Fulham - Opposition Views 3

Steve

The Rock from FriendsOfFulham.com kindly answered some questions on Tonight's Premier League clash with Fulham at Craven Cottage!

- Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to answer the questions. We will start the interview with an easy question, how long have you supported Fulham for? 10 years + since I was interested in football, only team I ever supported.

- Fulham have been on a good run of form, winning your last two games. It is always pleasing to see, do you think your season has been successful and where do you think you could of improved? Top 10 is a success. We lack consistency. Been rebuilding under Jol so trying to be patient, though pleased.

- The last time we met at Stamford Bridge, Fulham came away with a 1-1 draw. Would you be happy with a similar result? I'd take a draw but gun to head I'd fancy our chances vs. you. Chelsea is a Europa league team now and slipped a bit. We win and we are side by side in the table, which puts us at full value tbh.

- Chelsea's defense has been a bit up and down as of late, we have let in some very sloppy goals. Do you think you will pressure us into making the same mistake or will you sit back and wait for the right times to attack? We will cause you some problems IF we show up.

- What are your thoughts on Fernando Torres, he has been playing some great football for Chelsea in recent weeks and in slowly finding form again, do you think he will start finding the net on a more regular basis? Torres is one of the best. It's too bad he went missing for you as he is much more than we could afford.

- Clint Dempsey scored against us in our last game, and has been on a great run of form scoring twice on the weekend and was so close to getting a hatrick. Do you think he will be a big contributor to you again this time round and do you think he will still be a Fulham player next season? Yes. 75% chance he's still at Fulhman next year.

- Damian Duff was an outstanding contributor to Chelsea's successful run between 2003-06, how has our old boy been playing for Fulham? Duff was great in our Europa League run to the final, and has recently put in some great performances when called upon. A little confidence does him a world of wonder, and Newcastle was not right for him.

- If you had to pick one Chelsea player to join Fulham, who would it be and for what reason? Sturridge. We are rebuilding and bringing in young talent. He's really quite good.

- Looking at your current squad, which player has been your stand out player this season and if you had to choose one player that you would think would make an impact at Chelsea who would it be and why? Dempsey of course. Because he's probably better right now than any of your midfielders.

- Finally, what do you think the final score will be in our very important Premier League encounter? 2-1 to Fulham. I'm not quite sure how important this is - at this point both of us are playing for league position (unless you really care about the Europa league).

Sidenote: Hope I don't sound harsh - I don't mind Chelsea at all. There are some teams and supporters who I find disrespectful and Chelsea isn't one of them. Good luck after our match of course.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days