The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

He basically sold our really bright future for a league title and then turned us into deep fried shit.

Someone above talked about not calling him names and such but fuck it.... 

I'm glad this CUNT who disrespects the fans that stayed loyal to him even after he got sacked for the second time, isn't having any positive result.

Fuck off to China!

5 hours ago, Roquila said:

He basically sold our really bright future for a league title and then turned us into deep fried shit.

I'm glad this CUNT who disrespects the fans that stayed loyal to him even after he got sacked for the second time, isn't having any positive result.

Fuck off to China!

Although he is past it now and am totally glad he has left us and we have Conte, i have never quite got that argument. KDB aside, i don't look at a single player he sold to build the title winning team and think we could seriously do with him. Lukaku despite his goal record has too many flaws and Costa is better, Schurrle is average, Mata is overrated.

The title team was still relatively young and with a decent transfer market and proper pre season planning we could have quite easily gone again and retained the title, but we didn't, we had a shit pre season (on the pitch and in training methods), manager alienating his team and spending all summer chasing dreams in Pogba and Stones when Alderweireld, Clyne and Witsel/Aranguiz would have sufficed.

6 hours ago, Roquila said:

Fuck off to China!

What future? He sold Kdb, thats it. And Luis, but he is not exactly future.

Meanwhile he wanted Pogba among others, but the board didnt give him the money. I agree, its good he is gone now, but lets not overblow things.

Great Pep got rid of Thiago for Cesc and then Kroos for Thiago. Saf let Pogba go. 

I think people have short memories and no character these days. If which I doubt, Mou gets back to his best somehow, you same people will talk you wish he was here again...

But I guess Mou is not popular anymore and you lot turned to new shinny toys. Like people who buy iphones and dont even know why they buy them. 

They don't defend in La Liga. Like Sevilla try and attack and Barca break, Sevilla's defense parts ways. And this is supposed to be the in form team? The surprise of the season? So naive. Anytime a Sevilla breathed on a Barcelona player, the ref blew. I just prefer to stick to EPL mostly these days. It's just by far the best league in the world at this point. Many great teams with great players playing great football. 4 maybe 5 teams can win it.

Maybe I thow in some Bundesliga. The defending isn't great there as well but at least it's faced paced, the fans are amazing and the refs let them play. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guardiola's City look so, so average vs. Celtic. Should be losing by 2-3 goals already. He isn't half as special as people have made him out to be. Anyone could've done what he did given they had Messi, Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta, Muller, Neuer, Lahm etc. to work with. 

Their very best players aren't actually on the pitch, which, demonstrates further how much of a cock he is. He doesn't know how to pay respect to the opposition.

21 minutes ago, Leif said:

Guardiola's City look so, so average vs. Celtic. Should be losing by 2-3 goals already. He isn't half as special as people have made him out to be. Anyone could've done what he did given they had Messi, Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta, Muller, Neuer, Lahm etc. to work with. 

Their very best players aren't actually on the pitch, which, demonstrates further how much of a cock he is. He doesn't know how to pay respect to the opposition.

Not true. Just ask all the other managers who got a tough slack at Barcelona before Neymar and Suarez arrived. Then, also ask any Bayern fan if they are missing Pep right now. It is easy to take advantage of a bad tide to try to prove a flawed point of view.

Btw, just to be clear, I agree they are looking average and not playing very well. However, to play like Guardiola does it takes quite a lot of time. Especially if Aguero aint gonna help him. So dont go jumping into conclusions before things unfold.

Really don't get Emerys changes in PSG game. Two full backs, like for like changes and Jese subbed on at the 84th minute when 2-1 down (far too late although they got a draw) they really threw that top spot away quite horrifically, no real desire to try and attack or win the game, in a team with guys like Di Maria, Lucas and Ben Arfa who were piss poor too, it makes no sense. Weird going ons there, Di maria and Ben Arfa were terrific last year while Lucas has always been inconsistent. Suppose that lucky bastard Wenger won't care now they finished top. 

First half of Celtic-City was a brilliant game too. City and Celtic both really have soft centers but could of scored goals galore, hope there's games tomorrow that are just as open, seeing Spurs lose would be great as well.

1 hour ago, Rmpr said:

Not true. Just ask all the other managers who got a tough slack at Barcelona before Neymar and Suarez arrived. Then, also ask any Bayern fan if they are missing Pep right now. It is easy to take advantage of a bad tide to try to prove a flawed point of view.

Btw, just to be clear, I agree they are looking average and not playing very well. However, to play like Guardiola does it takes quite a lot of time. Especially if Aguero aint gonna help him. So dont go jumping into conclusions before things unfold.

Agree but Guardiola isn't helping himself by constantly tinkering his formations and players. He clearly doesn't have the same quality players at City like he did at Barcelona and Bayern Munich and the least he could do while implementing his style of play is stop over-complicating things. He never tinkered much at Barcelona but started to at Bayern and while I understand his reasoning to make his teams less predictable with the tinkering, he is really taking things way too extreme.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Agree but Guardiola isn't helping himself by constantly tinkering his formations and players. He clearly doesn't have the same quality players at City like he did at Barcelona and Bayern Munich and the least he could do while implementing his style of play is stop over-complicating things. He never tinkered much at Barcelona but started to at Bayern and while I understand his reasoning to make his teams less predictable with the tinkering, he is really taking things way too extreme.

He is too one way manager. Always to play nice attacking football. Much like Mourinho, except that he is complete opposite; to play for result. 

Guardiola doesnt have plan B. He had huge luck he got chance to work best team in the world and won it all. But they got older, found out and it didnt work anymore. In bayern, city, it just shows the same mistakes. 

He could do us more damage by starting Yaya and bulying our midfield. He could play Aguero and Nolito (or Kenechi) because they created shitload of chances but had no finishers with Aguero having bad day. But again, he went with as many playmakers he has, trying to prove a point with nice football, yet from back line who can pass, but cant defend to attack who can create but isnt ruthless, he fails against every team that can adopt. And if he couldnt make it with that Bayern team, he will have alot to do with City who is not on same level as Bayern. 

Unless you have perfect team, you have to know when to go forward and when to just stay back. Pep and Mou dont and thats why they are failing at top. 

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Really don't get Emerys changes in PSG game. Two full backs, like for like changes and Jese subbed on at the 84th minute when 2-1 down (far too late although they got a draw) they really threw that top spot away quite horrifically, no real desire to try and attack or win the game, in a team with guys like Di Maria, Lucas and Ben Arfa who were piss poor too, it makes no sense. Weird going ons there, Di maria and Ben Arfa were terrific last year while Lucas has always been inconsistent. Suppose that lucky bastard Wenger won't care now they finished top. 

First half of Celtic-City was a brilliant game too. City and Celtic both really have soft centers but could of scored goals galore, hope there's games tomorrow that are just as open, seeing Spurs lose would be great as well.

Expect plenty of action in the Real V Dortmund match.