said. Echoes a lot of my sentiments really.

I am hoping and wanting Leicester City to win at Full Time and on Aggregate and go through against Sevilla.

So that I can laugh at Arsenal that Leicester made it Further than Arsenal in The Champions League. 

I see Sevilla snapped up Stoke's old technical director. Their team is huge. Severely lacking in skill as well. For their usual standards anyway.

Good for Leicester fans. They are seriously punching above their weight and it's a one-off but it's still very hard to pull off. Their fans will most likely never experience something like this again. A PL title and the last eight of the CL.

Just saw Kante. It's nice to see he still has connection with them.

3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I see Sevilla snapped up Stoke's old technical director. Their team is huge. Severely lacking in skill as well. For their usual standards anyway.

Good for Leicester fans. They are seriously punching above their weight and it's a one-off but it's still very hard to pull off. Their fans will most likely never experience something like this again. A PL title and the last eight of the CL.

Just saw Kante. It's nice to see he still has connection with them.

Haha i noticed that too. However they lost almost every aerial shell with the mostly tiny Leicester players. 

Genuinely happy for Leicester. They fully deserved this for a spirited performance and should have won higher. What a performance from Kaspar schmeichl over both legs tho. 2 saved pens and loads of world class saves. Never was a fan of his esp after Torres two soft goals against him in 2012 but what a goalie that little man has become.

way to go Leiceister, they keep on making history, on their first season in the Champions League they reach the quarter finals, and considering the horrible season they´ve been having its amazing really, its safe to say the Leicester from last season is back with a bang, we´ll see who they draw next, but quarter finals is as far as they are going to get im afraid, but who knows? football is strange sometimes

its a good thing we´ve already played all our games vs them this season (3 wins in all competitions).

15 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Thank goodness we've already played Leicester. They're definitely back to last season form. 

Mancity, Arsenal and tottenham haven't played them yet, this is no longer an easy 3 points anymore 

They played excellent in the CL also in group stage. Things can stay the same.

Quarter Finals:

Arsenal 0/8

Leicester 1/1