• Torres
    • (SUB) Cahill
    • (SUB) Ramires
    • (SUB) Malouda

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed that we nearly gave that away and also disappointed that we conceded two but all that matters is the three points nowadays.

Mata wasn't at his best but Villa failed to deal with him the whole game, they failed to pick him up and gave him too much space. Mata was essential today in linking up our attacks and we played some nice stuff at times.Torres is playing well while not playing at his best if that makes sense but it was a great finish from him, just seen on Facebook that he's got three goals and four assists in his last five games. Decent. He also plays better when Mata is playing behind him.

I'll say it again, the best thing Di Matteo has done is that he's handled the squad brilliantly, something AVB completely failed with. It's good to see the likes of Kalou and Mikel play, yeah they shouldn't be starting every week but they're both decent squad players. Mikel wasn't amazing today but he did a good job I thought, Kalou played a part in the first goal and he also offers us more width.

Decent three points

Mikel got my MOTM vote, think he broke villas play up nice, neatly, simple football today.

With the fixture list piling up, i think we are playing the right kind of football, dictate the pace of the game, stepped up when we needed to and got the 3 points, very slack defending on both goals and thought the villa park curse was showing its ugly head but stayed with stepped up a gear and got the win, good solid display (apart from 2 goals) got heads back together and done the job... CAREFREE

Supporting Chelsea is never good for one's health is it? Always making life more difficult than it actually should!

Pleased to get the win today and very happy to see Torres breaking his drought but not happy with the overall team performance. Went 2-0 up comfortably, got sloppy and suddenly it became 2-2. Great to see us scoring 2 more in the end but on another day, this could be easily 2 points dropped or worse!

Remember 3 years ago under Hiddink? Hammered Liverpool 3-1 in the Champions League QF 1st leg and we played Bolton few days later. Strolled into a 4-0 lead, got sloppy and ended up just scrapping to a 4-3 win. Similar thing occuring again. Won 1-0 at Benfica and now this at Villa. This better serve as a warning to the team not to get sloppy. Will get punished by Benfica if we slip into complacency next Wednesday!

Torres's goal was a quality finish, it's amazing how he couldn't finish the first one.

The first chance was no excuse what so ever, should of been scored, great ball from David Luiz, the other 2 chances, well unfortuantely for Torres they were great defending, but you would still expect Torres to pick something out, like actually aim the ball instead of just kicking it straight there when defenders are about. But anyway still got the goal at the end and it was a good finish.

Supporting Chelsea is never good for one's health is it? Always making life more difficult than it actually should!

Pleased to get the win today and very happy to see Torres breaking his drought but not happy with the overall team performance. Went 2-0 up comfortably, got sloppy and suddenly it became 2-2. Great to see us scoring 2 more in the end but on another day, this could be easily 2 points dropped or worse!

Remember 3 years ago under Hiddink? Hammered Liverpool 3-1 in the Champions League QF 1st leg and we played Bolton few days later. Strolled into a 4-0 lead, got sloppy and ended up just scrapping to a 4-3 win. Similar thing occuring again. Won 1-0 at Benfica and now this at Villa. This better serve as a warning to the team not to get sloppy. Will get punished by Benfica if we slip into complacency next Wednesday!

Oh god I remember the Liverpool one.Cousin put a bet on for Liverpool to win by whatever scoreline,gave us the slip at Easter.We were kinda hahahaha put it away and then forgot where.Then at half time during that game trying look for the sodding thing cause it did look like whatever the result put down was gana happen

But hopfully come Weds,things be sorted.No crazy defensive mistakes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very good win this. Credit to Villa, well defended against Torres in the beginnig and almost making it back into it. But more importantly, this is the Chelsea of very old, not letting slip a win away and go on scoring. Sturridge playing a superb ball through to Torres for the first time i can remember. Good work from Torres, Mikel and Mata, and of course Ivanovic, who is also becoming a threat now at set pieces. Good game, very entertaining to watch. Respect to Petrov and the Villains.

We deserved to win though.

When it was 3-2, i had flashbacks from the 4-4 and 3-3 from the bridge in previous years. I went quite crazy when Torres buried them.

You and me both dude! I thought it was nice to finally score a late goal on them seeing as they've done it to us too many times in the past!

great stuff, torres fluffed two chances in the first 15 mins but deff deserved that goal with how he has been playing... looking at his old goals in a liverpool shirt, that was a splitting image of them, as well as the celey hahahaha!!!

and has anyone else noticed his (torres) attitude toward his team when they score??? against benfica he hit us with a huge fist pump and same today when ivan score too...

you can tell he is liking where he is at... team player...

glad to see him playing well and the team firing on all cylinders... great day to be a chelsea fan, QPR won!