The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

I watched the Real match.
Now I 'm going to look at the Bayern goals.
It was more or less expected from Arsenal but what do think about Barcelona's debacle ?
I believe it's Juve year and then the Conte years begin.

The reason Spanish teams and Bayern dominate is -apart from Arsenal playing in the CL- the transfers they make.
When did the English clubs beat them to it ?
The last one who was contested between England and Spain, after a fashion, was Suarez and L'pool sold without any second thoughts.

Partly because PL clubs look only at money and they cant use resources. Take a look at Boateng at City and Bayern. Or Luis at Chelsea and Atletico. Day and night. City and United can create damn fantastic team with their money and they dont need to sell to Real/Barca unless for 100m plus, which I doubt those two can afford atm. But they wont because their management is on same level like Real was few years ago. Throwing money around but no results. Real changed alot in past few years buying smarter and you can see how successful they are.

Its true that Real Barca is more appealing to most players, but England is at its own fault. PL doesnt produce enough quality players like spain or germany do. For example; Neuer, Vidal, Lewandowski were designed in bundesliga, making them prefer german clubs over others. All PL is doing is throwing shitload of cash at foreign players who have absolutely zero loyalty or affiliation to england (with very few exceptions). I mean United had Evra in past. Now the best they can do with all their money is Shaw? Blind?

And I think we have alot of improvement before we can take on CL. Unless we go full park the bus with lot of luck approach, which I dont realy want. Balanced football would be more appropriate.

7 hours ago, 1chelsea said:

Can I hear someone say Arsenal can turn the tide? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I think a couple of season ago they almost turn the tide after losing 4-1 to bayern. It is typical arsenal,  I have no idea why.

I will not be surprised if they won 3-0 at home. 

23 minutes ago, Mana said:

Even though the memes and ArsenalFanTV were fantastic and entertaining yesterday...

I am BORED. Same thing over and over. Arsenal were embarrassing yesterday but...we have seen this time and time again. Last season, 5-1 at Bayern FFS.

It's fantastic in Chelsea's eyes I guess but even I get tired watching the same movie over and over and over and over and over....

Arsenal should finish 5th and play in Europa. Then at least, that's a different movie.

As for Ozil though, no words. Terrible, lazy player for any team to have. Worthless. Alexis doesn't need this, it's unfair on him. He's a South American, he wants to win things.

Arsenal are an embarrassment for the Premier League. All those fanboys from Germany and Spain laughing at us as Premier League teams.

Do not forget that teams like Real and Bayern did get 2 full weeks of rest in the winter period as those competitions have winter breaks but still.

Arsenal is Europa League level. It's embarrassing that a team that hasn't won the League for over 12/13 years is representing the Premier League in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. I know Real haven't won the La Liga in some time as well but that's a different case. Same goes for a team like Napoli and all.

People make fun of the Serie A, but Napoli showed 10 times more guts at the Bernabeu than Arsenal did at the Allianz Arena. Arsenal are an embarrassment. Gone glory. Huge history, more than us, but that's gone and they will never come back. Wenger will make a decision if he leaves the club at the end of the season. Shows how much power he has. That Arsenal can better rename their name to Arsene FC. He should've went the SAF way and came out saying this is his last season in his upcoming press conference. Man is finished for over 8 years now. 

Can't wait for us to come back in the UCL. Conte has a point to prove in Europe as he didn't have the best stats with Juventus in Europe but still, he would kill the Arsenal players of yesterday if that were his players. They were a disgrace. 

Alexis will probably move to Juventus. He knows the Serie A from his time at Udinese and it would be the perfect team for him. They have no problems with the Serie A so they can focus on the UCL. Juventus/Bayern and PSG are the ideal teams for players entering their thirties as those Leagues they're playing in aren't as hard as the EPL.  

Burnley is harder to play agains than fucking FC Ingolstadt or Chievo Verona. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Barcelona shouldn't be laughing at us now, especially Arsenal's result against Bayern. At LEAST Arsenal got an away goal...and City still left to play, they did reach the semis last season after all...

Yeah I know Arsenal are embarrassing. That's why I said I am getting bored of them because they have been for 8/9 years now. I mean which top team embarrassingly loses 5-1 in the same place in two consecutive seasons? Let's not forget the 6-0, 8-2, 5-1 (Liverpool), 4-4 (4-0 to Arsenal at HT), 3-3 (Arsenal 3-0 up at HT) over the years...I bet there were more embarrassing results but can't remember them all.

I'm also tired of my Gooner dad being so gullible year after year, beginning of each season, hugs me so tight shouting "WE ARE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!!!11" only yesterday to see the gloomiest face I've seen since...February last year. HOW can Arsenal fans cope with this same old crap for a decade?!

And for Conte being in the CL. Dude NO. Not with this shaky team. I don't trust our current squad enough to go far in the CL. Especially after that shocking performance against Burnley.

Our squad is actually not that great imho. Moses and Alonso are shambolic at most times. Bayern would've also destroyed us but maybe not 5-1 lol. 

As for Arsenal, what does your dad think what the problem is at that club? I think that owner Kroenke who owns many other sport clubs not giving a damn about Arsenal. Wenger is the second problem as that dinosaur is simply outdated. 

9 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Our squad is actually not that great imho. Moses and Alonso are shambolic at most times. Bayern would've also destroyed us but maybe not 5-1 lol. 

As for Arsenal, what does your dad think what the problem is at that club? I think that owner Kroenke who owns many other sport clubs not giving a damn about Arsenal. Wenger is the second problem as that dinosaur is simply outdated. 

What we have to do mate is thank the footballing gods that old vinegar tits IS the north London teams manager and we should be offering up prayers,bribes and blackmail whoever it takes to make them keep him on for as long as possible.. Everyone knows its his early history with the club thats kept him there for quite awhile now.

What we have to worry about is just WHO will replace the old flasher when he buggers orft!

Both Zidane and Simeone will be looking for work when the old mans contract expires. I see them fancying going up against the managers we got now in the PL.

And I had a shit day yesterday - but watching them lose like that really helped. Fuckin hate them.

Wenger is the perfect example about how the talk about stability is bullshit. During many years people used SAF record to prove that not firing the manager was the right thing to do, because the results would naturally come one day. SAF wasn't fired because he kept being competitive during all those years, and because when he became United's manager, United wasn't the club they are today.  Today no manager in the world will stay 6 years in United without winning a major trophy. 

Arsenal is a joke for not firing Wenger. Being an Arsenal fan must be really frustrating, because the club is sending the message they lack ambition. They are happy to be in top 4 every season, and don't mind getting knocked out 7 seasons in row in the first round of knockout stage in Premier League. 

During many years Wenger got away with the myth that he was the moral winner of Premier League, because Arsenal could achieve top 4 without spending ridiculous amount of money. In recent seasons we could realize this is not more than a big lie. Arsenal got one of the best squads in the league, they have enormous amount of pretty good options in attack, and they are still a team that can't win the Premier League in a season that a relegation zone side won the league.

Stability means nothing when you are stable in mediocrity. 

To the huge extent Arsenal Fan TV is immensely entertaining, hats off to the weird norf London 'innit bruv' gooner fans that fork out vast amounts of cash week in week out.

Also you can guarantee If and when we do get a spell where the trophies dry up for more than a few seasons and we can't attract the better players, I guarantee we'll have lemons like them being interviewed on the Fulham Road spitting out their dummy which will be entertaining to other teams fans.

That said, I am sorely tempted to don a red and white scarf and then go and engage Arsenal fans to defend Whinger to the hilt  :D

Man, all of our Belgian teams have essentially weakened compared to last year, but we're getting some nice results... We've got the sixth most UEFA ranking points this year, right behind France and better than Portugal, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey - all of which have vastly more money than us. Or it's sheer luck, or we're still doing something right. It's not normal for Tottenham and Zenith to lose to Ghent and Anderlecht...

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has welcomed his team’s soon-to-be-confirmed exit from the Champions League, insisting it will give him and his team time to focus on excuses for their ongoing domestic failure.

After a first leg 5-1 defeat to Bayern Munich, Arsenal are now left to focus on failing dismally in the premier league and FA Cup.

Man City Lineup vs AS Monaco

CITY XI | Caballero, Sagna, Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Yaya Touré, Sané, Silva (C), De Bruyne, Sterling, Agüero #cityvmonaco #mcfc

CITY SUBS | Bravo, Zabaleta, Fernando, Nolito, Navas, Delph, Iheanacho #cityvmonaco #mcfc