The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

We are currently holding the best defensive record on our group. :lol:

Not only that, we have the 4th best defence in the group stage so far. This despite the fact that we have the 4th worst defence in the Premier League. Then again, 2 of the teams in our group are pretty ordinary.

Ofc they were, at home after Arsenal beat them in the reverse fixture.... Bayern would plunder their bank accounts to bribe whoever in charge to win..... Arsenal literally gifted them the match like they always do. But it will be fun seeing them in europa league.

If only Bayern hadn't screwed up in London. Still think Arsenal will qualify, even though the chances aren't very high. The final game between Olympiakos and Arsenal in Greece should be tense (expecting Olympiakos to lose at Bayern and Arsenal to beat Dinamo Zagreb next).

As long as Arsenal exist in the world, no matter how bad things for Chelsea go, there's amusement guaranteed for a lifetime.

Weren't they at the top of the world, being at the top of the league (second only by GD) and smashing Bayern?

Oops

As long as Arsenal exist in the world, no matter how bad things for Chelsea go, there's amusement guaranteed for a lifetime.

Weren't they at the top of the world, being at the top of the league (second only by GD) and smashing Bayern?

Oops

HA! I called this as soon as they beat Bayern last week. They did the same a few season ago when they beat Barcelona in a first leg 2-1 and went on to get thrashed 5-0 at the Nou Camp. The setting were identical :lol:

HA! I called this as soon as they beat Bayern last week. They did the same a few season ago when they beat Barcelona in a first leg 2-1 and went on to get thrashed 5-0 at the Nou Camp. The setting were identical :lol:

Let's not forget that they also got thrashed 3-0 by a lower division team last week. It's criminal how that result has been swept under the carpet.

My Gooner dad used the injury excuse again. Walcott, Bellerin, Koscielny, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey ALL out for tonight's match, compared to their 2-0 victory a forenight ago.

Tbh, if Arsenal played the same team that faced Bayern 2 weeks ago, the result would have been difficult. I'm pretty sure of it. But still LOLOLOLOL at the Le Arse!

Ordinary's a bit of a stretch to call Tel-Aviv.

Yeah I mean you could tell they were desperately missing Walcott more than any of the others. But I didn't really understand Wenger's tactics, I've not seen Arsenal sit so deep in a while (not that I didn't love it). I still think result would've been the same though.

My Gooner dad used the injury excuse again. Walcott, Bellerin, Koscielny, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey ALL out for tonight's match, compared to their 2-0 victory a forenight ago.

Tbh, if Arsenal played the same team that faced Bayern 2 weeks ago, the result would have been difficult. I'm pretty sure of it. But still LOLOLOLOL at the Le Arse!

That's there excuse for few seasons in a row. There is something wrong with training methods or medical stuff

Gooners on the way out in the CL to Olympiakos Piraeus !
They used to come to Piraeus in previous seasons with depleted squad after having secured qualification, so helping Olympiakos go through as seconds.

This time they are against the ropes.

They need to beat Dynamo Zagreb in their next match and then a two goal win in Piraeus.

In the Emirates Olympiakos beat them 3-2. Arsenal equalized twice and then lost !
You think they are done ?

In the league it looks like one of their good seasons, as Arsenal goes.

Goddamned, Anderlecht almost fucked Tottenham for the second time in a row and then a Belgian scores the winning goal.
Annoying.

The sad reality is that a team from the English sub top has a budget that is more than 10 times larger than that of a top Belgian club that won 3 European cups and played 7 European finals (the Spurs won three as well, they actually beat Anderlecht on penalties in the 84 final, but you get the point. ;-)).

Also, has Dembele ever scored in two games in a row since let's say 2006? Muh, unlucky. :(