Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

It'll be unfortunate if we never see Kakuta in a Chelsea jersey again...he's got all the talent in the world

just had some bad luck trying to find his feet on loan spells at Bolton, Fulham...

Good to see him doing well at Vitesse....would love to see him replace Marin as a squad player...but I see his future away from Chelsea.

I like Kakuta a lot....he had bad spells with Fulham and Bolton, but also successfull spells with Dijon and Vitesse. Just like most of our others youths , he never got chance...I would love to see our next manager give him a chance, along with our other young players.

When he came here I said myself this kid is something so special. There is no way he would fail and once he will be our Ronaldo. He had potential equal to Gotze, Hazard,...back then...but then he never got a real chance and since then I lost my faith in youth Chelsea player. A bright point came last year with Danny and Ryan but now one left and other is not progressing. I just dont think any of youngsters will be regular anytime soon because we have such terrible board.

When he came here I said myself this kid is something so special. There is no way he would fail and once he will be our Ronaldo. He had potential equal to Gotze, Hazard,...back then...but then he never got a real chance and since then I lost my faith in youth Chelsea player. A bright point came last year with Danny and Ryan but now one left and other is not progressing. I just dont think any of youngsters will be regular anytime soon because we have such terrible board.

A terrible board who are buying players like Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Azpi, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Courtois, Piazon, Wallace......

It could just be that Kakuta doesn't have the mental aspect to succeed at the top level?

A terrible board who are buying players like Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Azpi, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Courtois, Piazon, Wallace......

It could just be that Kakuta doesn't have the mental aspect to succeed at the top level?

When we sign Hazard or Oscar, people at club give them much more than to the likes of Kakuta, Matic,...

Hazard and others got chance right from start, playing week in week out.

Kakuta didnt even get 5 games in row to prove.

Besides dont say about mentality, Matic, Borini,...all become good seasons after leaving Chelsea. Because they started playing more. And if we are in transition period, isnt that perfect time to give youngsters a chance?

Oh and yes the board is realy nice, they even sold Danny to Lpool where he is doing very good there, surprisingly he left because of lack of play time. The 'good' board prefered King Torres to play.

Mate you try to tell everyone how great Lukaku is and that we dont even need any other striker because he scored 13 goals etc...but look again. Danny scored 9! Goals in just first half of last season. Where is he now? By looking at that he should be our main striker but hey we sold him because we didnt want to give him couple of games to play and get back in rhytm.

Same could happen to Lukaku. He will came here, he will have two bad games. The board will bench him for the rest of season and we will stick to Ba. Obviously you suggest not to buy another striker.

When we sign Hazard or Oscar, people at club give them much more than to the likes of Kakuta, Matic,...

Hazard and others got chance right from start, playing week in week out.

Kakuta didnt even get 5 games in row to prove.

Besides dont say about mentality, Matic, Borini,...all become good seasons after leaving Chelsea. Because they started playing more. And if we are in transition period, isnt that perfect time to give youngsters a chance?

Really? Matic and Borini? I'm all for giving youth a chance, but they have to be of a certain standard.

Oh and yes the board is realy nice, they even sold Danny to Lpool where he is doing very good there, surprisingly he left because of lack of play time. The 'good' board prefered King Torres to play.

It wasn't a fucking either/or choice. Liverpool didn't come to us and say we want a striker and we don't care which for fucks sake. We made our bed with the Torres deal and we had to give him a chance because we committed £100 million to him. Let's not forget Sturridge's contract was coming to an end and it was unlikely he'd re-sign, so doubling our money almost wasn't the worst thing in the world.

We also replaced him with Ba and Moses.

Mate you try to tell everyone how great Lukaku is and that we dont even need any other striker because he scored 13 goals etc...but look again. Danny scored 9! Goals in just first half of last season. Where is he now? By looking at that he should be our main striker but hey we sold him because we didnt want to give him couple of games to play and get back in rhytm.

Maybe he should have, but the Torres deal fucked us. But that's one deal - get over it. We've moved on and Danny has joined the 'humongous' club of his dreams.

And even if he'd stayed I don't know if he'd be happy with the possibility of playing second fiddle to Lukaku or Falcao - could you say for certain he'd have signed a new contract?

Same could happen to Lukaku. He will came here, he will have two bad games. The board will bench him for the rest of season and we will stick to Ba. Obviously you suggest not to buy another striker.

I don't think it will. I think Lukaku is better than Sturridge for a start and he has a better attitude.

When you call the board 'terrible' you focus on one or two players and ignore the dozen or so others we've signed in the last two years. At least try and be fair.

I don't think Kakuta lacks the mental aspect, he's just always been a confidence based player...

He needed consistent game time to keep developing and maturing. Kind of like how Matic is starting to fulfil his potential at Benfica..

As for the board, they need to put faith into youngsters from the academy and reserves...I really hope they don't screw up Chalobah's development, that kid has it all.

Really? Matic and Borini? I'm all for giving youth a chance, but they have to be of a certain standard.

It wasn't a fucking either/or choice. Liverpool didn't come to us and say we want a striker and we don't care which for fucks sake. We made our bed with the Torres deal and we had to give him a chance because we committed £100 million to him. Let's not forget Sturridge's contract was coming to an end and it was unlikely he'd re-sign, so doubling our money almost wasn't the worst thing in the world.

We also replaced him with Ba and Moses.

Maybe he should have, but the Torres deal fucked us. But that's one deal - get over it. We've moved on and Danny has joined the 'humongous' club of his dreams.

And even if he'd stayed I don't know if he'd be happy with the possibility of playing second fiddle to Lukaku or Falcao - could you say for certain he'd have signed a new contract?

I don't think it will. I think Lukaku is better than Sturridge for a start and he has a better attitude.

When you call the board 'terrible' you focus on one or two players and ignore the dozen or so others we've signed in the last two years. At least try and be fair.

Sturridge was if you ask me apart from his mentality a better player last season in first half than Lukaku is now. And he didnt suceed.

And about your call that I call the board terrible just because of two/three players. Well how many of youth players have become part of this team in last 10 years? Exactly. Either board sent them on loans for ages, lost their belief, patience...I never said board didnt bought good players, but they are terrible with youth players.

Borini and Matic are very decent players also. Could be a good squad players instead of board buying Marin and another backup DM or so...

Sturridge was if you ask me apart from his mentality a better player last season in first half than Lukaku is now. And he didnt suceed.

And about your call that I call the board terrible just because of two/three players. Well how many of youth players have become part of this team in last 10 years? Exactly. Either board sent them on loans for ages, lost their belief, patience...I never said board didnt bought good players, but they are terrible with youth players.

Borini and Matic are very decent players also. Could be a good squad players instead of board buying Marin and another backup DM or so...

The board that was in charge a decade ago isn't exactly the same one we have today, but if you think that you click your fingers, invest some money and out pops the next Messi from the academy then I'm sorry but that's not how it works. It takes time (decades!) for these things to bear fruit and right now we're seeing that. The Youth Cups, the Next Gen success, the Chalobahs, Feruzs, McEachrans etc. are just now starting to come through and now is the measure of how well we handle youth.

he has only to blame himself and his attitude... talentwise he is behind nobody his skill and his touches are defo out of this world...

it is so sad... but maybe he can kickstart from there and get to the greatness he is giftet for...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please. Please do. He created magic time and time at Vitesse. He just needs his attitude sorted out. If Jose can give him some rumoured Crespo treatment maybe this could work. We're already stacked in his position though and I can't see someone with his talent being happy with a bench role.

Please. Please do. He created magic time and time at Vitesse. He just needs his attitude sorted out. If Jose can give him some rumoured Crespo treatment maybe this could work. We're already stacked in his position though and I can't see someone with his talent being happy with a bench role.

is your picture the last airbender?