The Walking Dead

Just wondered if anyone is into the Walking Dead series or the graphic novels and what you thought of them. Ive been loving the first 2 series and ive just blitzed my way through the majority of the novels in the last week or so (they are actually comics more than novels) and have absolutely loved them. I would recomend them to anyone even if your not into zombies or horror because the story itselfisnt primarily about the zombis apocolypse but more how people react to the changing world, what it does to them and how their ethics and morals can change to the extreme. The series does have most of the same characters as the books but it only roughly follows the story line as the books are a lot darker a even more brutal. Anyway really looking forward to season 3 coming out in October and sorry if this has been put up somewhere before, i looked but it seemed clear to go.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the telly series when it aired here last year. Don't remember the character names but the sub-plot of the police sergeant's wife and his best friend's affair after they think he's dead is brilliant television. Lots of emotional tension - betrayal, trust, compassion, etc. Love how they try to portray the change in dynamics of human relations when faced with a survival threat.

I loved the telly series when it aired here last year. Don't remember the character names but the sub-plot of the police sergeant's wife and his best friend's affair after they think he's dead is brilliant television. Lots of emotional tension - betrayal, trust, compassion, etc. Love how they try to portray the change in dynamics of human relations when faced with a survival threat.

Yeah thats what its ultimately about, how people react and change to a new world that leaves them with constant threat and how their morals significantly change. The books are so much more indepth and much MUCH more brutal. You should honestly try and read them if you can.

Love it, gutted it's off air, but the third season comes out october and it's meant to be really good. That Governor dude sounds like a right arse hole, Shane seems to be an angel compared to him.

Spoiler Alert!

It's been announced that black guy in the first episode returns in the third season.

Love it, gutted it's off air, but the third season comes out october and it's meant to be really good. That Governor dude sounds like a right arse hole, Shane seems to be an angel compared to him.

Spoiler Alert!

It's been announced that black guy in the first episode returns in the third season.

The guvernor is BAD but i cant see the series replicating just how bad he is in the books. Morgan does come back in the book (the black guy i think your talking about)but ive heard nothing about him in the series but Michonne ( the hooded,sword wielding one with the zombies chained to her) is a great character and will be looking forward to seeing her. Seriously you should check the books out Sloth, if you like the series the graphic novels will blow you away. Im not into comics and stuff like this but its really got me hooked.

The guvernor is BAD but i cant see the series replicating just how bad he is in the books. Morgan does come back in the book (the black guy i think your talking about)but ive heard nothing about him in the series but Michonne ( the hooded,sword wielding one with the zombies chained to her) is a great character and will be looking forward to seeing her. Seriously you should check the books out Sloth, if you like the series the graphic novels will blow you away. Im not into comics and stuff like this but its really got me hooked.

And they announced it on the talking dead, i'm not going by comics, appearently his son is a zombie, which is a shame. I heard about the Michonne charactor, should be interesting. We need new charactors in to replace Dale and such, and i think T Dog desperately needs a storyline, he has done nothing for a full season now besides when he got his arm cut, it's like he's invisible.

I don't know i think they will do the governor good, i've seen the person who they've picked, the dude looks really evil, looks like a good part, can't say he looks exactly like the person in the comic book, but does he have to?. But who knows they might still try and do that, and who knows what he will look like with an eye patch and a make over.

And i think i'll have to read those comic books, they sound interesting, can't wait till the walking dead is back on... it's actually the only thing i've watched, i don't watch TV or any programmes, but The Walking Dead i just can't stop watching.

i loooove this series, This is a must watch, for those who havent you're missing out!

(Spoiler Alert) and i thought shane was one of the main characters and then next thing you know rick kills him... :D serves him right!

cant wait who they cast as this michonne, MUST be a badass chick :ph34r2: btw does anyone know what ethnicity she is? i kinda image her being hispanic.... dont know why..

i loooove this series, This is a must watch, for those who havent you're missing out!

(Spoiler Alert) and i thought shane was one of the main characters and then next thing you know rick kills him... :D serves him right!

cant wait who they cast as this michonne, MUST be a badass chick :ph34r2: btw does anyone know what ethnicity she is? i kinda image her being hispanic.... dont know why..

Lol i know right, but that's the thing i love about the walking dead, it gets straight to the point, rather than stretching things like most sitcoms, dramas etc.

SPOILER

Like i thought it would take about 5 episodes till Lori found out Rick wasn't dead, i thought Shane would be in it for a few more seasons, i thought he would get back on track and normal then go back to his old self. Same goes for the secret about Lori was pregnent and it could be Shanes, i thought that wouldn't be found out till like season 5 or something lmao, but The Walking Dead gets straight to it!. Oh and the secret about what the scientist told him, I like how they've done it though, it makes it more unexpected, where you can pretty much now read stuff like that, and they stretch on for ever, like those storylines what stretch on forever.

I can see Lori dying in the next season, or when ever she has the baby anyway, the fans already hate her and i can't see her lasting, everyones been wanting her dead lmao cause of what she has done to Rick, infact it was partially her fault about Shane twisting, she said it wasn't his fault and he believed her and went to go kill rick.

Lol i know right, but that's the thing i love about the walking dead, it gets straight to the point, rather than stretching things like most sitcoms, dramas etc.

SPOILER

Like i thought it would take about 5 episodes till Lori found out Rick wasn't dead, i thought Shane would be in it for a few more seasons, i thought he would get back on track and normal then go back to his old self. Same goes for the secret about Lori was pregnent and it could be Shanes, i thought that wouldn't be found out till like season 5 or something lmao, but The Walking Dead gets straight to it!. Oh and the secret about what the scientist told him, I like how they've done it though, it makes it more unexpected, where you can pretty much now read stuff like that, and they stretch on for ever, like those storylines what stretch on forever.

I can see Lori dying in the next season, or when ever she has the baby anyway, the fans already hate her and i can't see her lasting, everyones been wanting her dead lmao cause of what she has done to Rick, infact it was partially her fault about Shane twisting, she said it wasn't his fault and he believed her and went to go kill rick.

yeah, i can see why they hate her,i don't really care about Lori. <_<

The character that has really grown on me are Glenn(Actually i liked glenn from the start he's so nice) Daryl(i don't really know how and why) and Andrea, hence why i got so anxious when she got left behind, i was sure that Andrea would die because it showed everybody else gathering on the highway and scenes of her running from walkers. Thank god michonne saved her.

Sloth,do you know if this michonne chick is a good guy or a bad guy....or a bad ass good guy??(i love these types :getin: ).

oh and what does she look like? you read the comics right?

I really can't wait till the series starts again..

michonne is black mate

The character that has really grown on me are Glenn(Actually i liked glenn from the start he's so nice) Daryl(i don't really know how and why) and Andrea, hence why i got so anxious when she got left behind, i was sure that Andrea would die because it showed everybody else gathering on the highway and scenes of her running from walkers. Thank god michonne saved her.

Sloth,do you know if this michonne chick is a good guy or a bad guy....or a bad ass good guy??(i love these types :getin: ).

michonne is good, she's been out on her own for months in the books when she meets up with the group. In the books she is one of the best killers as far as zombies are concerned and ends up one of the long serving characters. There are several real great warriors throughout the book but she stands out. Gets a pretty rough time (understatement) at the hands of the governor. The series doesn't stick rigidly to the comics tho so its hard to tell how much will be replicated, for instance in the book shane gets killed by Carl early on, dale and Andrea are an item, t dog and daryl dont exist and so on. The prison you seen in the end of season 2 is a major storyline in the books. But ultimately this next series will be ( if they follow the Rick grimes story) about Rick beginning to unravel mentally and get much much darker. As I say this is only stuff as far as the books are concerned, I don't read up too much on spoilers and things and maybe we should keep them out of here too. There's any amount of places online you can get spoilers and I for one don't want to know the series plans (stupid having read the books I know but I love the surprises so far). Please feel free to ask anything you want to kbow about the books and ill be happy to answer. Bribg on series 3

michonne is good, she's been out on her own for months in the books when she meets up with the group. In the books she is one of the best killers as far as zombies are concerned and ends up one of the long serving characters. There are several real great warriors throughout the book but she stands out. Gets a pretty rough time (understatement) at the hands of the governor. The series doesn't stick rigidly to the comics tho so its hard to tell how much will be replicated, for instance in the book shane gets killed by Carl early on, dale and Andrea are an item, t dog and daryl dont exist and so on. The prison you seen in the end of season 2 is a major storyline in the books. But ultimately this next series will be ( if they follow the Rick grimes story) about Rick beginning to unravel mentally and get much much darker. As I say this is only stuff as far as the books are concerned, I don't read up too much on spoilers and things and maybe we should keep them out of here too. There's any amount of places online you can get spoilers and I for one don't want to know the series plans (stupid having read the books I know but I love the surprises so far). Please feel free to ask anything you want to kbow about the books and ill be happy to answer. Bribg on series 3

yeah i agree to keep spoilers out of here,it takes the suspense off watching the series.

ooh..one thing i wanna ask is on the end of the 2 series you see michonne holding those 2 zombies.. what are they for exactly?

Alright series.

I always wonder what happen to the black guy from the first season, and also the guy that cut his hand in the roof to scape.

And I saw the last episode, and at the end I was like WTF???? At the end when the lady is running by herself from the zombies in the woods and someone with a hood comes with a sword and like 2 zombies attach to him/her. I mean what in the world was that?

I haven't read the comics but know what happens, and i am sure michonne is a good person, and she falls in love with some American football player (who later joins the group with his daughter and daughters boyfriend), i think he's a nba player actually... can't really remember. And i don't know what she looks like, and Daryl is great, no way can you kill Daryl off!, it would be criminal, i wonder when his brother returns in it.

yeah i agree to keep spoilers out of here,it takes the suspense off watching the series.

ooh..one thing i wanna ask is on the end of the 2 series you see michonne holding those 2 zombies.. what are they for exactly?

because she has been out on her own she took the 2 zombies (ill not tell you who they are in case its part of the story ) cut the arms and jaws off them and leads them around to mix in with the zombies without being noticed too much.