The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

It seems like Premier League clubs are really really decreasing from year to year. I can't remember last time (except us in 2012,but that was long time ago)  english club beated  those Spain and German 'big teams'  in European competitions,specially in Champions league. It's really sad to see that after  english dominance  in early 2000's. 

5 minutes ago, LegenTerry said:

It seems like Premier League clubs are really really decreasing from year to year. I can't remember last time (except us in 2012,but that was long time ago)  english club beated  those Spain and German 'big teams'  in European competitions,specially in Champions league. It's really sad to see that after  english dominance  in early 2000's. 

Arsenal is Europa League level mate be honest...

What's most impressive is tha Bayern barely broke a sweat and still utterly dominated Arsenal. To have what felt like 80% possession against one of the best possession sides in Europe just shows how many levels above Arsenal they are.

Also, man am I jealous of Bayern's midfield trio. Vidal and Thiago are so fucking good and Xabi still runs the show effortlessly at his age.

7 minutes ago, 1chelsea said:

Can I hear someone say Arsenal can turn the tide? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Well they do have that jammy away goal :-P went from lifeline to sod all.

Think fans more shocked about that then the result. 

And it's funny how they'll all hahaha we didn't qualify blah..yet they did and it's pointless to even do so!

I watched the Real match.
Now I 'm going to look at the Bayern goals.
It was more or less expected from Arsenal but what do think about Barcelona's debacle ?
I believe it's Juve year and then the Conte years begin.

The reason Spanish teams and Bayern dominate is -apart from Arsenal playing in the CL- the transfers they make.
When did the English clubs beat them to it ?
The last one who was contested between England and Spain, after a fashion, was Suarez and L'pool sold without any second thoughts.