The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

This will mean nothing to people outside the U.K. but thank fuck that's the last time we'll have to put up with Clive Tyldesley and fucking Andy Townsend. And surely I.T.V. could have got someone better then Alex Song to be a pundit i couldn't make out a word he was saying.

Friendly tomorrow will be very interesting then.

No Neymar,Hulk,Robinho,or Oscar.

Willian and Coutinho will be the creative talisman for Brazil.....Willian and Coutinho.

Robinho is in the squad I believe. But yeah, their attacking options are not so impressive without Neymar especially.

I think Juve missed a huge chance tonight. Since their goal, they were the best team by far, but what are you doing going all out for the second? i cannot understand it. How can you allow counter attacks of Messi-Suarez-Neymar? 4 vs 3, 5 vs 4, and it wasnt just once.

Barcelona are the best this season, but their game today was unconvincing especially in the 2nd half, they were there for the taking in that half, smarter approach by Juve would've at least get them to the extra time.

If i need to judge the level of Barcelona, and by that the level of the top teams, i would say there wasnt a team who was really really strong this season, and i think its quite surprsing if you look at the money investments in all the top teams.

Reasons? probably the ageing squad of Bayern, and probably also Pep's tactics who never changes and how he weakened Henykess's side, and Real's problems - changing a winning squad, injuries, Ancelotti. Barcelona are very good, but i wont say its one the greatest sides i've seen. The front 3 is amazing but thats their main thing. The Central Midfield isnt frightening or the best in the world, and their manager doesnt give them the extra you can expect from the best team in the world.

As a Chelsea fan, im more optimistic, im not sure we need aggressive changes to be in that stage next season if we'll keep improving as a team. Improving the squad cant do any harm, but i think we can see there's no unstoppable force in Europe right now.

Juve was better only during 60-70 minute. Rest was pure barca dominance with juve unable to do anything worthy.

I was dissapointed with Tevez mostly, on other hand Morata was quite great. Real Madrid are such losers lol.

Juve deserved to be in final just for their fighting spirit, but by no meaning is this team that is second best in europe. Real, Bayern, even Chelsea, Psg would rival them on another day.

They put nice performance, but should take control of game in their hands more. I think barca is weakest in defense and juve should exploit that. Instead they allowed MSN to do their magic all night. Also no Chiellini looks to be quite a loss for juve. Their defense was flying at times.

A bigger group of childish, pathetic scummy cheats has never existed.

By far the best team but still resort to diving and cheating. So disappointing.

People are still shiting on that?

How about from reverse perspective, with us parking bus in every crucial game despite having all that talent in team. No surprises so many people hate us etc. Leaves no joy for neutral fans to watch attractive football match when we do that.

Everyone has its own way of winning. Win is a win. Mou told that and you (not just you, but all chelsea fans) should know that best. If you hate the way how barca played, because they didnt play ''pure football'' or whatever, than I dont see how can you defend Chelsea tactics.

That said, what happend in semifinal 2009 when we were robbed by REF is completely different thing and I dislike barca for that ever since.

I think the result isn't fair.
In my point of view Paul Pogba should have been awarded a penalty when he was brought down in the box.
Furthermore the referee refused to give a freekick some minutes ago.

Apart from that i congratulate Barcelona for winning everything this season
Their triumphal procession in the second half of the season was pretty impressive.
I didn't see that coming...

If I'm being blatantly honest.. Juve lost because Chiellini wasn't there!

At 1-1, it looked as though Juve were on top of Barcelona for about 15 minutes or so, but if you look at that game as a whole, Barca, although they only scored three, were easily picking their pockets left, right and centre. There was no Chiellini to take the game by the scruff of the neck and give out duties during the game. Instead they had Bonucci and Barzagli, who did do their jobs well, but none of them have as much mentality as Chiellini has on the pitch!

Vidal had a poor game if I'm honest. Didn't really do much in terms of commanding the midfield. Pogba did well but it wasn't his best display.

As for Barcelona.. they were the better team throughout most of the 90 minutes and truely deserve to be winners. There is one specific thing I don't like however, about Barcelona winning, and that's because of Suarez! He's just a fucking cheat! How many times did he keep falling to the ground??

Juve was better only during 60-70 minute. Rest was pure barca dominance with juve unable to do anything worthy.

The Barca 2-1 goal didnt came from dominance, it came from a counter attack because Juve sent too many players to try and score the winning goal. I think in those minutes, you could've expect Juve to at least see this out for an extra time. In a way, Juve did a favour for Barcelona who were'nt really in the game, and were far away from creating chances in those mintues.

How about from reverse perspective, with us parking bus in every crucial game despite having all that talent in team. No surprises so many people hate us etc. Leaves no joy for neutral fans to watch attractive football match when we do that.

Everyone has its own way of winning. Win is a win. Mou told that and you (not just you, but all chelsea fans) should know that best. If you hate the way how barca played, because they didnt play ''pure football'' or whatever, than I dont see how can you defend Chelsea tactics.

That said, what happend in semifinal 2009 when we were robbed by REF is completely different thing and I dislike barca for that ever since.

I thought that he said diving and cheating. That's not playing, and if you park the bus, its still playing football by the rules.

And yes, I will hate Barca for the rest of my days, no matter what.

Tactics is irrelevant here my friend. If you win, you win in my eyes. Whether you play tiki-taka football or long ball football it doesn't matter, as long as you win. So I agree with you, but that wasn't my point at all.

My problem here is with the unneeded diving and constant cheating. There's no need for it and it just makes you as a team look pathetic.

And in case you think i'm biased I used to have a real problem with Drogba for his constant diving. Took me quite a while to come around to him after he stopped doing it so much. I hate cheating of any kind, play football any way you like but don't cheat and lie, it's just unprofessional and disrespectful. Those 2 words unfortunately sum up this Barcelona team, even though they're comfortably the best team in Europe.

While Chiellini is obviously a huge loss (one of the best CBs in the world IMO) ironically it was his replacement Barzagli who was the much better of Juve's CBs today. Bonucci and Vidal really let the team down today.