The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

They may have the occasional defensive lapse. But I don't think they are that bad that you could walk in expecting a goal for sure. They just kept Bayern out for 180 minutes. Don't think it's that weak really.

Bayern didn't offer much in either leg. Look at RM vs Dortmund. Dortmund should have scored more than the two they got.

Bayern didn't offer much in either leg. Look at RM vs Dortmund. Dortmund should have scored more than the two they got.

Real got a bit complacent in the second leg. I can understand they may have some lapses during a match but I don't think it's a big weakness. They have pace in their entire back 4. It'll be really hard to score on them.

Real got a bit complacent in the second leg. I can understand they may have some lapses during a match but I don't think it's a big weakness. They have pace in their entire back 4. It'll be really hard to score on them.

Their defence is prone to making a mistake more often than not. Their defence isn't as weak as people make out, but it weakest out of the three teams left by a long mile.

Their defence is prone to making a mistake more often than not. Their defence isn't as weak as people make out, but it weakest out of the three teams left by a long mile.

Yes I definitely agree, it's the weakest of the remaining teams, but thats almost a backhanded compliment since the other two have probably the best defences in the entire world. However, their offence is a lot better than any of the teams remaining.

Yes I definitely agree, it's the weakest of the remaining teams, but thats almost a backhanded compliment since the other two have probably the best defences in the entire world. However, their offence is a lot better than any of the teams remaining.

Defo. I guess if whoever gets to the final can stop them scoring, they will have a massive opportunity of being victorious.

the thing with Madrid is that the win against Barcelona in the copa del rey was not simply a mickey mouse trophy, it was a win of the team, its final rebirth of the season after the debacle in la liga against barca and sevilla.

Since specially the dortmund match, Isco has been showing he can indeed function deeper in the midfield with more defensive duties and midfield work, himself and the whole team have all been having 5 star games in the individual and in the team aspect of the situation.

It is no coincidence that madrid have made their mark against the tiki taka empires with a 3 match aggregate of 6-0, which would be more if the players were ultra clinical, aka perfect, aka unrealistic.

So Madrid and its players have realized like never before the importance of teamwork, no matter what game plan they have to unleash in the final, recent showings hint towards madrid being capable of anything as long as its tactics, players, are top notch, if "luck" is on their side then even better.

The fact that Alonso will be missing from the final i personally dont feel will be a big deal.

Illarramendi i trust can handle things, despite the signal iduna episode, i trust him, madrid can field a midfield with illarra, modric, di maria to more or less keep what theyve been rolling, or if parking the bus is done by other team, then isco would play instead of illarra and modric could be tried in alonso's role for the final.

Madrid has the confidence, peace of mind, equipment, and momentum for it to be considered as pretty dangerous.

Pepe and Ramos are playing the matches of their life, these men only need 90 more mins to reach the highest of dreams, they will go out with the ferocity of white tigers who havent eaten prime rib in 12 years. They have the talent to break down teams and the solidity to move up and down and counter.

Weakspots? i dont know, maybe u can still point at the cbs, but if they continue on their recent strides, then u cant.

This madrid finally defends as a team.

Madrid team is a lot better this season than last.

I was initially shocked when they sold Ozil, however, if they win la decima, than I guess I was totally wrong.. I still don't think Bale +Cristiano is as effective as Cristiano +Di Maria or Bale +Di Maria, however, their team top to bottom is actually playing like a team. Mourinho leaving Madrid was good for both sides imo. However, I personally think losing xabi will be huge in the final against atletico, however, not so much against Chelsea.

An All spanish final or Mourinho vs Carlo, ex Chelsea coach vs ex Madrid coach, its going to be exciting.

@didierforever, do you have anything to say? :rolleyes:

whatever i had said was proven in a fortnight of my saying it. moreover, whatever, i had said simply does not imply here.

pep the idiot (to think some people wanted him here) has taken the most balanced team in the world, forced his idiotic philosophy down their throats and made them into a bunch of tiki-takaing idiots. he played right into the RM tactics who have mastered the art of playing against tiki-taka by playing the masters of tiki-taka. moreover that defending on set-pieces. how the fuck has he destroyed them to such an extent?

Pep was lucky in the first game that Real did not score 3 goals, then. Bayern was completely outsmarted by Carlo, twice.

The way I saw it:

Real played a counter attack & should have scored 7 or 8 goals in these two games.

After all, Carlo had done nothing, but adapted Jose´s brand of football.

Somehow, Jose taught them well in those three years at Real.

I would not be too surprised if Pep is getting his marching orders, soon.

Even against Arsenal, I said Bayern is far from their best of last season.

Real defended excellently and showed that they can a great defense when they keep their organisation and focus. Factor in their lightening quick attack and they are by far the favourites to win it regardless of who goes through tonight.

Wow now everyone thinks Real is somekind of perfect team. Everybody knows that Real is a very good team but against Bayern who is possesion based team, they just sat deep n counter which is their natural game.

It is like us playing against Arsenal. We looked like the best team on the planet, it feels so natural

those are some very very harsh words which have actually sunk me.

i would still hope for germany to show more character than the bayern side this season has done. klose to get his record at the least would have me satisfied. :)

I am sorry to deflate you, but I always prefer to speak the truth. I'd also love Klose breaking te record. My first ever game of football was the 8-0 vs Saudi Arabia, where he scored 3. He is such a classy player and a real gent. Deserves his place in the history books as much as anyone.

Real defended excellently and showed that they can a great defense when they keep their organisation and focus. Factor in their lightening quick attack and they are by far the favourites to win it regardless of who goes through tonight.

Just like Liverpool were favorites last weeked. Chelsea/Atletico will do a job on them