Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

Sadly wasted Talent hearing The same attitude problems from feruz

Yes Feruz seems to have attitude problems and be arrogant from twitter evidences but he still looks a very promising player. Scored against Arsenal U21 which virtually was most of their first team squad and scored a hattrick for the Scotland Under 19, 2 years above his actual age group and has already featured for the Scotland U21 at the age of 16. Hopefully the talent keeps to grow

TBF Oscar was playing first team ball for both Sao Paulo & Internacional. Kakuta didn't get as many chances as Oscar did to mature at an early age. He said something like this in his time w/ Dijon. I counted 29 first team appearances in three years, w/ Oscar getting 47. There is a big difference there.

Granted, but it is what you make of your chances. Kakuta played for this club 16 times. That is 16 times to impress the coach. Instead he overdid everything, went for goal from distance all the while, tried to nutmeg one player too many, etc. etc. He is a very selfish individual with no idea of the team game, and that is why he was left on the Chelsea bench whilst Oscar, a purveyor of the beautifully-simple game, is a superstar at 21.

Granted, but it is what you make of your chances. Kakuta played for this club 16 times. That is 16 times to impress the coach. Instead he overdid everything, went for goal from distance all the while, tried to nutmeg one player too many, etc. etc. He is a very selfish individual with no idea of the team game, and that is why he was left on the Chelsea bench whilst Oscar, a purveyor of the beautifully-simple game, is a superstar at 21.

i agree with everything here. mentality is always key in making it at the top level. you can have all the talent in the world but with no sense of the game, you will get no where

his talent is for me without a doubt, but this is not enough, he has to keep his mind together and stard to work really hard... I still think he could be one of the finest things in football, hes got the qhysics, technique, good shoot is two footed great skills and a good eye for a pass, but his attitude is his biggest problem as it seems and untill he cant keep his head down and just let his playing do the talking we don't need him here...

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe Kakuta has found his level in the Dutch league.

He's better than the Dutch league IMO. Kid is very talented but he's just not working hard enough I think. To be a top player you need to have a great mentality, and that's what Gael's missing.

I still have a drop of faith in him, I'd love it if he could become a decent squad player.

He's better than the Dutch league IMO. Kid is very talented but he's just not working hard enough I think. To be a top player you need to have a great mentality, and that's what Gael's missing.

I still have a drop of faith in him, I'd love it if he could become a decent squad player.

Really difficult to see how he could be a squad player here with the embarrassment of final third options we have at the moment.

Really difficult to see how he could be a squad player here with the embarrassment of final third options we have at the moment.

Our final third options are Mata, Oscar, Hazard & Moses.

Kakuta, if he proves himself for Vitesse, could come back and add some depth to the left-side of our attack.

However, I see his future away from Chelsea.