• Torres
    • (SUB) Cahill
    • (SUB) Ramires
    • (SUB) Malouda

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone who voted for torres actually watch the game? it was the worst hes played in a while but just happened to get a goal at the end. His touch was awful and he looked tired. I thought mata was our best player.

One Goal and Two Assists. I think we may have lost without him...

A win is a win is a win is a win.

I was so mad it was unbelievable when they came with 2-2, just so underserved and out of nothing they do that, and our shit defence easily pressured. So happy they managed to come back, haven't been so mad in a long time, especially against that shower of shit called Aston Villa.

Torres coming 2nd is criminal, the amount of chances he missed and gave away, he was really poor, don't care what the stats say. I couldn't give it to Ivanovic either for his awful defending on Villa's equaliser, the only one i can give it to is Mata tbf...

but i chose Malouda, because at the end of the day it's the thought what counts, and in my head i imagined Malouda playing well, though realistically he didn't, so he gets my vote, well done Florent.

The win against Villa is nothing really to be proud of.The fact that we allowed them to score 2 goals and be level 2-2 for sometime was quite disappointing to say the least.Benfica will be a far better team than Villa and it vital that our players don't show any signs of complacency.Benfica are capable of defeating us and I am sure they will bring their A game to Stamford Bridge.

I swear some people aren't satisfied if we're not winning 7-0 every match. Shocks me sometimes.

We had all of this when we beat stoke, glad we won BUT bla bla bla, i think people need to understand that the prem gets tougher and tougher every year and we actually beat villa, one of our recent bogey teams. As for going for the troat for 90 min, i think it is wise to play according to the game, 2 up (was slack defending) we dont want we CANT have any injurys, we are playing every 3 days at the moment, we needed to pul;l it out of the bag against napoli and we did, early goal wednesday control the game catch them on the break, hello UCL semi ............... CAREFREE

I swear some people aren't satisfied if we're not winning 7-0 every match. Shocks me sometimes.

Would rather us win 1-0 and play brilliantly, beautifully and above expectations in every field of the game than win 7-0 against a shit side in the most unconvincing matter,

At the end of the day, its 3 points.

Still absolutely raged that Mata played

Torres coming 2nd is criminal, the amount of chances he missed and gave away, he was really poor, don't care what the stats say. I couldn't give it to Ivanovic either for his awful defending on Villa's equaliser, the only one i can give it to is Mata tbf...

but i chose Malouda, because at the end of the day it's the thought what counts, and in my head i imagined Malouda playing well, though realistically he didn't, so he gets my vote, well done Florent.

I'm guessing this is a sarcastic post but from some posts i have seen recently i can never be too sure.

Having watched the game again with ease( :lol:) this time, want to point out a couple of things:

1. Collins's goal. Well, think it has been well pointed out that it was a poor defending overall from us. To concede a goal from a throw-in like that when we usually deal with Stoke's one quite comfortably was just pathetic but what was Cech doing?! When Lichaj launched that throw, he came off his line only to retreat back 1-2 seconds later and when Collins headed the goal towards the net, he couldn't get back in time to make the save. Had he just stay on his line, think he would have definitely prevented Collins's header from going in!

2. Ivanovic's 2nd goal. Thought it was a real good assist from Torres but found it slightly funny that he started of standing beside Shay Given only to quickly run towards the near post to provide the flick on for Ivanovic to score. Nothing much but just found it hilarious. :P

3. Albrighton. This is arguably a hindsight comment but thank goodness he didn't start the game. He was extremely lively after he came on and was Villa's main threat since then. Even then though, thought we looked lost and didn't know how to deal with him. Ivanovic should have probably got more protection on the right hand side but he defended poorly against him and allowed to drill that cross in for Lichaj to score. There was also another moment where Albrighton went down the byline and Ivanovic just stood off him(like he did against Giggs in Feb) and allowed the cross to be put in! Then, when Albrighton cuts inside to his right foot, nobody closed him down and he was given plenty of time and space to put some real dangerous crosses into the back post! It was the same case in the 3-3 draw last season when his floated cross allowed Ciaran Clark to score that equalizer and it appears that we still have not learned for that!!

[Post Match] Aston Villa 2-4 Chelsea: In this thread, people who watched the game talk like they didn't watch the game

Some odd points of view in here...

Entitled Chelsea fans, all the goals or bust.

3. Albrighton. This is arguably a hindsight comment but thank goodness he didn't start the game. He was extremely lively after he came on and was Villa's main threat since then. Even then though, thought we looked lost and didn't know how to deal with him. Ivanovic should have probably got more protection on the right hand side but he defended poorly against him and allowed to drill that cross in for Lichaj to score. There was also another moment where Albrighton went down the byline and Ivanovic just stood off him(like he did against Giggs in Feb) and allowed the cross to be put in! Then, when Albrighton cuts inside to his right foot, nobody closed him down and he was given plenty of time and space to put some real dangerous crosses into the back post! It was the same case in the 3-3 draw last season when his floated cross allowed Ciaran Clark to score that equalizer and it appears that we still have not learned for that!!

Villa fans don't rate him atall.

"many have struggled against arsenal .. but its true Hutton has done ok in the last batch of games.

. others on the pictch have been so much worse.. ALLBRIGHTON, HESKY , to name 2, why does allbrighton get no stick from villa fans,. he is woefull ,, i cannot understand how on earth he ever became a professsional footballer "

"Don't know why Albrighton gets let off the hook with some seriously shoddy play. Maybe 'cause everyone loves a trier? Not sure. Of late, he's been poor and couldn't cross a cheque. I don't think he's going to fulfil his early promise but have to wonder what they do with him in training; whatever it is, it isn't working."

"Allbrighton ,, i just dont understand it at all,, he is nowhere near a prem player and within 2 years will be a tamworth player,, sorry if that sound harsh ,, but watch him closely. he is a headless chicken with no skill,tricks,composure ,no postional sense,no shot.no nothing really!!!!!,, he is a local lad so he gets away with it and thats not right in my book"

"Nah, Rocky, you're right. If Albrighton's current form continues I agree he'll be sliding down the leagues faster than a snake down a ladder.

I was just wondering why he's spared the slack 'cause he hasn't made any progress since becoming a first team regular."

"he had two good games that i can remember! as i said local lad, no other reason ,, i tweeted him last week and he gave me dogs abuse back,which ended my support of marc"

"Think was Marc was a breath of fresh air last season and the Holte was always behind him when he stepped on the pitch. Now he just hasnt lived up to what he started and hs gone backwards. If he keeps this up he will be gone sooner or later...."

http://www.avillafan.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8665&st=15

@Tomo: Well, I was just pointing out the effect that he had on the game after he came on and not his overall performances at Villa. Nonetheless, interesting comments from their fans but I know some Chelsea fans do really fate Albrighton. He provides a lot to what we desperately need on the flanks - pace, a bit of trickery, directness & accurate crosses. My take on why he has probably been average at Villa is because he's not being given a really good run of games. He's been in and out of the side I believe and don't think McLeish trusts him a lot especially defensively which he can be a bit of a suspect. That said, still think he's one of the bright English talents around.

@Tomo: Well, I was just pointing out the effect that he had on the game after he came on and not his overall performances at Villa. Nonetheless, interesting comments from their fans but I know some Chelsea fans do really fate Albrighton. He provides a lot to what we desperately need on the flanks - pace, a bit of trickery, directness & accurate crosses. My take on why he has probably been average at Villa is because he's not being given a really good run of games. He's been in and out of the side I believe and don't think McLeish trusts him a lot especially defensively which he can be a bit of a suspect. That said, still think he's one of the bright English talents around.

I wasn't picking your opinion out or anything i just remember seeing it the other day and thinking now's a good time to mention it while were on the subject :)

I was thinking the same about you with Albrighton i do rate him and actually wouldn't have minded us signing him, but those opinions from the Villa fans is quite alarming.

I wasn't picking your opinion out or anything i just remember seeing it the other day and thinking now's a good time to mention it while were on the subject :)

No worries. Was just clarifying it a bit. :)

I was thinking the same about you with Albrighton i do rate him and actually wouldn't have minded us signing him, but those opinions from the Villa fans is quite alarming.

Well, it's the same as us rating McEachran highly while he's being criticized by the Swansea fans.

What have they been saying?

1. Too lightweight (very true anyway)

2. Neat and tidy but lacked the cutting edge in the passes

3. Does not take much risks in his passing

4. Gets robbed of the ball too easily

And among others as well. Then again, he has hardly played at Swansea. Only seem to feature in games that they lose and when they're winning Rodgers hardly uses him at all!

1. Too lightweight (very true anyway)

2. Neat and tidy but lacked the cutting edge in the passes

3. Does not take much risks in his passing

4. Gets robbed of the ball too easily

And among others as well. Then again, he has hardly played at Swansea. Only seem to feature in games that they lose and when they're winning Rodgers hardly uses him at all!

I did fear this would happen, there midfield was already established and perfoming, we should imo have put a clause if he didn't get a certain amount of playing time he can be recalled. We could have done with him with this run of games we have.