The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

Exactly!

I mean, explain this shit:

https://gfycat.com/KindlyAggressiveEyra

Suarez is a disgrace, great player but a disgusting character, he´s nothing but a cheating, diving, biting cunt, Neymar comes close, except the biting.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

That result will have psychologically damaged PSG not just the players but the club as a whole. The manager will be out on his ear by the end of the week if not sooner and people will be talking about this result for years .The PSG fans are going to be constantly reminded about it which makes it particularly funny because they're a bunch of mouthy pricks. Steve McManaman said the ref had a good game only a Scouser could come out with a comment like that.

PSG wont recover from this so soon, even if they spend 100 plus million again, them and City still have a lot to learn in the ways of the Champions League, just like it was for us for so many years, but we never were humilliated like this.

1 hour ago, 1chelsea said:

Some Arsenal fan have something to talk about like how PSG bottled it and want to give themselves some encouragement. Both team sucks

As town friendships have become the current fashion, the French could consider calling their club "the Arsenal St Germain".

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate Barcelona for the overbo disaster. But we got our revenge in 2012, beat the cheats with 10men and won the trophy. 

But PSG have been annoying me in our last few champions League appearances. And somehow they top Chelsea for two straight years in revenue (I don't know how they and mancity keep doing this, annoying as hell) something smells fishy in it. 

I'm happy PSG lost, but still hate Barcelona.  

My thoughts exactly.

Plus, if you love football you have to love this match. I think the result is fair despite the ref help, Barca wanted it so much more in the end.

Wow the amount of hatred towards barcelona in this forum.

The referee was bad but not the worst performance I have seen. The one that has problem is PSG. They were absolutely horrible on the night.

I thought it was a really good game because of the first leg. I don't support Barca but as long as Chelsea is not in UCL I don't care who is going to win it, just give me good game and I am happy..

The referee was bad but not the worst performance I have seen. The one that has problem is PSG. They were absolutely horrible on the night.
I thought it was a really good game because of the first leg. I don't support Barca but as long as Chelsea is not in UCL I don't care who is going to win it, just give me good game and I am happy..

People will always think UEFA do anything to aid Barcelona. A few questionable calls tonight plus 5 added mins, but PSG & Emery got what they deserved. Why try and defend a four goal lead?!

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

People will always think UEFA do anything to aid Barcelona. A few questionable calls tonight plus 5 added mins, but PSG & Emery got what they deserved. Why try and defend a four goal lead?!

Maybe it is true but if it were us not PSG, I will be more angry on the player and the manager rather than the referee. I am not sure how can you give up a perfect result 4-0 lead and end up losing 6-5

4 hours ago, cosmicway said:

They collapsed in 3 minutes.
I did n't know that !
88'-90'-90' it says,

Thats because some outlets dont count the extra time as an official playing minute so they make all first half goals count as 45' and second half, 90'.

But in reality the goals were scored on the 88th, 91st and 95th minutes...

6 hours ago, communicate said:

I was quite sure that Psg can fuck it up after their horrible games against city last year. But it seemed impossible still. 

Games like this, Psg has no place in europe elite. They did well last year against Real and this year against barca in first leg, but then they absolutely bottled it vs city and barca second leg. 

Ref totaly blew it yesterday, and technicaly psg should lose but not by such difference and get to next stage. However their attitude and performance were horrible. And with games like that they have no place in europe (althrough barca didnt deserve it after first leg either). 

Also not playing Kimpembe who was sublime in first game and picking Silva, that alone shows Psg is showoff club and nothing more. They have much to learn. Verratti and Rabiot played like kids too.

As a neutral football fan I enjoyed that game very much. What a comeback! I cheered, not because I love Barcelona, but because I witnessed an historic football match. Eclipsed only by Liverpool Milan in 2005 of the comebacks I have seen because it was in a final.

There were two major decisions that I thought were wrong.

- Barca 2nd penalty I thought was a dive by suarez

- PSG should have a penalty (Mascherano fouled Di Maria in penalty box)

Only these two,1st penalty when Neymar was fouled was stone wall penalty, I don't get how some people even debating this incident. It does not matter Neymar created the contact, when you fall down on somebody path, it is a penalty.

Draxler cut back was not a penalty. Just try to do a sliding tackle, your hand will be in the same position as Mach hand because you are trying to brace your body.

Overall decent game, Barcelona did not play well but PSG was just horrific. Barcelona came back against Milan a while ago I thought was more special.

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Verratti and Rabiot played like kids too.

My thoughts exactly, like school boys on a Sunday afternoon. I'm even more appreciative and grateful for Kante than I was before. Such a blessing to our squad.