The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Lol, wonder what he will say if Chelsea don't allow him to play then if you take away a Champions League Quarter Final from him.

You can not expect him to just take that and act like nothing happened.

I dont give a flying fuck how he will react. He is a Chelsea player and we wont use him against ourselves. He can cry all he wants, end of story!

To say Bayern are overrated, I only laugh at it. This team played as much as was needed, last night. Being up by two goals, hardly any effort was needed. Are they playing well to win it all? I am not sure about it. One thing I know for sure, I would not want Chelsea to meet them in the next round.

"In the end, we'll be unwatchable like Barca. They'll be passing it backwards on the goal-line," he told Sky.

"[My vision] is different. If I have the chance to shoot from distance, especially in front of a crowded defence, I'd take it. It's the most efficient way." - Beckenbauer.

"In the end, we'll be unwatchable like Barca. They'll be passing it backwards on the goal-line," he told Sky.
"[My vision] is different. If I have the chance to shoot from distance, especially in front of a crowded defence, I'd take it. It's the most efficient way." - Beckenbauer.

Yeah, but Beckenbaur was in a different class than him.

One thing is true, that when a team park the bus, shooting from distance is one of the best way to score.

This was something Barcelona hardly did and cost them a lot when a team park the bus against them.

And sadly this has cost us as well in certain matches where a team park the bus.

Shooting from distance is vital to score in those instances, and is something that is not done as much as today.

Notice he said, "the most efficient way", and that's what Mourinho likes. I do hope we will practice this much more in the coming season. We need to take more shoots from distance.

Pepe is actually smart, regardless if the game is enjoyable or not (because that really depends on everyone's taste), his system is very strong and has proven it can get the club a lot of championships. I guess for a fan that is all what matters. It is a different matter for neutrals, they are interested in enjoying a competitive match. But for a Barca fan or a Bayern fan, it is a great system.

Pepe is actually smart, regardless if the game is enjoyable or not (because that really depends on everyone's taste), his system is very strong and has proven it can get the club a lot of championships. I guess for a fan that is all what matters. It is a different matter for neutrals, they are interested in enjoying a competitive match. But for a Barca fan or a Bayern fan, it is a great system.

Yeah you can't argue against his record just like you can't argue against Mourinho records.

Haters will always abound.

These two are the best coaches in the world at this moment,

I said it then, and I won't walk away from what I've said when he was appointed. Pep is going to destroy this Bayern team. The entertainment is all gone. Bundesliga is a big joke and while I think they're still very, very competitive and one of the best teams in the world, that's what they are, one of the best. Last season they were absolutely the best by a fair lead and a thrilling team to watch.

If he played a more challenging league, I don't think Bayern would be doing that well. Champions League is a completely different matter, but imo he's already destroyed part of the aura Bayern had. No one looks to Bayern now the way they did last season, unless the bandwagoners and the fans.

Yeah you can't argue against his record just like you can't argue against Mourinho records.

Haters will always abound.

These two are the best coaches in the world at this moment,

Absolutely. I totally agree. Pepe's system is all about absolute dominance. The only one who had proven to exploit his system and properly counter is Mourinho. Two tactically brilliant coaches with entirely different systems. But you can also see how both require high work rate and ALOT of commitment from their players