The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

He would go to Arsenal if he was to go. As that's the only top team available. No doubt Wenger will step aside for him. 

or psg? he's easilly better than blanc. or replicate his success with inter milan

16 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

That generally applies to the entire experience of being a football (and more generally sports) spectator..unless you plan on doing like that fan who ran onto the pitch a few years back and took the FK :P

probably a better tactic than letting granfranny take

5 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Well, congrats for Real. As expected.

Atletico gifted them the title. about the softest cl win ever given the run in they had malmö, as rom, man city... Atletico sweeping aside all the big guns for them. football is so unfair. barca or bayern would have made light work out of this rigid REal team. 

Bayern, Real, Barca, Real. Bayern winning the CL next season with Ancelotti at the helm sounds about right. Boring.

This CL campaign is my least favourite in a while. I don't know, it lacked magic and I wasn't really drawn to the ties. Maybe it's the familiarity. I think that's it.

I guess the big three will continue to hoard all the world-class and elite players. I look forward to the end of that cycle. It was fun for a while but it's time for something new.

Back in the day you would only be able to watch a handful of live football games on the telly. These days you can see more live games in a weekend then you could in a whole season. I had to go to the pub tonight to watch the game not that I gave a toss who won but almost out of tradition I thought I should watch the game. It's an absolute scandal that the Champions League Final is not on terrestrial TV.  UEFA are apparently concerned about viewing figures well don't sell your crown jewels to the highest bidder and think about the millions who don't have BT Sport you greedy bastards.

Hala Madrid. Happy they won it, I'm not on that hipster flow of rooting for underdogs at every turn in sports. 

Ronaldo was clearly not at top health, but he got the glory moment he wanted. 

Atleti didn't "deserve" the win on the balance of play imo (even though I don't really believe in that notion in one-off Cup Finals, you either win it or you don't.)

Atleti were all-over the place for large stretches of the match. Their pressing was not as compact, and they suddenly forgot how to defend set-pieces and should have been down 2-0 if Casemiro made better connection. 

Zizou nearly lost the game for Real Madrid by subbing off Kroos who had a strangle-hold on the match. I understand he wanted greater pace in midfield, but if it wasn't broke don't fix it. 

You got to wonder if the Atleti players can withdo another grueling, demanding season next year. For all their pressing, and high intensity, only 1 Copa Del Rey and 1 League Title have been made to show for it. At some point, Losing the title by 2/3 pts, and 2 UCL Finals, has to be beyond frustrating. Does Simeone have it in him to implement a more attacking, player friendly system for large stretches next season? I doubt it, but will be interesting to see. 

Shame Atleti fell at the final hurdle once again. They've niw lost three European Cup finals

Back in the day you would only be able to watch a handful of live football games on the telly. These days you can see more live games in a weekend then you could in a whole season. I had to go to the pub tonight to watch the game not that I gave a toss who won but almost out of tradition I thought I should watch the game. It's an absolute scandal that the Champions League Final is not on terrestrial TV.  UEFA are apparently concerned about viewing figures well don't sell your crown jewels to the highest bidder and think about the millions who don't have BT Sport you greedy bastards.

It was on BT Showcase, which is on freeview and was free to watch on YT.