Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

I watched the game and Marseille dominated the whole game. They had 62% of the possession and they had double the shots on goal. Kakuta was really good though, at times he looked like he was on a different level to the rest of the 21 players on the pitch, Marseille couldn't deal with him.

@Justin I really don't know where he would play in our team. His best position is clearly behind the striker but Mata is probably going to play there next season. He could play on the wing but he would have to be a tight forward, Stephane Mbia tried to tackle Kakuta and Kakuta put it through his legs I was laughing my head off. I was very impressed by his performance because Marseille are a Champions League side and they just knocked out Inter a few days ago. They are not a poor side and they really struggled to contain him.

Is he ready to comeback to the first team lineup like Sturridge did?

Or he needs another season of loan?

I think he's ready. Either way I'm not sure another loan at Dijon would help him develop much. He often seems at a higher technical level than his teammates.

@Justin I really don't know where he would play in our team. His best position is clearly behind the striker but Mata is probably going to play there next season. He could play on the wing but he would have to be a tight forward, Stephane Mbia tried to tackle Kakuta and Kakuta put it through his legs I was laughing my head off. I was very impressed by his performance because Marseille are a Champions League side and they just knocked out Inter a few days ago. They are not a poor side and they really struggled to contain him.

Well we could finally have someone to rotate Mata out then.

Cause after Mata we got no creativity, and he can get some games...hopefully more then what Ryan should have gotten this season!

Kakuta nutmeging Grognac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ru1b0E8r8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ru1b0E8r8

Because Kakuta had a bad attitude, all I read the last months about his loan spell at Bolton is that he recognized having a bad approach of his situation. I've not read any criticism toward Coyle.

I think you're wrong, I (don't know why to be honest :lol:) watched many Bolton games and I had pleasure to follow Coyle's project even if all crashed last spring.

Kevin Davies was great until the end of last season, I don't know if you watched him this season but he is just awful. I watched Liverpool-Bolton and I was surprised by the fact he did not won aerial challenges (not even touching the ball). Then he started to leave his upfront position to try to win challenges against Enrique... I thinked then he was in a bad day but the feeling confirmed itself on the next games, he has become completely inoffensive this season. He's 35 and it's not a very surprising loss of form, he's among the ones who really lost their threatening potential from the day to the day after.

Coyle benching Davies is a completely understandable decision, when you see games you understand quite easy why. Even if N'Gog misses half of what he tries, he does not think he's Bolton's godfather like Davies used to (When Davies did perform, okay he's a cunt but also a good player... but when he's not performing he's just a shame for what we can expect from a professional)

Jääskeläinen used to be great, I really liked him for his commitment for Bolton and his determination on the pitch (I really like the Cudicini or Jussi kind of goalkeepers who are completely upset about conceiding a goal). But his form declined too, last season Coyle benched Jussi at Blackburn and when I saw it I checked on the web and it was the first time Jussi was benched whereas not injured. This season he was not as reliable as in the past anymore, and I think Bogdan has a good potential.

Bogdan is not well known, many use to think that he's the n°2. But among the ones who knows him I think he is given a harsh stick whereas he did never had perfect conditions.

He's poor in a lot of domains such as communication, influence and in the air... but I can list a lot of young goalkeepers like him at one stage of his career. First example in mind: Tim Krul: good reflexs but awful in the other domains until last season. What improvement he made...

Jääskeläinen is out of contract at the end of the season, Bolton don't have money and Coyle took the decision to froze the contracts talks to focus the players on the pitch. Jussi is 37, he's a Bolton legend but Bolton really can't afford him a new contract with maybe higher wages whereas it's obvious he's not a one for the future. If Bolton goes down it will be up to the likes of Bogdan, Eaves, Ream, Ngog to be the essential players of the starting XI

I wrote a comparison between Bolton and Blackburn and I explain Coyle struggles (injuries and key players becoming crap), but I don't mind if you don't read it, I find it myself nubearable lol

http://mypremierleag...011/12/20/2602/

Bolton could have kept Al Habsi but when Coyle said something like that last spring Jussi was still in good form whereas Al Habsi was having his first full season. I did think so then it would be silly to make 2 GK challenging for one spot (a lot of managers has this stupid idea, I don't even know if it worked somewhere in the world at every level :lol:). Al Habsi eventually chosed to stay at Wigan where he would be 100% sure to be the number one.

Bolton fans can regret this decision but it has to be clear that when the decision was to be made, the choice would not have been easy to do.

I think Coyle deserves a lot of credit, because he has playing ideas he showed at Burnley. He just adapted to the Bolton squad, but he managed to make an Allardyce team playing football for 4 or 5 months before there was too much injuries to his squad.

Really if one team is really unlucky for two years it's Arsenal, they are victims and the don't deserve it... no I'm joking. Bolton is really unlucky, with injuries of key players (Knight, Holden, Davies, Muamba last season... Coyle even played Elmander-Gardner in midfield at one stage), with key players losing their form, for the loss of Nat Lofthouse (things like that happens, but it's always harsh). For what just happened to Muamba...

Coyle is always in "I hate everybody" mood during games but he seems completely different off the pitch, what he obtains from his players is something special (Holden, Sturridge, Mark Davies, Wilshere... all had talent but lacked a good context to shine).

Great post!

I can agree with Davies but i think BW could use some of his experience and love for the club in this stage of the PL but a 35 year old need to get more time on the pitch so he can perform under a longer time. Maybe it is because I really like the guy.. Cunt? No way... ;) Not weird that they are in the bottom of the leauge with Ngog as mainstriker compared with Elmander-Sturridge last season.

Sure Bogdan has potential but Jussi is just a better goalkeeper on every stage.. Dont think Bolton can afford to gamble with Adam in the important last games of the season.

Cant see Bolton being relegated to Championship IF Holden and Lee would have been available for the whole season..

Hope Bolton can make it though! Blackburn, Wolves and QPR can go instead. Totaly agree that Coyle is a fantastic coach and I hope Bolton doesnt fire him at the end of the season.