test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CHOULO19

The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

Started by CHOULO19,

11,215 posts in this topic

Kudos to Juventus for scoring 3 goals against Real!

Sad that they didn't go through would have been nice to see a no Spanish team semi final in CL after many seasons :D

Johnnyeye likes this

6 hours ago, Thor said:

Two hands in the back and a kick around the side. Only reason it is up for debate is because of when it happened. 

That is 1000% a penalty. You could pull him up for so many infractions on the one play. 

I think he pushes Ronaldo.
When the defender kicks the ball to the keeper it's legal but he had already pushed.

Buffon should've been mad at Benatia, not the ref.

If Benatia had done just a little body-check, it would push Real's player out of a balance, giving Buffon chance to defend correctly. But no, Benatia had lift his leg, catching player's chest and side before (if even) catching the ball. Also, both hands at the back...

It's pitty, I wanted Juventus to advance. Because Messi is better than this central-forward guy CR, nothing else. :D 

Blusan Alamb likes this

I want Liverpool to win the CL. Premier League side winning PL will only be good for Premier League, and Liverpool lack the cunts they used to have years ago.
You didn't say that.
Blusan Alamb and Johnnyeye like this

9 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

If we finish 4th ahead of Liverpool and they win the UCL, what will happen?

not that it is a real case scenario :D but there would be 5 English teams in the next season's CL campaign

34 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

not that it is a real case scenario :D but there would be 5 English teams in the next season's CL campaign

What if Arsenal also win the Europa?

That Arsenal v Atletico Madrid tie is an interesting one. If Atletico set out to be defensive, negative like they sometimes do against the big sides, then I don't see why Arsenal can't beat them to reach the final, especially if they can win by a few goals in the first leg. Atletico did after all get dominated, out-thought and out-fought by us in both group stage games this season! But if they play aggressive and on the front foot like we know they can, then they can definitely knock them out. Hope Costa can find his form again. No goals in 6 games but apparently picked up an injury yesterday.

Fernando and Johnnyeye like this

great games in perspective for the semis, Liverpool-Roma will be a cracker for sure, both teams will be raring to go, specially Roma who are making history, Bayern-Real will be massive, i got a feeling that this year's tie will not be one sided as in previous seasons, i think this Bayern can knock out Real this time around, there is something about Heynckes that works in Bayern's favour and maybe it will be enough to end Madrid's run, but who knows, we all know how unpredictable the Champions league is. As for the Europa League, Atletico-Arsenal will be a great tie too. Cheers

Fulham Broadway likes this

Oh look Liverpool got Roma what a shock! Return for Salah blah blah. Magical! 

Hopefully be a shock ish result and out they go... 

4 minutes ago, KevinAshburner said:

I hereby put a curse and a jinx on Liverpool FC TONIGHT and for the rest of the season and to choke in the champions league.

And I'll add a curse on Spuds to continue their annual late season freeze so we can beat their arses into the CL spots.

Johnnyeye likes this

Only big game tonight is Derby v Cardiff, I refuse to watch the Scouse wank fest and listen to the words "Special night at Anfield" repeated 100 times before KO.

I'd rather watch nothing, then.