UEFA Super Cup : '98

France

1995-2002

Appearances: 55

Goals: 4

FIFA World Cup: '98

UEFA European Championship: '00

FIFA Confederations Cup: '01

Leboeuf is listed as a Chelsea Legend on the Official CFC website. Here is what they have to say:

"
A stylish French defender, Frank Leboeuf was one of the first wave of foreigners to light up the Premier League in the mid-1990s.

Intelligent and composed, Leboeuf won both the World Cup and European Championship while a Chelsea player, and was a regular scorer of penalties and long-range goals during his time with the club which lasted 204 games over five years.

Leboeuf arrived from Strasbourg in the summer of 1996, and would go on to forge an effective partnership with Marcel Desailly in the centre of defence during one of Chelsea's most successful periods.

The FA Cup in 1997 was followed by the League Cup, the Uefa Cup Winners Cup and the Uefa Super Cup a year later, all won with clean sheets, as was the FA Cup again in 2000, the last final at the old Wembley.

Leboeuf returned to France with Marseille in 2001 before finishing his career in Qatar. He has since pursued a career in the film industry

. "

Lately Leboeuf has been featured as a regular pundet on ESPN Soccernet Presspass. He always has something insightful to say about Chelsea (and Olympique de Marseille) and always gives his heartfelt support.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On Soccer AM this morning.

Absolute massive respect to him, saying winning the FA Cup with Chelsea was more special to him than winning the World Cup. Apparently he was on his knees for Drogba's penalty in Munich.

What a legend.

I know it is nice to think like this... but I think he is telling a lie. World Cup is the biggest in football. FA Cup, anybody in England can win. Portosmouth win FA not long back.

I know it is nice to think like this... but I think he is telling a lie. World Cup is the biggest in football. FA Cup, anybody in England can win. Portosmouth win FA not long back.

He only played a little bit of the '98 WC so maybe he felt like a small part of it. He did start the final but only because of injuries.

• 8 months later...