The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

PSG are absolutely outplaying Real Madrid at the Bernabéu, so I guess they were indeed good last year, not just us...

They were average at home against a seriously weakened Real Madrid side though. PSG surpassed Chelsea (now they even have Aurier and Di Maria) but there's no excuse for those awful performances last year.

I'll never understand how Maxwell has flown under the radar, in terms of recognition, for about a decade. Brilliant player in his prime, with a sweet left foot and wonderful technique. Ajax, Inter, Barcelona, PSG. He was only second choice at Barca because Abidal played a very specific role in the team. Even at 34 and past his prime, he's still a very good fullback. One of the better fullbacks of his generation.

Cavani has a tendency to choke at high pressure moments. A shame as he'd unquestionably be considered one of the best strikers in the world if not for that. He's a fantastic player but his finishing in general is not the best, very hot and cold.

Watched the City game, they could've scored 10. Think they had something like 25 shots.

Most people were expecting them to go there to defend a 0-0 (which would've been a decent result) but they went to attack and are now qualified. Needless to say, sadly our club would never take such an approach.

Cavani must be the biggest bottler in the business.

How can you fuck up that opportunity during injury time?!

Can't believe it, with this dude, it's never dull, especially at the biggest stage, he needs a lot of opportunities to put it behind.

Both teams have good midfields, Chelsea can't keep up with them, Kroos is a fucking monster.

Been saying that for years now. Misses too many chances to be a top striker.

So, City are the first English side to book their place in the last 16. That's somewhat unexpected. Fair play to them but in some ways, they have been fortunate that Juventus and Sevilla have been below par this season.

And we still can't quality with Tabib and Kiev in our group.

After that first defeat at home against Juventus I thought City maybe up shit creek in that group. Fair play to them, a brilliant response and if there is one side I would like to go on and win from England it would be them.

After that first defeat at home against Juventus I thought City maybe up shit creek in that group. Fair play to them, a brilliant response and if there is one side I would like to go on and win from England it would be them.

It would definitely help in the UEFA rank.

But look how far we have gone. Hoping a team from England goes far so next year we dont lose 1 UCL spot.

I remember the good days of 2004-2009ish where one English team would ALWAYS make the semis...

BAYERN 5 - 1 ARSENAL - FULL TIME

1. Lewandowski 10
  2. Müller 29
  3. Alaba 44
  4. Robben 55
  5. Müller 89
  1. Giroud 69

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/matches/live/index.html?day=4&session=2&match=2015723

Petr Cech is having a shocker. he doesn't look interested in football or goalkeeping anymore. he is just playing for the paycheck now. he couldn't be bothered.

Edited by KevinAshburner

Proper spanking. They're lucky Bayern played in 2nd gear for most of the second half. I'll admit, missing Bellerin, Koscielny, Ramsey and Walcott is very unfortunate and played a part. But Bayern were always gonna win this one comfortably.

Willian.

Proper spanking. They're lucky Bayern played in 2nd gear for most of the second half. I'll admit, missing Bellerin, Koscielny, Ramsey and Walcott is very unfortunate and played a part. But Bayern were always gonna win this one comfortably.

Willian.

Ofc they were, at home after Arsenal beat them in the reverse fixture.... Bayern would plunder their bank accounts to bribe whoever in charge to win..... Arsenal literally gifted them the match like they always do. But it will be fun seeing them in europa league.