The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

I actually want all English teams to qualify, so we can still have 4 spots in CL

Utd to europa league could be a blessing in disguise. they can go way further there than in CL. Boy what a game this way tho. Both teams had more than enough chances for half a dozen goals each.

I can see United struggling to finish top of that group. They could even miss out again, how funny would that be!

No way. PSV is weak, CSKA is decent, Wolfsburg is usually pretty good but the loss of De Bruyne is massive. No creativity without him. Their strikers are Dost and Bendtner... I was surprised to see they didn't strengthen during the summer.

All those teams would kill for Utd's players. If Utd doesn't top that group they're absolutely terrible.

City should finish top of their group as well with all that quality. Disgraceful European record yet they're such a big dog in England. Them choking in Europe again wouldn't help Chelsea in the league.

Ahem...you were saying? B) Never underestimate the ineptitude of LVG!

Epic failure.

PSV sweat buckets over a €5-10 mil purchase. This wasn't their strongest team either. Amazing achievement.

I think until United get a really strong/stable manager again, they will always have the ability to brain fart themselves out of the CL.

Real won 8-0. Ridiculous.

Cristiano scored four goals. Mr Binge.

Cristiano is on 88 CL goals. Sick.

against Malmö. wow. Germany won 8-0 at a world cup against saudi fucking arabia and that was an average German side. We once won 8-0 vs Aston Villa and Wigan. Not an uncommon result when there is such a gap in quality. And Ronaldo always scores in clusters against weak sides so he can bottle it in every big game and still people think he is the best player in the world.

Real won 8-0. Ridiculous.

Cristiano scored four goals. Mr Binge.

Cristiano is on 88 CL goals. Sick.

My boy in my Ava scored his first goal for Real Madrid aswell. Happy for him.

You happy for PSV? Or do you support a different dutch club?

I think until United get a really strong/stable manager again, they will always have the ability to brain fart themselves out of the CL.

Buying actual quality with those millions would help.

against Malmö. wow. Germany won 8-0 at a world cup against saudi fucking arabia and that was an average German side. We once won 8-0 vs Aston Villa and Wigan. Not an uncommon result when there is such a gap in quality. And Ronaldo always scores in clusters against weak sides so he can bottle it in every big game and still people think he is the best player in the world.

Thanks for the history lesson but scoring eight goals in a single match remains a very difficult thing to do. You usually lose the real hunger and sharpness after 4 goals. And Real had nothing left to play for. Notice how you have to go back years to think of examples and I never said this was a legendary achievement.

Ronaldo always scores in clusters against weak sides. Repeating what I said. I wish Chelsea players always scored in clusters against weak sides. That would be fun.

Bottle every big game. That's not even close to being true but I'll leave it at that. Best player in the world. Not for me.

My boy in my Ava scored his first goal for Real Madrid aswell. Happy for him.

You happy for PSV? Or do you support a different dutch club?

Why Kovacic?

Happy for them as the underdog and finishing above Utd. I don't support a Dutch side but I sympathise with Ajax.

Why Kovacic?

Happy for them as the underdog and finishing above Utd. I don't support a Dutch side but I sympathise with Ajax.

In Italy i like Inter. Kovacic was supposed to be the poster boy for Inter's revival, along with Icardi. I took a liking to his style of football. He's a complete midfielder; delivers beautiful through balls, isn't afraid to put in a tackle, and when on song plays with a great deal of fearlessness. And ever since THAT game vs Lazio, my fandom has gone into maximum overdrive.

Unfortunately under Roberto Mancini, he was placed in numerous positions across midfield, and never had the full backing of the manager.

Although he's been terrific every time he's come on for RM, (didn't get to see him today however, just saw he scored).

And that midfield three of Rakitic, Kovacic, and Modric for Croatia in the Euros will be something to behold.

He'll turn into one of the worlds better midfielders me thinks. Just you watch.