The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Are you sure of it?

sure of them not taking advantage of the gifts, or sure of the penalty and incorrectly ruled offside goal? cause the replays show it was a clear penalty and barca's goal was onside

i guess time will tell if man city actually take advantage

sure of them not taking advantage of the gifts, or sure of the penalty and incorrectly ruled offside goal? cause the replays show it was a clear penalty and barca's goal was onside

i guess time will tell if man city actually take advantage

I honestly do not know what video you have got, but mine shows nothing of the sort. I use YouTube & Mozzila browser.

Barca should have about 4 goals.

Cheering for City so they have more matches. Any optimism and hope they have of advancing further than the quarters will be dashed since they'd be without two of their best players.

Alaba is just a little above average, sorry!

He is a product of an amazing team and I believe he'd fail anywhere else. Marcelo is light years ahead of him...

I don't think Boeteng, Dante and Alaba are the best individually. But as far as team work is concerned they have great chemistry and are tactically aware of each others' position.

Alaba might have the best cross in him not named Philip Lahm (fullback). Also, attacking wise, only marcelo is comparable (maybe coentrao)

(I love Marcelo btw.)

Dante was in the top bracket last season.

I guess I explained it poorly with regards to Real Madrid. I was referring to Madrid when they had Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Figo, Ronaldo, Raul, Cannavaro and the rest of the team. Individually they were the best squad at the time. To me a dream team, however they failed with every coach they had, no matter the name of the coach and experience. Barca dominated them. My point is that a great squad with poor management most likel will bring no results because of the players' major ego and expectation that the rest of their teammates would adapt to their style.

Lahm is my was always my second favor RB after Micon. I agree with you he hasn't improved under Pepe but again he is a well established player.

I don't know if Bayern is less threatening. City and Arsenal suffered in all of their first games against them. When the results didn't mean much in the group stage, Bayern was relaxed and even last night they got what they wanted with minimal effort

Real Madrid was poorly constructed and injury ridden. (I blame Perez).

Aguero has done his hamstring again!

I hate to see a player injured, especially a player of his quality, but it would be naive to say that a lengthy injury for him won't be a major boost for our title chances.

This stadium will always bring those memories of us defending like lions and then celebrating like mad

I remember, how i was on my knees before TV and just waited for the final whistle... Unforgettable night... When Nando scores, it was like a dream... I saw this goal maybe million times :wub:

Real Madrid was poorly constructed and injury ridden. (I blame Perez).

Alaba might have the best cross in him not named Philip Lahm (fullback). Also, attacking wise, only marcelo is comparable (maybe coentrao)

(I love Marcelo btw.)

Dante was in the top bracket last season.

They still had the best players in almost every single position.

As far as Alaba is concerned, I totally respect your opinion. I think he his good but I still think there are better players and he is not the best. I feel the same about Dante. By all means they are amongst the top but they are not the best. I am sure you can name more players in those positions that are INDIVIDUALLY better. But hey, still respect your opinion mate :)

They still had the best players in almost every single position.

As far as Alaba is concerned, I totally respect your opinion. I think he his good but I still think there are better players and he is not the best. I feel the same about Dante. By all means they are amongst the top but they are not the best. I am sure you can name more players in those positions that are INDIVIDUALLY better. But hey, still respect your opinion mate :)

For centerbacks, definitely.

Leftbacks is debatable, I guess technically Lahm is still the best leftback in the world.