Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

Our final third options are Mata, Oscar, Hazard & Moses.

Kakuta, if he proves himself for Vitesse, could come back and add some depth to the left-side of our attack.

However, I see his future away from Chelsea.

Marin?

I see him as more of a no.10 player; wouldn't get significant minutes in that role when atleast 2 of Mata, Hazard, Oscar start each game.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/netherlands/2012/12/06/3581876/kakuta-making-remarkable-comeback-on-loan-at-vitesse-says

Well played Kakuta! Credit to Kalas, PVA and the manager for blooding them in well. They lost today, but despite that are doing excellently in the league. Can only think our players loaned to them are performing excellently.

• 4 weeks later...

Chelsea scout de Vissier on Kakuta:

"When Kakuta moved from France to London to join Chelsea, Gael was on record as a huge talent. He is a fantastic footballer with good vision.

"Kakuta has been unlucky a few times with loan spells. During the last three years he has simply had too little football. If it is such a long time between games, it takes a long time before you get into the right rhythm.

"Once Gael started in Arnhem, he had a huge delay, now with Rutten he has the chances and you see him get better week by week. But there is still another step needed."

He's definitely improving again. I think we all forget he's actually still quite young. Another season perhaps in Holland and then we'll see what happens. Definitely still has that special something in him.

He's definitely improving again. I think we all forget he's actually still quite young. Another season perhaps in Holland and then we'll see what happens. Definitely still has that special something in him.

it would be a massive bonus if he turned things round

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully he can recover himself to become part of the Oscar/Mata/Hazard standard.

TBH, i dont think hazard will stay with us for long. he probably will leave us like robben.

Robben didn't leave us, we sold him. And it was a good decision looking at his injury record. Madrid paid over the odds for him.

Robben didn't leave us, we sold him. And it was a good decision looking at his injury record. Madrid paid over the odds for him.

yeah what i meant was the club is gonna sell him probably after a few years

• 3 weeks later...

But if he keeps on doing well then instead of spending 30m on isco or anyother new player why not give him a chance?

I would love for that to happen, but I'm just saying that it's not likely. Will he get the recognition here if he keeps on performing well? Will the club give him another chance? Don't think so.

• 1 month later...

He said in The Sun: "I don't dream about Chelsea anymore - I used to, now I know better.

"I hope I can join a club like Vitesse next season, where I can play every week.

"Chelsea have far too many players. At my age I need to play regularly but if I go back I'll just get 10 minutes a month and I don't want that."

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/epl-gael-kakuta-gives-up-on-chelsea-far-too-many-players-premier-league-032213