The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Looking at Spurs fans on Twitter you'd have thought they'd overcome a 3-1 first leg deficit against a team with Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik. In reality they've overcome a bunch of Ukranian plumbers. Well done Spurs.

In other news, Rafael Benitez the 'master tactician' just managed to squeeze his multi-million pound Napoli side past someone who has managed less than 10 professional games

What manager is that?

City definitely has a chance because Barca god awful defense

But playing kolarov on the left was not about paying respect, it was an obvious gameplan because barca will dominate possesion and somebody will need to track alves.

You saw what happen when Pellegrini took kolarov out, alves started bombing forward at will, heck he even scored.

Agreed about the kolarov tactic but it should also come down to city being 10men and absolutely knaxkered towards the end.

Plus I would rather that someone like nasri havr played on the wing thus keeping alves busy om the other end of the pitxh.

Anyways, I still gove city a xhamce especially since they have nothing to lose.

Agreed about the kolarov tactic but it should also come down to city being 10men and absolutely knaxkered towards the end.

Plus I would rather that someone like nasri havr played on the wing thus keeping alves busy om the other end of the pitxh.

Anyways, I still gove city a xhamce especially since they have nothing to lose.

TBF, think Pellegrini used Kolarov on the LW also because he wanted him to bomb forward with his pace and whip in those crosses on the counter but didn't happen at all with Barcelona not committing men forward and their FBs were conservative and stayed at home and thus there were no space to break into for them. Also, I'm not sure if having Nasri on the LW would necessarily keep Alves busy because the former will always be drifiting inside anyway and I don't think Alves will be marking him all the way. Nasri drifting inside would only encourage Alves to bomb forward more (similar to when we played City in the league at the Etihad, Ivanovic was able to get forward unmarked for the goal because Silva played on his flank then, already drifted inside and was nowhere to be found when we hit them on the break) rather than keep him occupied.

• 2 weeks later...