West Ham Vs Chelsea

DavidEU

735.png
West Ham V Chelsea

After losing the previous game at Wembley to Spurs in the Carling Cup Final, Avram Grant's Chelsea are in for a tough test against the side that have beaten both Liverpool and Manchester United at Upton Park this season.

Last year's corresponding fixture saw the Blue's win 4-1, with goals from Salomon Kalou, Didier Drogba and a brace from Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Joe Cole's goal to nil gave Chelsea the three points when the sides met at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season.

Discuss.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always seem to beat Wet Spam by a few goals at Upton Park, though with Spurs showing how shit we've been recently I won't be surprised if they give it a right go. I fancy us to come through 2-0, perhaps with Anelka starting to show why we paid £15million for him.

We always seem to beat Wet Spam by a few goals at Upton Park, though with Spurs showing how shit we've been recently I won't be surprised if they give it a right go. I fancy us to come through 2-0, perhaps with Anelka starting to show why we paid £15million for him.

wish'd i felt as confident mate, spammers are always up for it agaist us and the way we've been playing of late i dont' fancy us to beat anybody.

as for scoring, this has been a worry all season, when was the last time we scored 2 goals (lets not include huddersfield a) this is not just down to poor performances by the strikers it's because grunt won't commit the midfied forward, he's to scared :censored:

regards:JBD

the way we're playing atm its not gonna be easy and we certainly wont be winning by a score like 4-1. if we're lucky, we'll just get any kind of goal and hang on. will be tight, i cant see us losing tho. either 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 to us. i still expect we'll get the 3pts. If we dont, then the league's over even tho i think its over anyway. It'll just make it more difficult.

Definitely an important result. We're either in a bit of a freefall, that West Ham will try and exploit, or we're going to bounce back with a vengeance. Either way will be a few cards and tackles flying about. Team selection/omissions will be interesting.

Definitely an important result. We're either in a bit of a freefall, that West Ham will try and exploit, or we're going to bounce back with a vengeance. Either way will be a few cards and tackles flying about. Team selection/omissions will be interesting.

question, should be interesting then to see who he picks as the team...that's of course if he does indeed pick the team.

mind you only an absolute cunt would've picked that team sunday so it was definately grunt.

to show any sort of knowhow what team should he pick??

Edited by josesbluediamonds

question, should be interesting then to see who he picks as the team...that's of course if he does indeed pick the team.

mind you only an absolute cunt would've picked that team sunday so it was definately grunt.

to show any sort of knowhow what team should he pick??

He should fuck off and go pick Fantasy Football teams.

I would play these;

.......................CECH.........................

BELETTI....TERRY.........CARVALHO........COLE

.....................MAKALELE........................

.......BALLACK...................LAMPARD........

J COLE............ANELKA..........MALOUDA

I would have Drogba to come on round 60 mins regardless of whether Anelka had done the business, and SWP and Kalou as ammunition to open them up if struggling. Again would bring on Kalou 70-75th minute replacing Malouda regardless of how the game is going. Essien or Mikel to replace Ballack/ Maka as required. Job fucking done.

He should fuck off and go pick Fantasy Football teams.

I would play these;

.......................CECH.........................

BELETTI....TERRY.........CARVALHO........COLE

.....................MAKALELE........................

.......BALLACK...................LAMPARD........

J COLE............ANELKA..........MALOUDA

I would have Drogba to come on round 60 mins regardless of whether Anelka had done the business, and SWP and Kalou as ammunition to open them up if struggling. Again would bring on Kalou 70-75th minute replacing Malouda regardless of how the game is going. Essien or Mikel to replace Ballack/ Maka as required. Job fucking done.

yeah mate gotta agree it looks like a nicely ballanced side.

just let's see how close old dickhead get's to it :thumbsdown: ...no where near it i'll wager.

West Ham 1-0 Chelsea... I'm feeling pessimistic.

Even if you are feeling as such, as a true Chelsea fan it is always good to make possitive statements to yield possitive results. well i tell you Chelsea is winning that match 2 goals clear.

We should win but then again this is Grant land,anything can happen.Doubt it'll be a 4-1 win like last season.

Hmmmm 2-0.Frank or Joe just because :D 102! and Analka because just because!

Nice one there. i really feel you. at least 2 goals marginal defeat to west ham.

Even if you are feeling as such, as a true Chelsea fan it is always good to make possitive statements to yield possitive results. well i tell you Chelsea is winning that match 2 goals clear.

Of course that's what my heart is telling me! :blue scalf:

My head begs to differ :thumbsdown:

February has been a very crappy month for us, our only win comming at Huddersfield at a time when we had clawed our back into contention. This game is now very important for the club this season i feel. There are only 2 ways i would go with team selection on this one:

..................................Cech..................................

Belletti................Terry........Carvalho............A.Cole

J.Cole.......Ballack/Lamps...Mikel/Essien..........Kalou

.........................Drogba.....Anelka.........................

Or

..................................Cech...................................

Belletti................Terry........Carvalho.............A.Cole

..................................Mikel...................................

.................Ballack/Lampard...................................

.......................................Wright-Phillips..................

J.Cole...........................................................Kalou

.............................Drogba/Anelka..........................

Basically we have to put together a team that will work and not one just cobbled together of certain players and hoping it works!!!

Cech

Belletti JT Riccy Bridgey

Ballack Maka Frank

Kalou Drogba J.Cole

Thats what i'd go for, but you never know with Grant :(

Cant see us winning this to be honest. They've beaten Liverpool and Utd at home this season. 1-1.

And were rather fortunate on both occassions. Lampard and Joe always seem to score against the Spam anyway.

February has been a very crappy month for us, our only win comming at Huddersfield at a time when we had clawed our back into contention. This game is now very important for the club this season i feel. There are only 2 ways i would go with team selection on this one:

..................................Cech..................................

Belletti................Terry........Carvalho............A.Cole

J.Cole.......Ballack/Lamps...Mikel/Essien..........Kalou

.........................Drogba.....Anelka.........................

Or

..................................Cech...................................

Belletti................Terry........Carvalho.............A.Cole

..................................Mikel...................................

.................Ballack/Lampard...................................

.......................................Wright-Phillips..................

J.Cole...........................................................Kalou

.............................Drogba/Anelka..........................

Basically we have to put together a team that will work and not one just cobbled together of certain players and hoping it works!!!

see we've only had a few postings and they all conflict with one and another, that suggest to me that we're playing right into silly bollocks hands, if we cant agree how the fuck can we expect him to know what to do.

one thing i do believe is as of now 4 4 2 is not the way to play, maybe next season with a proper manager, and someone who'll have a chance to experiment, but i do quite like the idea of anleka and the drog up front that's of course if he's here for next season :eyebrows:

Edited by josesbluediamonds