The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

against Malmö. wow. Germany won 8-0 at a world cup against saudi fucking arabia and that was an average German side. We once won 8-0 vs Aston Villa and Wigan. Not an uncommon result when there is such a gap in quality. And Ronaldo always scores in clusters against weak sides so he can bottle it in every big game and still people think he is the best player in the world.

Well then who is?

Messi who has suarez who singe-handedly brought liverpool became PL champion contender, and also has neymar who also do the same with brazil NT? Or when he became repetitive Balon D'or winner and won everything back in old days when he played with almost Spain NT squad who unquestionably were the best Spain NT in history? Damn lucky bastard :D

Fyi, i dont want to bring another endless and most common debate topic in football history, so I'll leave it at that.

Hi everyone, i don't know if anyone as seen this, but just hear me out on this one, please don't criticize me for it, some interesting facts: Mourinho won his first Champions League with Porto in 2004 and 6 years later he won it with Inter Milan in 2010, that makes a span of 6 years in which Mou reaches 2 finals and wins with different clubs. Now 6 years later the final in 2016 is at the San Siro, destiny maybe? i don't know, but now comes the interesting part: Chelsea reached their first final in 2008 and lost, then 4 years later they reach the final again in 2012 and win, now 4 years later in 2016? can you see the connection i'm trying to make here? with what happened to us in 2012, qualifying in the last group game, being knocked out early in the capital one cup to eventual winners, we could say it's written in the stars and all, i'm not saying it implies anything , it's just coincidences, and Stoke might not even win the COC and we don't know if we will even reach the final of the FA Cup and meet Stoke there, but nothing surprises me anymore in football, to be fair and us having a troubled season now just like back then i wouldn't bet against it, it's an assumption, but for that to even happen we have to win the last game against Porto first. What do you all think? Cheers

@stroey

now we have reached the knockout stages, so one thing less to worry about.

It's happening... :dance:

Seriously, i'm not a superstitious person, but in this case, i really like to think so.

Great read, as always, pleasure talking with you, Johnny.

Our possible opponents next round: Gent, Roma, Juventus, PSV, PSG, Benfica. Any toughts ? Cheers

Don't want to play PSG again, it's getting a bit dull...and not to mention a bit worried since they are much stronger then last season. :D

Juventus woudn't want them either, so please give us any of the others. :blue scalf:

@stroey

now we have reached the knockout stages, so one thing less to worry about.

It's happening... :dance:

Seriously, i'm not a superstitious person, but in this case, i really like to think so.

Great read, as always, pleasure talking with you, Johnny.

Thanks mate :), now that would be a real dream if we won it again wouldn´t it? Cheers

Thanks mate :), now that would be a real dream if we won it again wouldn´t it? Cheers

Well we got nothing to play for in the PL just avoid relegation....should be easy. Don't know about finishing in 4th spot.

But if everything is lost, then don't kill yourself in the PL. Rest your important players for the CL matches.

Hopefully we can have a repeat of 2012.

Don't want to play PSG again, it's getting a bit dull...and not to mention a bit worried since they are much stronger then last season. :D

Juventus woudn't want them either, so please give us any of the others. :blue scalf:

No matter who we get in the draw, we all know that once you reach this stage of the competition, there are no more easy games, all those teams are in the last 16 for a reason, so it depends on us to take no one for granted and do our job, even if the opponent looks weak on paper. Any team will be ready for the challenge when the time comes and so will we hopefully. Let´s make the most of this chance. Cheers ;)