Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

Great for the info on Kakuta, thanks guy.

But at this rate I wonder to myself. Would it be best he stay there for another full season or he comes back this summer?

Is he ready to make the next step like Sturridge, or another season will help him fine tune his career?

What's your thoughts?

I guess in summer it`s wheter de bruyne or him.

One of them will play for us and the other will be loaned (hopefully to a pl club or I think Hamburg is a good option too)

with the numbers I hope will leave there should be room for BOTH of them. This is the best I have felt about Gael for two years

Sturridge (IMO always) didn't make any substantial step-up at Bolton, against popular belief Coyle didn't let him develop, he merely let him display consistently what he was already capable of on a bigger stage.

Kakuta's game on the other hand is not as relied on pace and thus he cannot have the same effect Sturridge had given the same period of time (bear in mind Kakuta is 2 years younger). He has to refine his non-physical & technical skills to even think about making it at this level.

On a similar yet unrelated point the improvement that the 18yo McEachran needs to be considered a reliable (=real squad member) midfielder of a PL top 10 club is significantly bigger.

Why can't we have smart people like you at our board?

Kostas for president! blue%20scalf.gif

I agree, Coyle is overrated handling young players. After Wilshere and Sturridge they were heralded a 'star-making' facility but in reality Wilshere and Sturridge were already good players and would have made a good impression anywhere, the likes of Weiss and Kakuta had the talent but needed more focus, Bolton and Coyle did nothing to aid their development.

I agree, Coyle is overrated handling young players. After Wilshere and Sturridge they were heralded a 'star-making' facility but in reality Wilshere and Sturridge were already good players and would have made a good impression anywhere, the likes of Weiss and Kakuta had the talent but needed more focus, Bolton and Coyle did nothing to aid their development.

So who do you think it's a good manager for youth?

Brendan?

I personally like Martin O'Neill for his great work at A. VIlla.

I think we could have a very good young attacking squad next season ! Sturridge age 22 KDB age 20 Kakuta age 20 Mata age 23 Lukaku age 18 Josh Mceachran age 18 then we'll probably get a Striker, midfielder and a winger in too. Obviously not all of them will start but we have some very exciting young players we have invested in, we should keep some of the older players too like Man Utd, the older players should not not start games but having them around will be a great help. I would probably get rid of Drogba though because he's such a personality and he's intimidating, the players I'm talking about are the likes of Essien, Terry, A.cole ( even though I think Cole will be rotating with Ryan/Pat next season).

I do not have the confirmation, but he seems he will start today against Ajaccio, at 19h00 in France (so 18h00 in Uk). Still don't know whether it will be behind the striker or on the wing.

thanks ,,,keep us updated please ,,,News about him has been one of the few things lately